jordan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad99Olds View Post
except it was a supercharger, and he installed it himself. jackass

oh the boyfriend speaks again!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #42
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post
you moron. the fix wasnt from the newest GM software. its just because it was reflashed that fixed the problem. you are not reading into this properly.
You moron. The fix is not from a stock reflash. The only thing they could've done is adjust your idle VE tables and such via aftermarket tuning but I highly doubt they would ever even try to do that, as the PCM does not change values at random causing high and erratic idle issues. You never tune around a problem, you fix the mechanical issue and then tune to maximize the performance from it.

A simple GM Tech is not going to know how to do that either. Hell, they had issues figuring out how to flash the supercharger tune on my vehicle, something that should take no more than 5 minutes. You act as if those that work at the Stealership know what they're doing and always tell you the truth on what they did. I guarantee when they saw you, and your lack of knowledge on even a basic understanding of your vehicle's issues, they went ahead and performed their simple fix and fed you some epic bullshit so you have no issue paying them.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #43
jordan
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
You moron. The fix is not from a stock reflash. The only thing they could've done is adjust your idle VE tables and such via aftermarket tuning but I highly doubt they would ever even try to do that, as the PCM does not change values at random causing high and erratic idle issues. You never tune around a problem, you fix the mechanical issue and then tune to maximize the performance from it.

A simple GM Tech is not going to know how to do that either. Hell, they had issues figuring out how to flash the supercharger tune on my vehicle, something that should take no more than 5 minutes.

if you knew how to do it then why was the GM tech working on your car?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #44
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
hahahaha bf? yea ok. u caught us. chris and i are two big flaming homos together. or, alternate hypothesis, we both know ur full of crap. and your a douche. yep im gonna go with that one. u seem a bit homophobic.. still trapped in the closet? come out, youll feel a lot better.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #45
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
if you knew how to do it then why was the GM tech working on your car?
I didn't have HPTuners at the time; you need a program and connector in order to send data through the OBDII port.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #46
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
Jordan you don't want me to comment.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #47
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

i want you to. lol
Old 10-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #48
super white alero1

My opinion of the cause or my opinion on this thread?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #49
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

the later, simply because its going to be more entertaining
Old 10-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #50
jordan
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by super white alero1 View Post
Jordan you don't want me to comment.

who cares what you have to say, i have a life and im done answering your crap. you can keep responding if u want but seriously man get a life.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #51
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

you must have a busy schedule being constanly wrong and being a constant douche, good thing u can get that all out of your system here,
Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #52
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
and wow...you named a brand name and model number of a fuel injector.
Woops, missed this part, I was too busy laughing multiple times out loud at your accusal of me having my TURBO put on by SOMEONE ELSE.

That wasn't a "brand name" and "model number" of a fuel injector, dumbass. LSJ is the engine code of the 2.0L supercharged engine in the Cobalt SS/SC and Ion Redline. 378cc is the measurement of fuel flow in cubic centimeters per minute.

Keep it coming, everyone who reads this thread is laughing at your sad attempts.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #53
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
LoL

Talk about someone that is high temper! I was reading this whole tread. And basically, all Ion was telling you is that maybe the Dealership told you they reflashed the PCM. Hell Maybe the guy who gave you your reciepe at the counter doesnt really know shit about mecanic. In reality, maybe the real Mech changed a sensor, or fixed a vaccum or something and the guy at the counter didnt know.

Ion is right, I've been 3 times at the dealership telling them what to do on my car when I installed my supercharger kit and they kept failing. I HAD TO effING CALL THEIR OWN DEALER TECHLINE FOR THEM (and generally you dont have the right to do that) AND ASK THE GUY IN A LANGUAGE THAT IS NOT MINE TO TELL THE DEALERSHIP PPL WHAT TO DO!!!! So when saying that the dealership should know what they are doing, pls experiment more and dont act like you know something when clearly you dont have a clue.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis

Last edited by Vinalero : 10-06-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #54
super white alero1

I lmao @ this thread, everyone was giving advice to what the cause could be. An engine surge is generally caused by unmetered air into the engine. Other causes could be a partial clog in one of the injector, IACV could attribute to this due to excessive carbon buildup in the intake from a bad or leaky PCV valve. The TPS does not control any, it’s a sensor that sends a resistance signal to the PCM to identify the position of throttle plate.

A little FYI Bulletin Number: 03-06-04-030F published by GM covers a similar case (partially clogged injector). Also Bulletin Number 02-06-04-009 address a cold start stumble causes by low coolant temperature. Did you know low coolant in the engine can also cause surging? If the temperature between the engine and air is in excess of over 200* the computer will rich out the mixture to prevent a knock (ie Toyotas and Honda -Fail-safe to prevent leaning the engine) and trip MIL. A faulty oxygen sensor can also trigger a surge (ie. Ford Mustang GT) because it determine the amount of oxygen to Hydrocarbon in the exhaust , sends the signals to the Pcm so the PCM sends the signal for duration of the injector opening.

