Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
jokerl90
GX Member

jokerl90 is on a distinguished road
passlock?

Bought a 2001 Alero few weeks ago, not once have I seen the security light come on. Not at the "bulb check" or any other time. I'm thinking the Passlock system has been bypassed at some time.
This morning I crank the car and the "Service Engine Soon" light comes on steady. Make my short trip, car runs great, get back home. Plug in my bluetooth adapter, fire up Torque on a android pad and scan for codes. Get one code, for a missfire in cyl-3. Thinking it may just be a little burp making the SES light come on, I clear the code. Crank the car , to see if the light will come on again and it runs just for a split second the dies. CRAP!!!! Try again for a few times, no luck...CRAPCRAPCRAP lol
Come straight here and start reading threads. Try disconnecting battery for 30 minutes then re-attach and wait another 30 minutes. No luck.
Try the 10 minute procedure for Passlock and the car cranks just like it's new on the showroom floor! (and the SES light is not burning)
Again, not once did I see the security light come on. I'm wondering, is the bulb blown? Was the bulb removed because someone got tired of looking at it after passlock was bypassed?
Also, from the build sticker under the spare tire cover, this car came with remote keyless entry and I do not have the remotes to make that work.
Anyone have any guess as to what is going on here?
jokerl90 is offline   Reply With Quote