Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 12-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #41
Coldfire
GL Member

Coldfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
hey, I might have been 10 years late, but didn't miss it. I did sport a '67 stingray, and a '70 superbee (440/6pack) at one point.

My best friend's dad owns a '69 superbee (also with the six pack) and it is a pretty sweet ride!

My dad has some pretty cool old cars but they're from the pre muscle era (late '50's early '60's) so they're mostly cruisers not screamers
Coldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #42
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
BlackJack - You must've test drove a (rarer?) Regal T-Type Turbo. The Grand National never had any other designation with it aside from the GNX in '87. The Regal T-Type Turbo was nearly the same car available from '78-'87.

sorry man, but we're talking nearly 20 years ago. My memory isn't so hot anymore. However, I CAN remember, it was the last year they were made, and the fastest one yet, and I made the salesman nearly pee himself when we left the first stoplight.

Also, the Regal was just T-Type without the extra "Turbo" at the end. (T stands for turbo).

Thanks for clearing up my error on the GN "t-type" though.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #43
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Alzheimers hittin you to BJ?

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #44
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
what are you talking about? wait, who are you again?

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:48 AM   #45
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Also, the Regal was just T-Type without the extra "Turbo" at the end. (T stands for turbo).

I didn't know that all the Regal T-Types were turbo. There were plenty (all?) of the other buicks with the T-Type option which were never available with a turbo in that time except the SkyHawk. There were also Regals with the turbo option, yet not the T-Type package. The first Grand National also were not all turbocharged (and is pretty rare!)
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 PM   #46
Jferg2223
GL Member

Jferg2223 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The last time a salesman said "be careful, it's quick" was when I was test driving a brand new Grand National T-Type, and he wasn't bullshitting !!

Nothing else factory new has impressed me since.

WOW sorry to bring an older thread up but yeah my dad sold his T-Type two weeks before i got my license because he didnt want me driving it, still my favorite car ever but yeah he locked up several turbos on a 70,000 mile engine turbo quality wise could have been better but I WILL OWN ONE!
and i thought all grand nationals from 83 to 87 were turboed but no the regals were majority v8
MSD Coils - NGK Iridium Plugs - Taylor Wires - 62mm RSM Throttle Body - DHP PCM- 180 Stat - TPS Enhancer - Custom 3" CAI - Thunderbolt Spin Cat no resonator - Dynomax Dual exhaust w/ Borla Tips- Cleared Corners/Black Bezels
Jferg2223 is offline   Reply With Quote