Quote:
The reason being is because the computer wasnt properly telling the TPS to open at the proper amount. instead it was telling the TPS to idle at 3% which it should be at 1% open. so a reflash (reprogram) of the PCM fixed the problem. There....you just learned something.
The PCM does nothing with the TPS, its the other way around, the TPS sends signal to the PCM. The TPS is used for several function, to determine load on engine and gearing transmission downshifts.
Quote:
Ya so update! Car's PCM was reflashed a second time and this time at the GM dealer only for $80 and problem with idle totally fixed. driving it for 3 weeks and no problems! so stuff your "LOL"s Turns out the PCM problem can cause the idle problem.

Sound like they did this bulletin for you.
Quote:
02-06-04-009 Some owners may comment on a hesitation or stumble on throttle applications after a cold start at temperatures below approximately 50°F (10°C). This condition will not occur after the vehicle has warmed up and has been operating in closed loop. No PCM diagnostic trouble codes will be stored and no MIL will illuminate.
Cause
In some instances, the PCM fueling strategy may not be optimized during throttle application conditions at low coolant temperatures.
Correction
Reprogram the vehicle PCM with new calibration software.
Calibration Information
The Calibrations are electronic calibrations and are not available from GMSPO. For 1999, 2000, and 2001 model year vehicles, calibrations are currently available from Techline using the Service Programming System (SPS). After entering the VIN for the vehicle to be reprogrammed, use the calibration identified as "New Calibration to Address Cold Hesitation Problem" on 1999 and 2000 vehicles. On 2001 models, the calibration to correct the cold hesitation is included in the "New Cal to Correct False Setting of DTC P0441".
Important : Model Year 2000 vehicles with this concern may also be subject to USA and IPC Customer Satisfaction Campaign # 01028B - Generator Low Voltage Indicator Light PCM Reflash or Canada CMVSS Non-Compliance Campaign # 01029B - Generator Low Voltage Indicator Light PCM Reflash. The calibrations released for the hesitation concern also incorporate the calibrations for Campaigns # 010288 and # 010298. Because these 2000 model year vehicles with 2.4L LD9 engines may need to be reflashed twice, it is important to manage the situation in such a way as to maximize customer satisfaction while minimizing customer inconvenience.

So they charged you $80.00 for their time. They must be really cheap because every single dealership around here charges $110.00 + per hour. A diagnostic takes 0.8 hours, performance test 1.6 hour a reprogramming takes 0.6 hours, a retest take 0.2 hours totaling about 3.2 hours, this not including supplies needed to keep your car clean. You truly think they only billed you $80.00 for all that?
Quote:
who cares what you have to say, i have a life and im done answering your crap. you can keep responding if u want but seriously man get a life.
I only comment to help not to piss on you, but it seems you want to be pissed on.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #55
[ion] C2
636 whp

Old 10-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #56
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
jordan, get the hell off the forums.
want a picture of my g/f too, to show im not c2/bad99olds' b/f?
seriously, if you mess with the wrong people on the forum (i'm one of them after i watch u insult so many people) dont expect to be taken seriously. Go eff yourself.
Troll.

and btw....
www.ion-productions.com/ibtl.gif
Old 10-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #57
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101

None the less.

Quote:
is there something in the water that makes all canadians so freaking stupid, or are u a special case? did ur mother huff paint during her pregnancy?

It's not the water. I'm a noob, but I'm not half as stupid as this douchebag.

This thread is kinda making me sick. haha
Old 10-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #58
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
wow this is definately the funniest thing i've seen all day. jordan, you're an idiot. you only have one thing partway right. yes there are pcm updates, 2 of them. but neither of them are anything near serious i don't even remember what they are for. C2 knows TONS more than you could ever fit in ur little mind and is a lot more respected on here than u. ur wrong, everyone else so far is right on. get over it.

btw, the only thing dealers can do is put on the stock flash or the supercharger flash. There is absolutely no custom tuning options avalible on an alero. i've hooked up the laptop to mine and played around one day when i was bored at work.

Last edited by jayson_waltz : 10-06-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:56 AM   #59
sburke
GL Member

sburke is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a loose star bolt on my TPS when I switched over to the 2.3l HO manifold and throttle body that caused my engine to idle high, tightened the star bolt, and the problem went away.

Just my two cents, hopefully it helps and if this conflicts with what ION is saying, then who knows maybe it was just some freak thing and I got lucky.

Jordan - FYI you should listen to ION. He knows what he's talking about and he was just trying to help. He may be young but he knows more than me and I've owned two aleros now (first one was a 3.4l though) over the course of the past 9 years. Be a man, apologize for being an @$$ and next time you need help and start asking questions he might actually considering helping you and save you a crap load of time and money.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #60
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
JORDAN IS A N00B! ion knows more in his hair than you know in your enitre family!

screw off and GTFO off these forums! you obvously dont know wtf you are talking about, you are just here to make someone's day a misery, screw you and GTFO!

if you think that you can come on here and diss us? youll be banned faster than a hooker on main street!