Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 11-23-2003, 11:37 AM   #21
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
oh no...all you bashing the SRT-4's...i like em'...i think they are hot looking and you can buy a lot of aftermarket crap for em'. I almost joined in with my g/f to buy one. It was between the SRT-4 and the new Stratus. I was all happy and poop...figured I could mod out a new car and she comes over to my house after work one night and descides we don't need to spend money on another car when we both already have a really good one that works. She has a prix and you all obviously know what i have.. Blew my week right out the window.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:42 AM   #22
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i like the SRT-4. i think it looks good and the exhaust sounds sweet. the interior could be better but you aren't buying a $30,000 car here.

215 hp, 13.9 @ 101 in the 1/4. the GTO is what350hp, 13.2-13.6 @ 104. So not far behind the new GTO and for $14,000 less.

For the performance and under $20,000 you can't beat it.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:09 PM   #23
Alerosince99

Thought the 2004 got a power increase to 240hp stock? Either way I wouldnt mind owning one in the least!
Old 11-23-2003, 06:47 PM   #24
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
last i saw was 215 and that was in the latest issue of autoweek i think. I know that back when the SRT-4 came out, sport compact did a dyno on it and it produced 215hp to the wheels.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:15 PM   #25
3.4Alero

/\ /\ Yea, a lot of car magazines said that Dodge GROSSLY underestimated HP of the SRT-4. So they probably didn't actually do anything to it for 2004, just reported what it was actually making!
Old 11-23-2003, 07:27 PM   #26
Alerosince99

I know I read it somewhere. I was off it is actually 230 for 2004.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectc...10scc_projneon/
Old 11-23-2003, 10:56 PM   #27
crazykid

*points to the new alero, ex-neon owner* -> http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=414
Old 11-25-2003, 01:35 PM   #28
Final-Reality

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthAlero@Nov 22 2003, 08:43 PM
That's because SRT-4's are not neons :P
Uhm, so if you strap a turbo on an Alero, is it no longer an Alero? :rolleyes:

Anyways... yeah for the 2004 model the SRT-4 had no real changes to the engine but they reported its horsepower more realistically, also, often for turbocharged engines, power output can vary by like 10HP between cars, ESPECIALLY at the wheels, as things like air temperature (density) and type of dyno can change the output more so than on NA cars...
Old 11-29-2003, 03:00 PM   #29
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Good point anout adding a turbo, it is still a neon, badge or not, was attempting to buy one but dodge pissed me off. found my Alero and have been very happy since! A question, are neons our rival? or are we in a class all on our own? I'm running a 3.4 auto, and I mess with the V8 stangs and camaro's, it really gets to them when they can't just walk away from me, and they find out its still stock!! wait till I install the supercharger! and in the corners they cant touch me!
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:58 PM   #30
Alerosince99

srt-4s are really a sport compact which typically on the domestic side include cavy's, sunfires, focus, ect.

We probably would more likely be compared to camry's, accords. I think we are part of the midsize...whatever those definitions mean.

Personally I would group us against anything with a v6. <shrug>
Old 12-05-2003, 09:19 AM   #31
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
issed: A NEON BEAT YOU!!! All chrsyler cars and trucks suck ass. I hate Neons most of all. Something doesn't sound right about that.

I haven't seen a SRT yet but I beat a Turbo PT Cruiser and a Turbo Neon. I guess those guys wasted $30,000 hard earned dollars, but it serves them right for buying a poopy car.

Take a look at my web page and see exaclty what I think of all Chrsyler's cars. (this includes Mitsu, Eagle, and Jeep)

www.cardomain.com/id/evilredog

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:32 AM   #32
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
sorry to jack the tread but your car is awesome redog
Old 12-05-2003, 09:59 AM   #33
Alerosince99

Out of curiosity with all the mods you have listed you only ran a 15.86 1/4? or did this come before the mods?
Old 12-05-2003, 11:40 AM   #34
3.4Alero

The SRT-4 is NOT simply a Neon with a turbo strapped to it. They upgraded most of the internals, plus suspension, wheel / tire, transmission, and intake / exhaust upgrades. But I agree, it IS still a Neon, until you change the body and it no longer looks like a Neon.

I would take one if someone wanted to give me one, but I don't think I would buy one.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #35
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
No I ran 15.86 after the mods. I was a bit disappointed with that too.

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 12-05-2003, 08:05 PM   #36
Alerosince99

hmmm...you should be running low 15s with that setup.

Could of just been a bad day at the track.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:03 PM   #37
Redog
Aleromod part owner

:wah: I saw another Alero w/3.4liter the same day and he ran 15.3. My car is needes an alignment really bad. It started pulling about half way down. I just ordered new tires and I will be getting an alignment then.

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 12-11-2003, 09:20 PM   #38
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
you guys no nothing about neons or srt-4's to start with. neons are essentally the same as srt-4's but the the body and drive train is different. Dodge used the pt criuser motor the 2.4 liter with a mitsubishi turbo on it dodge has a long history of using mitubishi parts and cars and slapping the dodge badge on it. Like the mitsubishi 3000 gt is the same as dodge stealth but the stealth body was based on a intrepid concept. and the mitsubishi mirage early 90's dodge and chrylser and eagle all used that car with diferent names but same motor and ervything. but there is one difference between what they did this time than before dodge ran that same 2.4 liter turbo motor in all of the dodge avengers sent to mexico instead of the v6 which we got in america or the dinky 4 banger. plus the the srt-4 is commonly called the dodge neon srt-4. plus theres more dodge was actually rally racinf the dodge neon srt-4 in rally a year before anybody ever got to by one from show rooms. how ever much you hate them you are never going to find a more capable car for less than 20,000 dollars any where even japan.it is the second fastest dodge car ever biult next to the viper. and the 2004 version has 230 hp and 250 lb/ft of torque. an these are 0-60's top speed and quater miles from 2 magazines.

Car and Driver: 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, top speed 153 mph

Sport Compact Car: 5.8 seconds, quarter mile 14.2 seconds

not sure for what year this is 2004 or 03 but that is very fast for the price. :P
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 12:13 AM   #39
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Sorry but i'm down on dodge they seem to think their cars are gold plated, I looked at a srt4, before I purchased my Alero, and they wouldn't let me test drive one, and they tried to tell me it was gonna run me 21,995.00 when the sticker said 19,995.00 I asked the sales person why he added 2000.00 to the price, and he never gave me a real answer, so I nicely explained that me nor anybody in my family will ever buy a chrysler product again, and walked out, went down the street and purchased my Alero the next day! To hell with NEON srt4's.

Road and track had a tuner challenge, and the srt4 neon 2.4 turbo motor

BLEW UP !!!!!!!!
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 08:54 AM   #40
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
the reasin why they would not let you test drive it is because you are probably a young kid and they probably wanted to atleast now that you could afford the car my uncle is the sales manager of a dodge dealer and he would not even let me drive it. and did you ever think the car was goin to cost 22,000 dollars ever think of tax , title and reg
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote