Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 07-29-2006, 08:43 PM   #21
acold7dusta

geez why dont you grab ur ankles even harder?
Old 07-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #22
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectalero
sorry sweet. I didnt know thats what was goin on. Please forgive me

forgiveness comes in the form of a iced buttcheek

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:40 PM   #23
Orion

Id get a full tune up of your car and ask them to look over a few things. Honestly you could have a bad sparkplug or you could be running on like 5 cylinders or something.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:25 AM   #24
projectalero

gee...seems some guys are mad cuz i was being a wiseass. I was just jokin around guys, dont be mad. Its just a misunderstanding on my part
Old 07-30-2006, 02:48 AM   #25
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
how many miles on your car?

many factor could be the problem
for one the temp was hot
being orlando it was probably humid
did you add any extra weight to the car like system or did you put on weight?
maybe engine is getting weak or needs a tune up
Old 07-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #26
Orion

I agree with Oldsman
Old 07-30-2006, 10:33 AM   #27
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
if i remember right, code p1403 is your catalytic converter, i had mine go bad but it was like 2 or 3 years ago
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:56 AM   #28
projectalero

my car has 75k miles on it. I am thinking about changing the converter and both O2 sensors, maybe even the EGR valve if i dont just clean it. Number1alero, I have heard about the catalytic converter causing similar problems.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #29
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
how much gas did you have? Did you dump out the jack and spare? Case of water in the trunk, bad idea.

Best r/t being .368, your sleeping on the tree.

EGR vavle problem is a big problem, shouldn't race with that not functioning right

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #30
projectalero

yes redog, i learned that the hard way. The EGR was my first thought. Im not really sure. No i didnt take out the spare and jack etc. I didnt even know i was going to the track until i left school at about 4:30. I went straight from school to the apartment to change and hauled it to the track so i didnt have time to drop everything out the car. The car had just under half a tank in it.
I know i was sleeping at the tree, after that second run i was just frustrated with the car and it showed in my driving. I didnt concentrate on the tree as much, which cost me.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #31
projectalero

Is it very effective to just clean the EGR valve and put it back on, or should I go ahead and replace it? Like i said before, im a broke college kid and need to save any money i can.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:53 PM   #32
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
If you do it yourself, just change it out, they shouldn't be too expensive

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:07 PM   #33
projectalero

its not too bad, depending on part number. I went around checking prices yesterday and Advanced quoted me $167 so i went to Pepboys and they said it depends on which part number i have. It can be as low as $64 all the way to $95, but i was thinking about replacing it anyway just to be sure it gets fixed
Old 07-31-2006, 05:34 PM   #34
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
just get a little metal plate and block it off then get it programmed out, you don't need it......
Old 08-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #35
projectalero

kwhawk, i like your thinking. I was just on MMS earlier and saw that plate you are talking about. I was thinking about doing that and getting their basic PCM then replace the O2 sensors and catalytic converter.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:13 PM   #36
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess this is a little late to add in but i have a v6 and the day i went to the track i had a half a tank of gas and a 60 pound sub box in the back and i still ran 15.9s.
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:37 PM   #37
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
i think your MAF is on backwards.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #38
projectalero

come to find out you are right jackal. My dumbass didnt pay attention when i was installing the intake and put the MAF on backwards. Its fixed now and runs alot better. I was finally reminded of what it sounded like when a tire spins!! Im so happy now. Soon i will be going to the track and ill post up times.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #39
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
hhahaha im sorry, i just thought that it was funny that you put it on backwards.....
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #40
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
??!!?? ouch.....that must have sucked.....more on times though, when I ran 16.3, I had the jack, spare, a toolbox, all the interior installed, plus some extra shit in the car, and was at around 4,000 feet. But, then again, I was out to find out what it would run baseline in full street trim before adding the goodies on.

MAF on backwards....heh...simple things can always ruin your day

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote