Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
oil pan gasket

why the heck is impossible to find one? everywhere including the dealership told me to use that silicone stuff... I say no. I had them search for cavaliers and grandams, nothing. the guy at napa said he though the ome ones were drying out and leaking (like mine) that why thy are so hard to find? rockauto s the only place I could find with them. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...&parttype=8612 well here they are if anyone else is looking for them. I ordered the OE style one. shipping was about $13.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
So you got one from our friends at Rock.

Why you bitchin?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, use a gasket whenever possible. Unless you have what you know is a warp in your oil pan, then you will want to use the GM Engine Sealant to do the job
Old 01-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
So you got one from our friends at Rock.

Why you bitchin?
because it was hard to find so it took extra time, and I had to pay shipping, and now I have to wait for it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Yea, use a gasket whenever possible. Unless you have what you know is a warp in your oil pan, then you will want to use the GM Engine Sealant to do the job

ya, I was going to find one. Im not a fan of that sealant crap. I figured since im not changing my oil I might as well post it so other people can find it in the future.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
(Different car I know)

I'm looking on gettingh a girdle rear end cover on my Delta and the instructions say to NOT use a gasket, just a bead of RTV on the inside of the bolt holes. They say the use of a gasket will hurt the deflection of the carrier that this thing is going to prevent

It's the ONLY money I'm putting in the the 7.5 rear end

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
TdotAlero
GL Member

TdotAlero is on a distinguished road
Have fun replacing it once it arrives
TdotAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
yeah i heard you either have to pull the motor or drop the cradle cause you cant just drop it down.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:07 AM   #8
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

O.o ... As I understand It's a simple drain, unbolt, clean, rebolt. Haynes manual didn't say anything about that stuff nor did any of the how 2 thing I ran across on the web. Are you guys thinking trans fluid? I know it's supposed to be a pain to try and service.
Ps sleepy, I'm diggin the sig
Old 01-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
O.o ... As I understand It's a simple drain, unbolt, clean, rebolt. Haynes manual didn't say anything about that stuff nor did any of the how 2 thing I ran across on the web. Are you guys thinking trans fluid? I know it's supposed to be a pain to try and service.
Ps sleepy, I'm diggin the sig

haha thanks so do i but i think i asked on here too and i believe it was redog who told me that. ill try to find the thread...

dang it i just noticed you have the 4 cyl. but yeah it might be simple and different but incase its not heres the thread lol. for mine i have to lift the motor up so basically pulling it. idk how yours is but my mistake if its simpler then mine

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...oil+pan+gasket
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 01-18-2012 at 01:30 AM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Nope. Mine is a simple, remove 12 bolts, and the pan is in your hands.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Would be cool if it is that easy to take it out.

On the 2.4L, it's a VERY tight squeeze and you have to have the perfect angle to get that pan out from under the car..
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Use an engine hanger like this http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...s/LIS58000.jpg. Then drop the subframe a bit and out comes the oil pan.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote