Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > East Coast

View Poll Results: Are you attending BPO 2009?
YES! Absolutely. Count me in! 3 17.65%
Maybe. I want to but I'm not sure I can make it. 2 11.76%
No. Want to, but definitely can't make it that day. 10 58.82%
No. I'm a kitty - all talk but no action. 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #41
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
Good shit!
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:50 AM   #42
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad99Olds View Post
if its who i think it is you have 10 man points

yes i brought mary. was good to see mitch again, bummer ken was under the weather because it was a great day for racing.

i only ran my car 3 times, 2 time trials and one elimination round. i left my slips in the car but my first run was 15.3xx then a 15.2xx so i dialed in at a 15.22 for eliminations. i forget what car i raced against but he was dialed in at 12.06 so i had a big head start. i had the best tree of my life @ .116 but the car tanked and ran a 15.6 which was disturbing. it has never run that slow. i know it was a little on the hot side, the temp gauge was a little over half and i did add a gallon of 100 octane gas since my car was on E. i did some math on it and it should have been around 95 octane once mixed with what i had, but i can't imagine that hurt anything since all tuning i have ever done/had done was on 93 octane. i think i did let off the throttle a little bit since the other guy walked right by me after 1000' making me think he was going to break out, and i ended up losing by .18 seconds.

even though i was one and done i am still glad i made it up there. congrats on the money mitch that is good stuff. i'll be sure to tell mary about your winnings!

oh and i weighed my car after the second run... 3,400lbs with me in it. i left my huge sub box in the trunk plus i had baggage since it was a weekend trip. i think mary's bag alone was 50lbs lol
Old 10-26-2009, 01:13 AM   #43
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
yes i brought mary. was good to see mitch again, bummer ken was under the weather because it was a great day for racing.

i only ran my car 3 times, 2 time trials and one elimination round. i left my slips in the car but my first run was 15.3xx then a 15.2xx so i dialed in at a 15.22 for eliminations. i forget what car i raced against but he was dialed in at 12.06 so i had a big head start. i had the best tree of my life @ .116 but the car tanked and ran a 15.6 which was disturbing. it has never run that slow. i know it was a little on the hot side, the temp gauge was a little over half and i did add a gallon of 100 octane gas since my car was on E. i did some math on it and it should have been around 95 octane once mixed with what i had, but i can't imagine that hurt anything since all tuning i have ever done/had done was on 93 octane. i think i did let off the throttle a little bit since the other guy walked right by me after 1000' making me think he was going to break out, and i ended up losing by .18 seconds.

even though i was one and done i am still glad i made it up there. congrats on the money mitch that is good stuff. i'll be sure to tell mary about your winnings!

oh and i weighed my car after the second run... 3,400lbs with me in it. i left my huge sub box in the trunk plus i had baggage since it was a weekend trip. i think mary's bag alone was 50lbs lol

You are officially my hero. And of course her bad weighed 50 pounds, shes a chick, they bring along a lot of shit.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #44
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
who's mary?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #45
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
who's mary?

A rather attractive woman, I had the privelage of meeting her in person. Deffinitly too good for Jon though
Old 10-26-2009, 01:55 AM   #46
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
pics now!!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #47
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A rather attractive woman, I had the privelage of meeting her in person. Deffinitly too good for Jon though
LOL!!!

I wish I had someone that looked like that working for me. She took a bunch of pics so hopefully Jon can get those posted up. She also had the cutest sign made up to cheer Jon on! LOL!!!!

Yeah it was definitely great seeing Jon again. Too bad we didn't get to hook up with anybody else. I don't think the 100 octane hurt anything either. I've run that in my Daytona without incident. All it does is allow for a cleaner, more efficient burn, more aggressive tuning, and less chance of detonation. And with the way Jon's car was set up I would have thought the computer would have loved the extra octane. I really think it had more to do with his engine temp, the track conditions, and maybe how he launched it and eased at the end. I ran only 87 octane (less than 1/4 tank full) and kept the engine temps below the mid-line.

My lights (in run order): .094, .059, .043, and .031
It was pretty easy finding the sweet spot on the tree with her. I only had to do a few minor tweaks to how I launched her vs. the Daytona to get my lights down. 1000-1100 RPM and hitting it on the top of the 3rd bulb. Left her in 3rd gear all day. Would have loved to see what she would have run full out at the end of the night when the temps dropped into the 40's (or on the first run when the track was clean and the temps were in the mid 50's). I would have launched higher and then manually shifted to really push her.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #48
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Old 10-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #49
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Please tell me those didnt get bigger...

and by that i mean her bangs look way longer
Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #50
kwhauck
2Screwy

holy shit, those bangs are long.....
Old 10-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #51
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

the bangs are very distracting
Old 10-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #52
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
I hope you showed her your hose Jon.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #53
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
I hope you showed her your hose Jon.

Probably not. My guess is he fell asleep braiding her hair and being little spoon.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #54
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Saw daytona's car.. never saw jon's though
Old 10-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #55
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Probably not. My guess is he fell asleep braiding her hair and being little spoon.
He has been out of country a long time ya know. Give him a break man.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #56
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He has been out of country a long time ya know. Give him a break man.

Haha oh I know. The time difference gave me something to do while at work, which was IM Jon, and ask him the same 10 qustions every day. Haha.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #57
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
My time slip pics. First 2 are time shots and the second 2 are eliminations. My car #: 4281.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote