Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 03-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
Lanojoe
GX Member

Lanojoe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanojoe
speed limiter !

How we can take the limiter of 110 mph away on ours L61 ?

http://lanodurango.monchar.com/

This is My Alero
Lanojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
You're an idiot.

There. I was the first one to say it. When you need to go past 108 MPH, you'll know how to remove it anyway.

BUT, in case you really want to be a dumbass on the roads, I'll help. It's done by recalibrating the computer and changing the various tables that state where the spark/fuel ramp out. Or you can disconnect your VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor). Your speedometer and various things won't work, but you'll be able to surpass the speed limiter.

You have to remember. The car was not built to handle speeds that high. You have to think of all of your equipment. Most tires aren't rated much past that speed. You don't want to hit a pothole or have a blowout going 120 MPH. The faster you go, the less time you have to react. The longer your stopping distances are. The more dangerous it is to execute maneuvers without losing control.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
man ion ur rackin up the points today lols but like he said it u reprogram it, its only worth it later down when you have alot of mods from wat i understand
Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
seriously, there's absolutely no need to remove the limiter. drag strips ain't long enough for our cars to accelerate to those kinds of speeds (on the average) and our cars can't handle the speed aerodynamically. one time I was drafting behind a 300ZX on the thruway going downhill..I managed to exceed the limiter, however my rpms were the same as the limiter's understood speed. (not really sure how to explain that) but the car gets really loose, even on straight roads at those speeds. You would need a front spoiler just to keep control.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #5
Misuseofyou
GL Member

Misuseofyou is on a distinguished road
This can all be found in a how-to btw.
Misuseofyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:49 AM   #6
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Even if you guys are right, thats still judgemental. Maybe OP lives in one of those desolate areas where its normal to drive 120 because you have the road all to yourself. Prolly not, but I was just giving the benefit of the doubt
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:59 AM   #7
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
i'll tell you one thing, my speed limiter was removed when I put that reflashed computer in my car.. and I knew one day I was going to have to try it out.

I was cruisin along at 65 - 70 mile an hour, enjoying the wind in my face, listening to music at a stupid volume.. monte carlo with a bodykit that was still primered went flying past me on the highway.. and he was haulin ass. So i tried to catch him.

obviously he was still governed because I caught up to him fast, and I was doing 110 miles per hour when i pulled up next to him and he wasnt going any faster, so I romped on it, seeing if this limiter was truely removed.. 135 - 137 miles per hour came along and that was all I could handle.. I let off in fear that either my car was going to just up and fall apart, or it was going to liftoff, cause I've never felt my car get so loose on the road before.

never doing it again-

and on a side note, cruise control works at 130

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:10 AM   #8
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
I see that there is no need to remove it chances are you won't even see that speed on the 1/4 mile even when your boosted you'd be lucky to even to hit that speed just look at the top 10 1/4mile thread.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #9
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
You would have to drastically alter the look of the car, through a body kit and extreme lowering. Not to mention that you would need full-out racing tires that could handle the heat. Suspension upgrades are a must, performance brakes, and if you're going that fast - a roll cage would be a good investment
Old 03-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
fielder87
GX Member

fielder87 is on a distinguished road
just got buy a reprogrammed PCM, then your limiter is gone...good coment Beholder,and mabey even a good life insurance policy .
fielder87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #11
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post

mfuller proved that at ASS last year as well.

my speed limiter is set at 255mph. that way i can launch into outter space.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #12
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
If you go through with this, can you list me on your life insurance policy? I'm just curious as to why you'd need it gone. Even living out in the middle of nowhere, you're not alone on the roads...there are deer, bears, racoons, etc...hitting a racoon or skunk at 120 could cause some serious damage.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #13
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
Headline!!!

Late last night, a man identified only as "Lanojoe" was found 100 meters off the side of a desolate dirt road in the middle of nowhere. It appears that his car had been traveling more than 10 times the legal speed limit when it struck a racoon in the middle of the road, causing the vehicle to flip and roll multiple times. The driver was ejected from the vehicle and thrown into the brush. No witnesses have yet come forward. Medical reports indicate that the driver died instantly, but might have been saved if he had a roll cage installed. His multi-million dollar life insurance policy is currently being claimed by an unknown person, only known as "doubleN0alero".
Old 03-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
Quote:

HAHA man i can't wait for my PCM to get here, i'm gonna have to try this out

totally kidding, that would be way too scary!
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #15
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleN0alero View Post
If you go through with this, can you list me on your life insurance policy? I'm just curious as to why you'd need it gone. Even living out in the middle of nowhere, you're not alone on the roads...there are deer, bears, racoons, etc...hitting a racoon or skunk at 120 could cause some serious damage.

I hit an armadillo in a camaro at 95 once, it felt like I ran over a cement block. But even worse was when I ran over one with the tire at only 30mph, it stuck to the tire and clunked massively on every rotation until I came to a complete stop and kicked it off. If you hit one at 100+mph, you would be a goner.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yep and like I said, have a blowout and/or hit a pothole at those speeds... you're done.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i go that fast leaving my driveway.... i don't know what yall are complaining about...
Old 03-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #18
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

xstrong4lifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xstrong4lifex
Quote:
i'll tell you one thing, my speed limiter was removed when I put that reflashed computer in my car.. and I knew one day I was going to have to try it out.

I was cruisin along at 65 - 70 mile an hour, enjoying the wind in my face, listening to music at a stupid volume.. monte carlo with a bodykit that was still primered went flying past me on the highway.. and he was haulin ass. So i tried to catch him.

obviously he was still governed because I caught up to him fast, and I was doing 110 miles per hour when i pulled up next to him and he wasnt going any faster, so I romped on it, seeing if this limiter was truely removed.. 135 - 137 miles per hour came along and that was all I could handle.. I let off in fear that either my car was going to just up and fall apart, or it was going to liftoff, cause I've never felt my car get so loose on the road before.

never doing it again-

Haha nice story. My sister and I had a little competition with our cars she has an 01 monte with a 3400 and my alero (Ecotec) kept right up.
xstrong4lifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
where would one come by a pre-programmed pcm?
i want my rev limiter to be higher.
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #20
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by heineck View Post
where would one come by a pre-programmed pcm?
i want my rev limiter to be higher.

so you WANT your engine to explode..... srsly, there arent racecars.... but if you want to blow it up, it might help the economy