Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
00AleroGoldPackageV6
GX Member

00AleroGoldPackageV6 is on a distinguished road
Question Alero Problems

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and I'm having some problems with my 2000 Alero GL (or GLS, I don't know) V6.

My dad purchased this Alero about a month ago, it's a very nice car, handles well, and has a lot of torque. But on the other hand it has some defects of it's own too.

When my dad drives the car and he floors the pedal (WOT) the engine fails to surpass 4000 RPM it just bounces like a rev limiter. The engine bounces around 3800-3900 RPM's. But yet the speed increases smoothly.

Yesterday I started up the Alero and let it idle for about 30 minutes, I let the engine warm up before I do some revving. Now when I press on the accelerator there's a "click" noise and then the engine RPM drops down to about 500 and then it goes up to whatever RPM I push the accelerator to. Also in Park I floored the accelerator and let the RPM's drop to idle, and when it drops to idle instead of just it staying at 750 RPM's it just fluctuates between 800-1000 and then goes back to idle (750) afterwords.

Also while revving up the engine, I decided to rev it up very slowly to see what happens and around 2000-3000 RPM's there's a heavy vibration coming from the engine, especially around 2200 RPM's.

Second to last, is that the minor problems that I have with my Alero currently is that I have an leaky exhaust manifold just at the back of the engine. And a squeaky belt.

Lastly, the common problems with the Alero that happened to mines, which is the wheels bearings (both of them!), hazard switch (got it off a 99 Alero, so I wouldn't have any trouble with it again). The exhaust is smoking white a little bit (I'm a bit scared to drive it).
00AleroGoldPackageV6 is offline   Reply With Quote