Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 12-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #21
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectalero View Post
I like the comment about the vette. Im pretty sure my car would smoke a vette....after another chunk of $$$ is added.

add one more $ sign to that.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #22
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
i've driven a tc automatic, and it was faster than my stock alero, or with a cai.

uhm yeh, me too. im unimpressed.. it was cute with nice options, and you CANT beat the stuff u get for the money.. but it was hilarious cuz the sales guy was like "be careful, its a little quick." Bulllllsshiiittt!! lmao.
Alero > tC in speed.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #23
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
the sales guy was like "be careful, its a little quick."

The last time a salesman said "be careful, it's quick" was when I was test driving a brand new Grand National T-Type, and he wasn't bullshitting !!

Nothing else factory new has impressed me since.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #24
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
last time a sales person said anything like that to me I was looking at a Mustang Cobra, the sales guy said be careful when you punch it or it will suck your balls up under the seat
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:06 AM   #25
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
The last time a salesman said "be careful, it's quick" was when I was test driving a brand new Grand National T-Type, and he wasn't bullshitting !!

06 Z06 doesnt impress you? Or even an 03/04 Cobra?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 AM   #26
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

no, sorry. They're ok, but not impressive.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #27
HazMatt24
GLS member

BJ isn't impressed unless you can actually feel the skin on your face begin to crack from the g force
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
Old 12-05-2006, 10:46 AM   #28
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

well, considering I've been up in F-15's before, it's hard to replicate that feeling on the ground. Oh and speaking of g force.

I know the gtech isn't the beat-all-end-all on performance measurements, but I hit .52g (acceleration, not braking, smart ass ) on it when I wasn't really thinking about it and it was just on. I'd like to borrow that gtech again and intentionally try for a top G rating to see how hard the car pulls. .52 isn't that great, but for a street driven Alero that wasn't even trying, I wouldn't say it was all that bad.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #29
HazMatt24
GLS member

[quote=BlackJack;240368]well, considering I've been up in F-15's before, it's hard to replicate that feeling on the ground.QUOTE]

Roger that Ghost Rider
Old 12-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #30
joealmighty13
GX Member

joealmighty13 is on a distinguished road
come on bj, u cant compare an F-15 to a car. how can u not be impressed with a z06? No it isnt a fighter aircraft with 2 P&W F100 Turbofan engines, but car wise 7.0L v8 with 505HP is pretty nice.
joealmighty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #31
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
egh ... BJ and me got something in common ... his is a F-15 mine is a F-16 ... the only problem with mine is its one engine and it becomes a lawn dart with out it ...

*now back to the regularly scheduled program*
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #32
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
/\ its a damn sexy lookin lawn dart though.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:52 AM   #33
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joealmighty13 View Post
come on bj, u cant compare an F-15 to a car. how can u not be impressed with a z06? No it isnt a fighter aircraft with 2 P&W F100 Turbofan engines, but car wise 7.0L v8 with 505HP is pretty nice.

Well, I look at it this way. It's not raw HP that impresses me. It's HP/$

In my opinion, the vette, viper, etc. are way overpriced for the HP you get with it.

When I can buy a nearly-new $12,000 Alero and put less than $5k into it and blow away most high end V8's that cost $40k or more, that's more impressive to me. Besides, if the Z06 is only 500hp or so, they're gonna hate life pretty soon. Only thing stopping me from laying out 600+ HP right now is a transmission that's only rated for 260 ft/lbs of torque

On the down-side, I'm not big-dog on the block anymore. A new guy just moved to town from Michigan with an 11-second GTP. That's ok though, I'm just a transmission away from handing him his ass too. But in the mean time, we're discussing getting together to start a GM FWD race team.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:57 AM   #34
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Those were great cars weren't they. How old are you anyway? Most of these kids were in diapers when they were built. My friend had purchased one new and I think he had a perpetual woodie ever since.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:00 AM   #35
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

yeah, nothing like a t-type to cause perma-wood.

lets see, those ran from like 1985-1987 IIRC.

So, that would have put me at about 19 years old.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:07 AM   #36
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Dam your almost as old as dirt also.

I still tell people I was born 10 years to late to have really enjoyed the "Muscle Car" era to its fullest.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:10 AM   #37
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

hey, I might have been 10 years late, but didn't miss it. I did sport a '67 stingray, and a '70 superbee (440/6pack) at one point.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:36 AM   #38
Oldsnut

Those are some nice rides.

Gawddddd, I want to be a kid again and buy all those "Muscle Cars" brand new.

I have been an Olds guy my whole life but could really get some wood from an AAR Cuda or Torino 429 Super Cobra Jet.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:59 AM   #39
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
BlackJack - You must've test drove a (rarer?) Regal T-Type Turbo. The Grand National never had any other designation with it aside from the GNX in '87. The Regal T-Type Turbo was nearly the same car available from '78-'87.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #40
DanthraX

all this bench racing is really weak.