Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 05-26-2007, 06:15 AM   #61
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
um... the 2.4L jbody tranny mounts will go into the front and rear n-body manual transmission mounts... I just did it... do you guys need a pic or something? The only difference is the lil wrist pin needs to be shaved down slightly to fit on the bracke the mount bolts onto.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #62
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
um... the 2.4L jbody tranny mounts will go into the front and rear n-body manual transmission mounts... I just did it... do you guys need a pic or something? The only difference is the lil wrist pin needs to be shaved down slightly to fit on the bracke the mount bolts onto.
I am talking about the auto. I know that there are some differences in transmissions so I would like to see pics.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #63
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
Im going to experiment tonight in making my own poly mounts. Ill post pics and let you guys know how it goes..... lol i think it should work... but we will see... i already plan on buying new ones but if this works... ill have home made mounts that will work

wish me lots of luck...... ill need it HAHA

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #64
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
on a n-body with a 2.4 auto the only mount that works is the tranny mount for the 3400..............period. god i get so tired of saying that over and over again.

you can try filling your tranny mount with poly and it will work but not as good over time.

we just had a thread about this. don't anyone click search or look at what the other topics are.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:52 AM   #65
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
I have some urethane casting compound just chilling here to use for that exact purpose of filling mounts. It usually works quite well.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:15 AM   #66
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
yeah... well im going to see how this does... a few of my mounts were pretty bad when we pulled it out... so im going to see how long this works till i end up replacing them.... hopefully i can find something better if this doesnt do as well..... so far they are looking good.... wish they were red... but all black

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

Old 05-28-2007, 02:31 AM   #67
Headstrong2740
GL Member

so far i have done two mounts.. one has cured pretty well and seems like it will hold up pretty well and work. The real test will be once the car is back together. Im only doing three of the four mounts. Ill be paying close attention to them for a while to see how they hold up. I guess if this works i can let you guys know how to make them

God... im a guinie pig for you guys .... hope your happy LOL

Old 05-30-2007, 07:52 PM   #68
Headstrong2740
GL Member

ok ran into a problem..... and i need a quick answer... i tried searching... prolly missed it.... but my exhaust manifold is not right.. (SH*T!!) so anyone know a good place to get the turbo exhaust manifold with the T3/T4 flange??? I will be needing this pretty soon or any ideas who might be able to make one for me. Ill try some of the speed shops here... but i dont know if they will be able to help. Any help would be nice..... search button was not much help but i might have missed something

Old 05-31-2007, 01:53 AM   #69
spyhunter
GL Member

what do you mean something is wrong w/ your turbo manifold? Search online for a T3 flange, and go to a welding shop, and have them lop off the old one in replace of the new one.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #70
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
what do you mean something is wrong w/ your turbo manifold? Search online for a T3 flange, and go to a welding shop, and have them lop off the old one in replace of the new one.

lol the t3 flange is right... the flange that sits up against the head itself is wrong.... and the welding job on this manifold... is crap.... im triing some of the speed shops to see if they can do anything for me. rigth now im also searching all over online, through the search button, and through the jbody forums to see if anyone mentions where they got their manifold for the 2.4l
also im triiing to find a Walbro 255 fuel pump that i can use for the alero as well. So far all i have found was a universal one... but not sure if i want to go that route

Old 05-31-2007, 03:42 PM   #71
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
where did you get your manifold?

sometimes check the j-body clasifieds for manifolds.

far as walbro, i know there is not an actual one for the alero but one of gm ones from their site will work.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #72
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Manifold: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...QQcmdZViewItem

For the Walbro, you can use a universal inline pump or go look over at jbody.org for the intank Walbros they're using. The Alero pump is the same as the Cavalier pump.

Last edited by Spilner521 : 06-01-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #73
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Manifold: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...QQcmdZViewItem

For the Walbro, you can use a universal inline pump or go look over at jbody.org for the intank Walbros they're using. The Alero pump is the same as the Cavalier pump.

i already had the pump in hand when you posted this one... haha sorry kinda happened on the pump.... the speed shop here (REVhard) is kinda friends with my buddy and they ordered me one over night so when i showed up to talk about the injectors.. it was there waiting for me didnt know they were doing that for me... so worked out nice
Any of you guys that are local.... they got their Dyno in... and it is pretty nice... so... yeah... i want to see more GM there... they do alot with the DSM vehicles but they do alot with the Fords as well as others.... you should see some of their projects cars... wild shit!

Old 06-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #74
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Thumbs up Update!!!

Ok update for you guys.... after waiting a long ass time for my pistons they showed up last friday and i turned them over to the speed shop who is now doing the block work and blue printing and balancing my crank. ALL OF IT WILL BE DONE TONIGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING!!!!

Once i get it back the motor will go back together pretty quickly. Im not leaving for atlanta till friday afternoonish so all day thursday and most of the night ill be putting it back together. Once i return ill finish what i need to before i drop it back in the car. Once i start dropping it in.. ill work on the pipe work and the fuel pump. Then ill be doing a tune where i can atleast to break it in and get it to the speed shop and throw it on the dyno and tune it much better on there. While im driving it for the break in period ill keep adjusting my tune since im sure ill prolly notice things while im driving it around more.

Now... here is where you guys come in. Should i run any different anti-freeze, oil, spark plugs? I remeber seeing some one say something about NGK plugs but i dont i remember what number they said. Ill look around again and see what i can find. Also the tranny is getting flushed and all new fluid.

Once the car is done i want to see if i can get the local guys from the area and who ever else wants to to come down for a weekend to the drag track here (Cordova) and do some runs together and hang out. Granted this will be towards the end of the summer mind you... i want to break it in well and get the tune down. Plus i need to see if its open on the weekends for open runs or what.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #75
spyhunter
GL Member

just run whatever has been in there, the gm shit for coolant... oil run regular 5w30 until about 1000-1500 miles.. it'll scrub off any leftover metal in the car.

I've always been in the habit on a fresh motor to change the oil at 50, 100, 500, 1000, 1500 miles

after that a nice synthetic is always lovely like redline or mobil1 or royal purple...

spark plugs on a boosted motor NGK TR6's work wonders.