Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
@mgaw23
GX Member

@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute
how do you replace rear speakers?

How do I replace my rear 6x9s? Mine are making dumb loud noises so I bought new ones! How do I put them in?

2003 alero 2.2 ecotec tinted windows, cold air intake, strut bar, full pacesetter exhaust, HID lights, grill mesh, brembro brakes, kicker l7, chipped and more but looking for more mods i would like to keep my car luxury, clean and a head turner.
i do auto detailing so my car is always spotless [SIGPIC]
@mgaw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
fold rear seats down. should be a black strap hanging from the top of trunk, then pull up rear deck cover (carpet with 2 speaker covers) and that gives you access to them.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
The rear deck panel should be able to be removed if you fold the rear seat back rest and I think you have to remove the pillar trim pieces. I changed mine 2 years ago so there might be more to it than just that.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
@mgaw23
GX Member

@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute
Ok seems pretty easy? I just tryed it and I have no idea how to take that plasic thing out! How do I do it?

2003 alero 2.2 ecotec tinted windows, cold air intake, strut bar, full pacesetter exhaust, HID lights, grill mesh, brembro brakes, kicker l7, chipped and more but looking for more mods i would like to keep my car luxury, clean and a head turner.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
It should be pretty simple, there should be some plastic pins that are holding it on after you have the seats down. Kinda act as a rivet would, but they come out then that should make the rear deck pull up.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
@mgaw23
GX Member

How do I take the riviots out? Will I need to replace them?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
just pry/pull hard...I replaced the deck speakers on my alero as well as my friends and didn't break a single one among them so unless you do something really wrong then no
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

i just use two flat heads, the "rivets" are plastic.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Your car is a 2003. DO NOT pull the plastic covers that go over the speakers to take them off. They will NOT go back on if you do that. Only 99-01's were able to be taken out that way I think.

The proper way to take out the speakers is to put the seats down (via the black straps in the trunk), then you have to take off the side pads of the top part of the seat. It's a 15mm bolt IIRC, if not 14, which is hidden towards the bottom of the pad. You have to hunt for it on the bottom portion of the seat. Afterwards, you take off the C pillar covers and then pop off the panel clips that hold the dark gray/black trim piece where the seats latch. Once that is off, the rear deck dash comes off, you just lift it up.

The speakers are held in by plastic clips. They are not bolted down to the car. Press on the clips and push them up. Then the speaker comes out with the housing around it. There's more clips that hold the speakers in. Push them out with a flathead screwdriver and pull the speaker up. It helps if you navigate the screwdriver in a way where the speaker goes up as the pin is pushed out. Then just pop the new speakers in. You have to angle the speakers so it goes into 2 of the pins that hold it in, then use the screwdriver to push the other pins out and pop the speaker into place. Then put the housing back in the rear deck and reverse the steps.

You will also need a speaker wire adapter, similar to those that are used in the radios.

They look similar to this.

1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #10
@mgaw23
GX Member

K thanks man but why do I need those adapters? Can't I just use the old ones?

Old 02-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #11
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
Your car is a 2003. DO NOT pull the plastic covers that go over the speakers to take them off. They will NOT go back on if you do that. Only 99-01's were able to be taken out that way I think.

The proper way to take out the speakers is to put the seats down (via the black straps in the trunk), then you have to take off the side pads of the top part of the seat. It's a 15mm bolt IIRC, if not 14, which is hidden towards the bottom of the pad. You have to hunt for it on the bottom portion of the seat. Afterwards, you take off the C pillar covers and then pop off the panel clips that hold the dark gray/black trim piece where the seats latch. Once that is off, the rear deck dash comes off, you just lift it up.

The speakers are held in by plastic clips. They are not bolted down to the car. Press on the clips and push them up. Then the speaker comes out with the housing around it. There's more clips that hold the speakers in. Push them out with a flathead screwdriver and pull the speaker up. It helps if you navigate the screwdriver in a way where the speaker goes up as the pin is pushed out. Then just pop the new speakers in. You have to angle the speakers so it goes into 2 of the pins that hold it in, then use the screwdriver to push the other pins out and pop the speaker into place. Then put the housing back in the rear deck and reverse the steps.

You will also need a speaker wire adapter, similar to those that are used in the radios.

They look similar to this.

you really don't need that adapter, just cut on the speaker side of the factory harness, I thought we had already made it pretty clear that you remove the rear deck

If he misunderstood then sorry but there is another post that specifically says remove the rear deck...next thing is that if you have monsoon sound let me know and I will look in the morning and see which two of the four wires you have to use
Old 02-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #12
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
I read someone say something about plastic pieces and I assumed that it was the plastic that goes over the speaker on the rear deck.

Besides, even if it was established, it wasn't established that it's a process to get to the rear deck. This car makes you go through hoops for the rear deck.

The adapters is if in case he felt like keeping them for a day he decides to revert to stock style speakers. I did that if I ever decide to sell my car.

Seeing the OP doesn't really care for it, he can just splice the stock connector off. The dark wire is usually ground... just a heads up!
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 02-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #13
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
The adapters is if in case he felt like keeping them for a day he decides to revert to stock style speakers. I did that if I ever decide to sell my car.

lol...really? Get better aftermarket speakers and then say ehh...i wanna go back to the shitty stockers. Also...are you really going to go through all that trouble to switch back to stockers if you sell the car? How much did they set you back? Like $50-$80? lol. Eh...to each their own but i just thought those two things were funny.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

It's if he sells the car he can keep his good speakers.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #15
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
lol...really? Get better aftermarket speakers and then say ehh...i wanna go back to the shitty stockers. Also...are you really going to go through all that trouble to switch back to stockers if you sell the car? How much did they set you back? Like $50-$80? lol. Eh...to each their own but i just thought those two things were funny.

My car's speakers are rewired anyways if in case I want to amp my speakers, but yes I'd go back to shitty stockers if I sold the car. I've put about $500 in sound on my car, and I'm keeping all the stuff for the next car. Nothing more that I hate than being in a tight crunch and not being able to have good sound in my car. I currently have that problem now with my Cutlass. I have other priorities so I can't just say "eff it" and drop a head in it.... now if I had a spare.... then I'd have a head in it lol.

But yeah, if I ever sold the car, I'd give it back the same way I got it. Unless of course something was broken, then I'd be nice enough to let em have it fixed.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 02-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
@mgaw23
GX Member

So I installed my rear speakers and yeah they where kinda pricey but there 500 watts each and had 3 twitters! And they where a bitch to up in the magnet is HUGE!! Ima tell you guys how I did it.
I listened to you guys
I took out the rivots
That plastic pice was hard getting out but I did it and that carpet......
That bitch didn't come out!!!!! So we just lifted it up and worded like that
Them harneses where kinda effed up it had two hook ups (the old speakers) the new ones only had one! So I let one be and hooked them up
Then I thought this one speakers still alright its just got a deep bass soo I hooked it up to the other two wires on the harnes and no word of a lie it sounds like a 10 inch sub is in my trunk! Haha oh and I changed my deck next in putting componets in the front

Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #17
03glgold
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mgaw23 View Post
Them harneses where kinda effed up it had two hook ups (the old speakers) the new ones only had one! So I let one be and hooked them up
Then I thought this one speakers still alright its just got a deep bass soo I hooked it up to the other two wires on the harnes and no word of a lie it sounds like a 10 inch sub is in my trunk! Haha oh and I changed my deck next in putting componets in the front

Assuming you are meaning there are 4 wires per speaker, you have the monsoon system...Tomorrow I will look at what wires I used and let you know...I have both bass and words working normally as with a normally wired speaker.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #18
@mgaw23
GX Member

Na man it works 100%! I riged it up! Me and a budy bought a 24 and spent all night putting in audio I saved like 200 bucks in labor!

Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #19
03glgold
GLS member

ok...I know it took a bit to find the right combo of wires to make it work right with the monsoon system.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #20
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
I just put SoundStream Bi-Amplified 6x9s in mine and saved the headache lol.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote