Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 11-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #141
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Well I think I found "MY" problem. I disconnected injector 4 and the car made no change like the other injectors did when I disconnected them. So I sprayed carb. & tbody cleaner around where the intake manifold and head meet....and the idle smoothed out.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:37 AM   #142
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
hmm. i've been sprayin wd40 and carb cleaner all over without change... will check tightness on intake manifold bolts though and spray wd40 around the intake manifold -> head area. i've been hearing a slight sound near the same area your issue was, but it could just be normal or the power steering sound.

per Cliff's suggestion after going over logs and my tune, i raised my base idle spark advance 3 degrees, flashing it tomorrow to see what happens
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 AM   #143
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

I think I going to take my manifold to the machine shop and have it checked for warpness and have them shave and straighten it out.

Remember the bolt pattern on the manifolds...and dont tighten one then go to the other....tighten them all at the same pace. Does that make sense?

My problem was cylinder 4 wasnt firing. When I disconneted injector 4 it made no difference thus I narrowed it down to that cylinder. I removed the spark plugs they were fouled with excessive fuel. I was running rich. The intake manifold wasnt sealed good on the the head on cylinder 4 and had a vacuum leak causing the computer to read incorrect. Thus it send more fuel in that cylinder which in turn fouled the sparked plugs.

Last edited by DOHC_tuner : 11-17-2008 at 01:01 AM.
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #144
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
SOLVED!

Intake manifold bolts were loose. LOL

P.S. Lindsey you win! Was a vacuum leak after all.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #145
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
You tard.

And I said carb cleaner or brake clean, not WD-40. Something with some ether that will spike your idle - for future. Was fun to picture you lubing up your whole engine bay though.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #146
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslindseysue View Post
Was fun to picture you lubing up

And yeah, I don't really like spraying flammable liquids on the engine areas. When the engine was still pretty hot last week I accidentally got some on my header when I was trying to spray the brake booster connection above it, it smoked, I was afraid a fire would erupt lol.

Just got back from tuning the idle and low RPM VE tables, so smooth and powerful now... at idle you can't even feel the car being on... so smooth.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #147
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Glad to hear you solved the problem! I've been following this thread since you started it.....its funny how you did all that other BS and it was something so easy Sounds like something i would do
Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #148
[ion] C2
636 whp

Well at least now I have all new ignition components and a heated O2 (always wanted one... my car hits closed loop in 15 seconds in 30 degree weather on cold start! lol)

Gonna stop by Midas tomorrow and tell 'em the lulzworthy news.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #149
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

well I guess i helped too