Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 07-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #321
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
you should be okay, only way to tell is if you wash your car, water will get inside... (happened to me) and only other way is if you drive in decently cold weather when you park, check to see if there is condensation in the headlight (also happened to me)
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #322
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
I did check them by spraying them with the hose there isn't any leaks, also took what I did pull out of the lenses heated it up and put it where there wasn't any silicone showing

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #323
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
well good, glad theres no leaks
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #324
i4g3t
GX Member

i4g3t is on a distinguished road
anyone ever have a problem with the po-po about not having relectors? i had this issue with my tinted tails on my truck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg no brakes.jpg (31.0 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg truck painted.jpg (114.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg truck decals.jpg (109.0 KB, 63 views)
i4g3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #325
sleepyalero
GLS member

uhh.. this isnt a thread for your truck. this is about clear corner headlights..

to answer your question, me no. only some states care. my town honestly doesnt give two shts whats i do to my car.

why all those stickers? its not a drift car.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #326
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
X2 sleepy, and what is the point of showing off your ugly truck from the front and posting pictures of your stickers?
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #327
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
I4G3t - Technically, you should be ticketed every time a traffic police officer sees the truck - yes, it's illegal.

Why you'd want to drive a truck I couldn't see at night or in the rain when I'm coming up behind you I don't know. And if it's a show truck, why do the police officers see you on the street with it?

But eh. Glad you're not here. I passed enough idiots who converted their vehicles into scrap metal YESTERDAY during the freezing rain.

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #328
i4g3t
GX Member

i4g3t is on a distinguished road
There tinted but with the led bulbs there still brighter then the factory bulbs. My question was refering to removing the reflector from the light housing. The stickers I made myself since I own a small vinyl business. And it is in the process of being made into a drift truck. My friend started d-day drift invasion. I started out just hauling the tires and tools and helping in the pits, he's helping making a custom lowing kit that's going to widen the truck. He's also the one that's going to help make turbo kit for the alero. Sorry I was trying to keep my car legal.
i4g3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #329
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Removing the reflection is also illegal by DOT standards - specifically, see the "reflex reflector" requirements at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...px?reg=571.108 .

If it's not red back there, it's also illegal - see that same page.

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote