Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 07-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
projectalero

What happened?!

I went to the track last night and was greatly disappointed with my car. I made four passes and did terrible. It didnt help that i was sleeping at the tree most of the night, not to mention got frustrated with the times i was running.
1st pass--- against 01 Trans am 17.4 with .577 R/T
2nd pass--- against skyline R32 17.3 with .368 R/T
3rd pass--- against 92 Lightning 17.6 with .451 R/T
4th pass--- against 00 Accord 17.7 with .666 R/T

Can somebody tell me whats going on? Has anyone else been that slow with a V6 Alero?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
somethin's not right for sure if thats for a v6...even a 2.4 auto runs quicker then that...

what were the temps? what elevation are you?(location) what was in the car?(jack, spare, seats etc) how much fuel in the tank?

thats alot of variables...
Old 07-29-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
you do realize that the gas pedal is the one on the RIGHT side, yes?

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack
you do realize that the gas pedal is the one on the RIGHT side, yes?

lol, i bet you that was the problem
Old 07-29-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
projectalero

Yes, blackjack, i have always realized the gas pedal is the one on the right side...the long skinny one? I dont know about the elvevation, but im in orlando. The temp was in the mid to high 80's. The reason i am so concerned is that cars i used to beat or be close to are now beating me. Not only that i ran the car a little over a year ago when it was 93F outside and it ran 15.8.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
was it really humid? do you have new rims or anything?

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
projectalero

Is is normal for a V6 alero to only make it to the end of 2nd in the 1/4 mile? I went through the traps at 80.26mph@ 5700 rpm in 2nd
Old 07-29-2006, 02:25 PM   #8
projectalero

All i have is aftermarket 15 inch wheels(came with the car when i bought it) and a cold air intake. It was humid, but i dont know about relative humidity and things like that.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
that is pretty bad. you SHOULD be 1.5 to 2 seconds faster. I don't know how the transmission is geared up on a V6, but I'm hitting the end of second on my 2.4 at the end of the 1/8 mile track with times in the high 10's @ 65mph. (Eric has a V6 and he was hitting 70mph in the low 10's, don't know which auto-gear he was in though.)

my guess, if it's not humidity or something making your car heavy (like all the extra stuff in the trunk), is that you either:
-didn't punch the gas as hard as possible, thus causing slower shifting
-have a dirty engine and could use a change in some fluids
-combination of all the above factors (humidity, heavy, dirty, and light on the gas)
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #10
projectalero

i hit the gas as hard as i could. It was humid but not really that bad. The car was empty except for a case of water in the trunk. Sure the car is dirty and needs to be washed and waxed but thats not gonna slow it down that bad. I just changed the oil wednesday(mobil 10w30) I dont know about the transmission fluid. It has no dipstick. I do have a check engine light on with a DTC P1403. I didnt get an exact definition of the code but a shop foreman at the local chevy dealership said it was a emissions code(either O2 or EGR were most likely problems). Will that slow the car down that much from its previous time of 15.8?

I will post the 1/8 mile time and MPH later today
Old 07-29-2006, 05:11 PM   #11
burg03

probally if it were me I would even run at the track with a check engine light on
Old 07-29-2006, 05:18 PM   #12
Frostbite545
GL Member

Frostbite545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite545
I have a V6 with a CAI, and I make it to about 88 mph at around 15.65 seconds every run, with the temps at about 60-70 degrees. You should def. be coming over the finish in 3rd gear. My suggestion, get that engine light checked out, theres probably something wrong with ur car.
- General Exclaim UHP Tires
- 2 1/2" Pacesetter Exhaust
- S&S Headers
Frostbite545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:19 PM   #13
projectalero

good point burg, but i just wanted to see if i got any gain timewise out of my new intake. I guess it was a bad idea.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #14
projectalero

frostbite, I have looked into getting the car checked out. I only run into one problem. Well, lets call it two problems: Im a broke college kid with no money and Im a stupid kid that wont keep the foot off the floor. But i will be looking into fixing my car, whatever the problem may be.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #15
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectalero
I do have a check engine light on with a DTC P1403. I didnt get an exact definition of the code but a shop foreman at the local chevy dealership said it was a emissions code(either O2 or EGR were most likely problems). Will that slow the car down that much from its previous time of 15.8?

YES........ and this effin minimum charachture bullshit is annoying

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #16
projectalero

sorry sweet....i just dont care to type out Diagnostic Trouble Code or Exhasust Gas Recirculation, but sorry for the inconvenience. I was just trying to keep from lookin like a bigger idiot than i already have by misspelling everything. Hooked on phonix didnt work for me.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:46 PM   #17
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
BTW: i didn't mean dirty car, I mean dirty engine, as in "the insides". changing oil and other typical routine maintenace shit.

BUT you didn't say you had dummy lights on. they light up for a reason. get em checked out.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:46 PM   #18
projectalero

Oh i almost forgot the mention the Oxygen Sensor, but everyone here knows what O2 is. Once again sorry sweet
Old 07-29-2006, 06:38 PM   #19
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
projectalero......... i wasnt refering to your post about minimum characters...... i was refering to the website. cause i just wanted to simply reply to your post with "YES" but you can make a post that short

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #20
projectalero

sorry sweet. I didnt know thats what was goin on. Please forgive me