Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
Mason
GX Member

Mason is on a distinguished road
quick question about headunit wiring

so i bought a new deck and i just finished assembling the mount I bought now it's time for the wiring. i bought a wire harness adapter thing for 92' up gm cars and what I think i have to do is connect the matching wires to the deck wires and plug it in to the existing harness in the car (correct me if im wrong please)

anyways on to my question. the wires for the deck have a black wire and so does the harness adapter thing... which one do I ground or do i have to ground both
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
I may be wrong on this so wait for someone else to comment, but if you have a harness it should be a matter of connecting it to the stock plug in and then it is already grounded for you.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
I may be wrong on this so wait for someone else to comment, but if you have a harness it should be a matter of connecting it to the stock plug in and then it is already grounded for you.

correct. use the search button!!! there are multiple threads for how to install a head unit. besides just the wire harness you also need the ding box thing as well.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Mason
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
correct. use the search button!!! there are multiple threads for how to install a head unit. besides just the wire harness you also need the ding box thing as well.

wshats the dingbox
Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
after i installed my radio, all my chimes were gone, and i like it. dont have to worry about DING DING DING all the time
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
wshats the dingbox

its another sort of harness thing that buttons up the whole system. you need one either way, you can get one that dings, or one that doesnt.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
Mason
GX Member

i realized why im having so much trouble with this, i bought the wrong harness
Old 04-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
^ lol i was gonna say, there should be a newer harness then 92 and up...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
Mason
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
^ lol i was gonna say, there should be a newer harness then 92 and up...

ibought the scosche 92 and up gm after attatching all of the wires to read that for aleros its only up to 2000.... my car is an 01 so now i need to search for a new harness