Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #161
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
I can think of a lot of uses for this stuff, but none of them involve a car's exterior.

TRUF.....
Old 04-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #162
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Is this stuff really any different than the stuff you see advertised on TV:

http://toolmonger.com/2011/08/02/hot...-spray-rubber/
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #163
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
Is this stuff really any different than the stuff you see advertised on TV:

http://toolmonger.com/2011/08/02/hot...-spray-rubber/

nope...
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #164
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
hahaha you should have just let me drive your HO. i could have been through all the crap in no time.

You cant handle the powwwa
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #165
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
what power manwhore? lol

zz: to each his own... the only thing on my car thats plasti dipped are emblems and winter rims. leaving the rims the way they are but im gonna take it all off the emblems once i get the car back. so once the 18s are on i wont have any of that on there until the winter when the junk tires are on.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #166
Mason
GX Member

Mason is on a distinguished road
was looking forward to doing this today only to go to the store and find out its $22 here.... time to look online
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #167
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
dang! 22$ a can... thats ridiculousness.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #168
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
was looking forward to doing this today only to go to the store and find out its $22 here.... time to look online

wow! is should only be like 8.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #169
Mason
GX Member

Mason is on a distinguished road
and if i were to buy plastidip online with shipping it would just be cheaper to pay the $22... could one can do all of my emblems plus the emblems on another car? my friend wants to do his emblems on his si so i couldjust split on a can
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #170
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
and if i were to buy plastidip online with shipping it would just be cheaper to pay the $22... could one can do all of my emblems plus the emblems on another car? my friend wants to do his emblems on his si so i couldjust split on a can

Yes....there is PLENTY in there to do emblems on prob like 10-20 cars
Old 06-15-2012, 02:50 AM   #171
Math-u
GX Member

Math-u is an unknown quantity at this point
Guy, sorry to bring up an older thread but just wanna let you know none of the store in Winnipeg(napa, Part source, Home depot, rona.....) dont carry Plasti dip. and i went on ebay and check the price.... $7 + $31 SHIPPING!! (o.0) Wtf. is there anyway i can get it a BIT cheaper???
Old 06-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #172
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:

lets just say it took 2 cans to do four 16' rims for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math-u View Post
Guy, sorry to bring up an older thread but just wanna let you know none of the store in Winnipeg(napa, Part source, Home depot, rona.....) dont carry Plasti dip. and i went on ebay and check the price.... $7 + $31 SHIPPING!! (o.0) Wtf. is there anyway i can get it a BIT cheaper???

hmm weird man, idk look online at plasti dip retailers around your area. like if you look up plasti dip there would be a site and you go to "where to get" and it will show you a list of stores, hopefully one will have it near you.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #173
ronnysbray
GX Member

ronnysbray is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Why dont you have someone else buy it elsewhere and ship it to you? in a flat rate box?
ronnysbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #174
sleepyalero
GLS member

thats an idea
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #175
Math-u
GX Member

Math-u is an unknown quantity at this point
After a numerous questions at local stores finally i found piston ring carry those and just over $15 buck a can(tax included) and i got 2(seems like a rip off..... still) just to do it up on my hood, trying to cover up the rust. i just touch it up and coated wit clear nail polish b4 i plastic dip it. this stuff looks and feels weird wit that of a large surface..idk. but ya.... call it a day :P
Old 07-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #176
Brandonalero
GX Member

Brandonalero is on a distinguished road
peg

Quote:

Yeah i picked mine up from piston ring today thanks for the post
Brandonalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #177
TopHat428
GX Member

TopHat428 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Need wider stripes 442 style like this...

OMG i want to do this to my headlights!!
except my car is black so i want to make them black not blue
TopHat428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #178
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHat428 View Post
OMG i want to do this to my headlights!!
except my car is black so i want to make them black not blue

like mine, this pic was takin back in 2010.

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #179
TopHat428
GX Member

TopHat428 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
like mine, this pic was takin back in 2010.

Jealous!!! i love your lights!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #180
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
i have a set for sale...

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36299

if you want them let me know!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote