Old 04-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
2.3L HO vacuum hose

I'm doing the 2.3L HO manifold swap today and I was reading the guide on
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=101996 and it says

"Remove the vacuum hose from the area of the A/C compressor and take your extra vacuum hose you purchased and attached that to were you just remove the old line. Once you do that use the old line and attach it to one of the ports on the throttle body and connect that line to the new line (basically you just extended the old line to reach the throttle body)"

Does anyone know what size vacuum line I need to get?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Something like 1/8" or 3/16" ID. Sounds like they're talking about the EVAP canister hose.

I'm going to be redoing all my vacuum lines with all new line soon so I'll have sizing on all of them sometime next week.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i just ran those vacuum lines to the manifold and plugged the ports on the TB. still works fine and gives you more room for TB. the only one i cut and moved for the TB was for the brake booster. the line from the AC goes to the middle port on top between the runners and the line from the FPR goes to a port on the back of the plenum. If you look at the guide you see the pic of my motor and can see where the ac line goes.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
AtomicX
GL Member

So the port on the way left of the manifold gets the MAP, the center gets AC, last on front gets plugged, and fpr goes on the back?
Old 04-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
AtomicX
GL Member

So the port on the way left of the manifold gets the MAP, the center gets AC, last on front gets plugged, and fpr goes on the back?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't matter. As long as all of the vacuum hoses are hooked up to something that has vacuum applied to it, it's fine. It's not like there's a specific port they have to be connected to. Whatever fits.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
AtomicX
GL Member

How did you mount the Throttle body bracket?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:18 AM   #8
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
i mounted it on the side but i alot do the top.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:19 AM   #9
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicX View Post

thats basically how i did mine. didn't have to extend or cut those hoses.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
AtomicX
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
i mounted it on the side but i alot do the top.

Could you take some pics of where your TB is mounted, mine was having a hard time getting in there.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #11
Oldsman
Owner

it doesn't fit easy. if you put the tb on the manifold outside of the car and look at how it sits you'll notice there is some ways it fits without fully covering the bottom of the tb and other ways it does. you have screw with the wiring harness that is down there to give you more room.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
AtomicX
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
it doesn't fit easy. if you put the tb on the manifold outside of the car and look at how it sits you'll notice there is some ways it fits without fully covering the bottom of the tb and other ways it does. you have screw with the wiring harness that is down there to give you more room.

That's what I did, cut the bracket down also, looks like crap. I may to to the junkyard and find a ho car and take that tb bracket.