Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 03-17-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
mrudolphi88_06

I own a '02 Olds Alero with the 2.2 Ecotec and i have a hesitation when you stomp on it. From a dead stop you get on it a little it has a hesitation like when the ETS activates in the snow, like it hits a dead stop, kinda like hitting the governor. It also happens when you go to pass someone, it does it worse when it is colder. I have replaced the fuel filter, sparks plugs, and the spark plug wires, i have also added fuel injector cleaner but none of this has helped.

please i need help please post or email me at short_gomez88@hotmail.com

Thanks Michael
Old 03-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, I would help you if I could, maybe someone can shed a little light??? Pretty much everything I could think of would throw a code...maybe TPS??? (Throttle Position Sensor)
Old 03-18-2006, 10:57 AM   #3
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
Quote:
Originally posted by mrudolphi88_06@Mar 17 2006, 09:03 AM
I own a '02 Olds Alero with the 2.2 Ecotec and i have a hesitation when you stomp on it. From a dead stop you get on it a little it has a hesitationÂ;-) like when the ETS activates in the snow, like it hits a dead stop, kinda like hitting the governor.Â;-) It also happens when you go to pass someone, it does it worse when it is colder.Â;-) I have replaced the fuel filter, sparks plugs, and the spark plug wires, i have also added fuel injector cleaner but none of this has helped.

please i need help please post or email me at short_gomez88@hotmail.com

Thanks Michael

Are you sure you have the Ecotec because you said you replaced the spark plug wires, and it don't have spark plug wires. One thing you could try is a fuel injector flush from a pro. I had this done at the dealer to my Ecotec, and it helped with mine. Mine just seemed like it had NO power. There is a TSB on the fuel injectors getting clogged. One other thing it could be is a weak O2 sensor. Sometimes they will do this when they are getting ready to go bad. When they are weak, they send the wrong signal, but not bad enough to set the Check Engine light.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
check the throttle body too. on my 2.4 the flaps on the butterfly valve got sort of sticky from carbon buildup. Cleaned that up and it's fine now. It's something that would need to be done about the same time as oil changes
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
mrudolphi88_06

I tried cleaning the butterfly in the throttle body and there was carbonination on there but not too bad, when its cold outside now it will act like it has a misfire but we have put a scanner on it and it hasn't thrown a code, the hesisitation is still there. I have replaced the spark plugs and the spark plug stub connects (like spark plugs wires), i have also replace the fuel filter, i have added the fuel injector cleaner from autozone but i wondering if it is strong enough,

i need some assistance it bugs when it does when it shifts

thanks Michael
Old 03-25-2006, 01:23 PM   #6
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrudolphi88_06@Mar 25 2006, 01:01 PM
I tried cleaning the butterfly in the throttle body and there was carbonination on there but not too bad, when its cold outside now it will act like it has a misfire but we have put a scanner on it and it hasn't thrown a code, the hesisitation is still there. I have replaced the spark plugs and the spark plug stub connects (like spark plugs wires), i have also replace the fuel filter, i have added the fuel injector cleaner from autozone but i wondering if it is strong enough,

i need some assistance it bugs when it does when it shifts

thanks Michael

Why don't you replace your Front Oxygen Sensor. I think that really might be your problem. If not, it can't hurt and it may help you save gas. Ecotecs do have issues with Oxygen sensors going bad.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
mrudolphi88_06

Where is the Front Oxygen Sensor on the Ecotec are you talking about the one on the air intake or the exhuast one or what?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:43 PM   #8
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

Its on the exhuast manifold.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #9
lanzt

Thumbs down

ya my car does that to a little, i am aways sceard to pass some one, cus of that :wtf:
Old 04-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #10
mrudolphi88_06

I Found Out What The Hesitation Was!! It Was The Iginition Coil & Module. I Just Started Trying Things To Replace, My Friend Owns A Junkyard And Just Started Robbing Parts Off It And It Didn't Work I Put My Part Back On. It Was The Ignition Coil & Module That Sets Right On Top Of The Motor Above The Spark Plug & Where The Spark Plug Boots Connect. It Runs Like A Champ Now. I Took It To A GM Dealer And I Have A Friend That Works There Also And Had Him Order The Part Since I Have The Ext. Warranty It Was Covered. It Also Helped My Gas Milage Too. Thanks For All The Help I Had No Clue What It Was So I Just Started Into It.

Thanks Michael
Old 04-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #11
Lovestheh20

you really like to use the shift key there buddy..

good work on finding the problem.

I would have said the TB and the TBS
Old 04-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #12
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrudolphi88_06@Apr 10 2006, 09:45 AM
I Found Out What The Hesitation Was!! It Was The Iginition Coil & Module. I Just Started Trying Things To Replace, My Friend Owns A Junkyard And Just Started Robbing Parts Off It And It Didn't Work I Put My Part Back On. It Was The Ignition Coil & Module That Sets Right On Top Of The Motor Above The Spark Plug & Where The Spark Plug Boots Connect. It Runs Like A Champ Now. I Took It To A GM Dealer And I Have A Friend That Works There Also And Had Him Order The Part Since I Have The Ext. Warranty It Was Covered. It Also Helped My Gas Milage Too. Thanks For All The Help I Had No Clue What It Was So I Just Started Into It.

Thanks Michael

Thanks for letting us know. Now I know what to look for if I ever have this issue.