Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

View Poll Results: What are you most interested in?
High end Lip kits (front lip, side skirts, rear vallance) 32 18.93%
Cheap lip kits $350 range, or $150 range individually 38 22.49%
Full Bodykits (cheap) $600 range 78 46.15%
Full Bodykits (high end like Veilside) 35 20.71%
Hoods (High end only) 47 27.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #481
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
Here ya go for the non beleivers. The front bumper is almost done and here are your updated pics. The next step is once we have molds made I am going to get a bumper on my car and i will accept preorder buys while the rest of the kit is being finished.

Since powerlifter is working with me on this, I will personally hold the preorder checks. Once he finishes the full kit, I will go ahead and send him the money once that is done so he can reproduce them and send them out to everybody. If this doesnt go through for any reason then i will gladly mail u the check back.

looks good, also looks like it needs alittle more work great job tho. If I see one kit completed Ill buy from here, but with my experience with the other buy Ill wait til all the details are worked out before I commit, so know that im interested
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #482
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by hok666 View Post
looks good, also looks like it needs alittle more work great job tho. If I see one kit completed Ill buy from here, but with my experience with the other buy Ill wait til all the details are worked out before I commit, so know that im interested

Thats exactly why for everybodies safety on the site I will be handling the financial aspects of it. Once the front bumper is delivered to me then I know its a go and I will take prebuy orders for half the full cost in order to show the vested interest from every member. (once again its fully returned if anything should happen) and once the rest of the kit is out the other half will be due + shipping and the kit will be shipped over to you. This way it removes anybody who talks a big game over somebody with the cash ready to go ahead with this. Because just as last time the prebuyers will get a discount over what the kit will cost afterewards.

and yes it obviously needs some touch ups but those are minimal as you can see. I just wanted to post some updated pics for you guys to let you know we arent just sitting on our hands.

Last edited by Silentalero : 01-18-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #483
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
the biggest question should be how long will it take for the rest of the kit to be finished?
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #484
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
well considering I'll have the money waiting for him it'll give him a financial reassurance to rush on it.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #485
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
That doesnt give any type of time frame. The reason Im asking is becuase if for some reason the other one falls threw, im might get in on this one. So Im asking questions early.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #486
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i have a bad feeling about 2 OSV group buys.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #487
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post

ditto. Either way it goes, people aren't going to be happy. But then again, that's their problem. It looks good. About how much total cost are we talking about?
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #488
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post

I do to....but atleast theres a better chance one will go threw.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #489
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
not bad............definitely OSV inspired and not actual OSV.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #490
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update and photos ... they show some very nice work!

While I am not as much interested in the full bumper, I like that it's being done for those who want it. I am more interested in a lip only and would prefer one that bolts-on but any lip would be a plus for me.

Thanks Silentalero & Powerlifter for the work you're doing on this!

Last edited by CharleyO99Alero : 01-18-2008 at 11:45 PM.
CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #491
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
I'd take that over any of the other kits already produced for the Alero. I didnt intend to kit the car, but that would maybe make me change my mind. Will this be a full kit? both bumpers + rockers? Like Charley said, I would also be interested in a smaller lip only that would bolt to the front bumper.

Good job by the way, never thought this would go that far. congrats!
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis

Last edited by Vinalero : 01-19-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #492
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
I do to....but atleast theres a better chance one will go threw.
or theres a better chance 50% of the people get effed over and then your short half the people for the other group buy and neither of them goes through...

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #493
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
I'd take that over any of the other kits already produced for the Alero. I didnt intend to kit the car, but that would maybe make me change my mind. Will this be a full kit? both bumpers + rockers? Like Charley said, I would also be interested in a smaller lip only that would bolt to the front bumper.

Good job by the way, never thought this would go that far. congrats!

If there is enough demand for the lip then yes we are going to offer it. I'm waiting to hear back from him now on the time frame. Initially yes it will be a full fiberglass replacement bumpers and rockers.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #494
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Once again, how much are we looking at for the full kit? I'm more interested in getting a full kit now that my rear bumper looks like crap....
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #495
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
If there is enough demand for the lip then yes we are going to offer it. I'm waiting to hear back from him now on the time frame. Initially yes it will be a full fiberglass replacement bumpers and rockers.

I suppose a bolt on lip to the front bumper (like bolted to where the original splash shield bolts) would be really cheaper than a full kit when you talk about conception money.

If theres a lip in the future and it is lower than lets say 150$, I will get one for sure. The kit would be acquired maybe later.

Keep us updated.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #496
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
Once again, how much are we looking at for the full kit? I'm more interested in getting a full kit now that my rear bumper looks like crap....

x2.. how much
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:45 AM   #497
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

Look guys, there are already enough interested in the "bodykits" buy for it to go through and all that is needed is getting a donor car to them. There's plenty enough members here to support both projects. So, lighten up a bit and let's see both of these projects get finished and offered to those who want them.

CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #498
Mischief007
GL Member

Mischief007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Mischief007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyO99Alero View Post

Look guys, there are already enough interested in the "bodykits" buy for it to go through and all that is needed is getting a donor car to them. There's plenty enough members here to support both projects. So, lighten up a bit and let's see both of these projects get finished and offered to those who want them.

, spoken like an old man . You are absolutely correct Charley. I'm following both closely.
Mischief007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 AM   #499
paulyb
GLS member

[quote=CharleyO99Alero;329565]***

you have no clue what your talking about, there is a donor car............
Old 01-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #500
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Powerlifter and I are disscussing the release dates, and timing for cash and final cost since he will be reproducing them and not a random fiberglass shop. Once those details are hammered out I will post up and let you guys know. For the time being I do have more updates on the front bumper and it WILL be done by the end of the month just as said.

Enjoy, this pic you can see alot more of the osv curves than previous pictures.