Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 01-30-2016, 02:26 PM   #1
@mgaw23
GX Member

@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute
Brand new stereo no sound!!!! HELP

Hey guys I've looked up forms and can't find the answer to my issue

I have my stereo all hooked up turns on and everything and I have the speakers wired directly from the deck to brand new speakers and I looked over and it's all good but if I only have on speaker connect then it works as soon as I hook up another on it doesn't work! I'm puzzled! It's all wired right! All parts are brand new the deck is a boss 9464b

2003 alero 2.2 ecotec tinted windows, cold air intake, strut bar, full pacesetter exhaust, HID lights, grill mesh, brembro brakes, kicker l7, chipped and more but looking for more mods i would like to keep my car luxury, clean and a head turner.
i do auto detailing so my car is always spotless [SIGPIC]
@mgaw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:38 AM   #2
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
I noticed you said that when one is connected by itself, it does work. Does this apply to all your speakers? If you connect them by themselves, do they work? Or is it only a certain speaker?
Old 02-01-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
@mgaw23
GX Member

@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for helping!

if i only hook up one speaker it will play from one speaker! anyone speaker, as soon as i hook up two of three it doesn't work

2003 alero 2.2 ecotec tinted windows, cold air intake, strut bar, full pacesetter exhaust, HID lights, grill mesh, brembro brakes, kicker l7, chipped and more but looking for more mods i would like to keep my car luxury, clean and a head turner.
i do auto detailing so my car is always spotless [SIGPIC]
@mgaw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #4
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I could be wrong, but it sounds like the amplifier in the stereo isn't putting out enough power for the other speakers.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:41 AM   #5
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
I could be wrong, but it sounds like the amplifier in the stereo isn't putting out enough power for the other speakers.

I would have to agree with this statement. At first, I was thinking it was the speaker outs, but once you said that all speakers work individually, I ruled that out.

I am very iffy about this, but, as a temporary fix, and depending on how many ohms your speakers are, have you tried connecting two speakers, to one of the speaker outputs? It will not be very loud, but at least you will have sound coming from both left and right, rather than one side. I think I have read that your speaker load should not be under 4 ohms per channel though. So connections will be based on how many ohms your speakers are.

If still under warranty, give customer service a call. Maybe they can fix your HU, or send you a new one. This would be your best alternative.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:27 PM   #6
shinnick66
GX Member

shinnick66 is on a distinguished road
Connect the dark green wire (one of the extra wires) to your streio's amp turn on wire. The factory amp needs to be powered on. I wouldn't recommend connecting the green wire to a constant power source other wise the factory amp will never turn off.
shinnick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:41 AM   #7
Netuddki
GX Member

Netuddki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinnick66 View Post
Connect the dark green wire (one of the extra wires) to your streio's amp turn on wire. The factory amp needs to be powered on. I wouldn't recommend connecting the green wire to a constant power source other wise the factory amp will never turn off.

You are my hero!

I bought a radio and I had no sound.
The seller told me that the Radio has no CAN bus and can not use factory amplifiers, so I have to attach the speakers directly.

I didn't want to accept that, so based on your comment I attached the dark green cable to an ACC power cable and it works without having to mess with speakers or anything else.
Netuddki is offline   Reply With Quote