Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #21
Williamleo
GX Member

Williamleo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Williamleo
You guys... It isn't any different than 20 or 30 years ago when your dad's were putting Hemi badges on 318 Dusters and SS stickers on inline 6 Camaros.

spc2125 is absolutely right about the way you treat people here. I can't believe anybody goes to your meetings with the way certain folks are talked down to. Just saying guys.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #22
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i would rather not meet someone in person that actually does that

6.0 V8...what are you driving a GTO?

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamleo View Post
You guys... It isn't any different than 20 or 30 years ago when your dad's were putting Hemi badges on 318 Dusters and SS stickers on inline 6 Camaros.
MY dad left his old badging on while having much larger, built engine in his Chevelle. It's far more fun to have someone else get shown up because they judged you by your cover, than to be called out and actually be slow and stock while bragging/pretending to be fast.
Quote:
spc2125 is absolutely right about the way you treat people here. I can't believe anybody goes to your meetings with the way certain folks are talked down to. Just saying guys.
It's not "our" meeting. It's YOUR meeting too. EVERYONE on Aleromod can come and those who aren't can as well. If you showed up you'd see how family like everyone is. This is the internet, where opinions are expressed without nicey-nice filtering. You get the cold hard truth.

The only people who get talked "down" to on here are those that do clearly stupid things and act like it's good.
By continuing to do something that is WIDELY regarded as ricer, fake, posing, they're going to get what they set themselves up to receive!
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #24
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:

Dude....you wouldn't come anyways if we were all nice. "too long of a drive" will prob be your excuse just like everyone else. You cant believe anyone goes to the meets? Why? cause we bash a kid with 2 stupid emblems on his car. WE DONT WANT THAT AT THE CAR SHOW ANYWAYS.....we take our cars seriously and dont do stupid things to it. IDK about everyone else but i really dont want a kid there who has 6.0 V8 badges on his car....its just gonna make us looks stupid.

The people who come to the meets are AWESOME.....i ALWAYS have a great time. Nobody is mean to each other and everyone always has a good time just chatting up. So please dont talk about something you have NO idea about.....smh
Old 02-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #25
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
they may not see what we see though. iv gone through my ricer fase and i had to see some realy nice clean cars and get some really good understanding of whats really respectable.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I showed up at ASS '07 when I was a senior in high school like this kid. I had stickers on my car and a giant aluminum spoiler on the trunk. So I'd have to say I know what it's like on both sides of the fence here, and you can probably regard my opinions as well-founded.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #27
Williamleo
GX Member

You are bashing a kid with the love for the same car you have. It's just as easy to be nice than to be a prick.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #28
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Looks clean. Don't worry kid, most of us have been through the ricer stage and do things we regret. Everyone's criticizes you because they don't want you looking like a tool thats all. One day you'll realize that acting like you have a 6.0 V8 is silly and you'll want to get those off.

In the mean time if you enjoy it then keep it. It's your car and no one cant make you mod it any other way than what you like, but just remember that those emblems make your car more likely to get vandalized because haters are gonna hate.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #29
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
Looks clean. Don't worry kid, most of us have been through the ricer stage and do things we regret. Everyone's criticizes you because they don't want you looking like a tool thats all. One day you'll realize that acting like you have a 6.0 V8 is silly and you'll want to get those off.

In the mean time if you enjoy it then keep it. It's your car and no one cant make you mod it any other way than what you like, but just remember that those emblems make your car more likely to get vandalized because haters are gonna hate.

well put.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #30
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
am i the only one that hasn't gone through a ricer stage yet??? time to buy a honda

jk.
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #31
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
am i the only one that hasn't gone through a ricer stage yet??? time to buy a honda

jk.

My ricer stage never got a chance to see the light of day outside of Need for Speed Underground. Thank god

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #32
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

i had a 95 vw golf with 3 spoke aluminum wheels, 2 12" subs, and the biggest fart can i could find...
Old 02-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #33
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
ya i went through a ricer stage with my first alero. but i quickly learned that a clean sleek car looks a lot better. when people see it they say how nice it looks. I agree it looks bad especially at ass and the oldsmobile show were there are a ton of classic olds.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #34
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
You are bashing a kid with the love for the same car you have. It's just as easy to be nice than to be a prick.

I'm sorry

I went through the rice stage too....i have a maroon car and i painted A LOT of stuff under my hood SMURF BLUE (thought it would be darker lol)....then everyone here chewed me out....a week later i went and bought some black paint. That's about as rice as i went lol
Old 02-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #35
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
I'm sorry

I went through the rice stage too....i have a maroon car and i painted A LOT of stuff under my hood SMURF BLUE (thought it would be darker lol)....then everyone here chewed me out....a week later i went and bought some black paint. That's about as rice as i went lol

how did you feel about your car after you changed the paint?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #36
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
how did you feel about your car after you changed the paint?

MUCH better....i really dont know what i was thinking when i painted it blue It looked so much better in black..."flowed" a lot nicer.

BTW if you take stuff personally then this might not be the best site for you. BIG DEAL...we rag on the kids who rice their cars out....for good reason. If you (and william) cant take the heat....GET OUT THE KITCHEN!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #37
Williamleo
GX Member

Thanks Billy! I thought putting the front sway bar on might be considered rice, but you guys taught me that it was a good idea! And it was.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #38
Williamleo
GX Member

Strut bar, sorry
Old 02-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #39
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
I showed up at ASS '07 when I was a senior in high school like this kid. I had stickers on my car and a giant aluminum spoiler on the trunk. So I'd have to say I know what it's like on both sides of the fence here, and you can probably regard my opinions as well-founded.

I'm keeping this picture forever chris!
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #40
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Not only is the spoiler rice....but all those stickers.....RICE....wtf do u need a pioneer sticker for? so people know you have a pioneer deck and/or speakers or amp? lol....unless your getting sponsored by all those companies its kinda rice to have them all on there. Chris was def a ricer! lol