Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

View Poll Results: Who is willing to pre-pay for a mount or two (not know but soon)
Im down to pre-pay 3 50.00%
im down but low on funds (Matt is willing to help out some members if low on cash) 1 16.67%
Sorry but I cant pre-pay 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
whitemexican
GX Member

whitemexican is on a distinguished road
Exclamation L61 Motor/Tranny Mount Semi-Group Buy (Work in Progress)

Hello everyone the name is Matt I just joined this forum about a day ago and the real reason was cause the L61 section caught my attendtion, I looked over the forum and this thread caught my eye = N-body ecotec motor Mounts

well im on Ecotecforum.com and one of the vendors over there is TTR you can check out the site @ TTR

Well I read over and I seen that the upper mount on our cars and tranny mounts have not been made into a light-weight/aftermarket one which there should be a company willing to do one well I talked with Aaron from TTR and he said if we could get aleast 5 ppl to pre pay for a mount he could make us one, but first im gonna send him the mounts so we can get the price that needs to be paid but i need to know how many ppl would be interested in this plus the more we have the less we pay

here is a pic of our motor/tranny mounts

Im looking to see if number 1 and number 5 can be made to seeing how they are the main mounts

SO WHO IS DOWN TO GET ONE OR AT LEAST HELP OUT IN GETTING ONE???

Pre-pay List
1.Whitemexican
2.Vic28
3.Malibu369258
4.ABHELLRAZOR
5.colonel6632

Last edited by whitemexican : 05-16-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Editing pre-pay list
whitemexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Malibu369258
GL Member

Malibu369258 is on a distinguished road
I'll definitely check this out over on EF, especially if you can get TTR involved...
Malibu369258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
whitemexican
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu369258 View Post
I'll definitely check this out over on EF, especially if you can get TTR involved...

thanks for showing your support im also going to be posting this on malibuclub.ca, unitedmalibu.com, and ef.com too so we can hopefully get enough ppl
Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
whitemexican
GX Member

also lets get a list started so far its

1.Whitemexican
2.Vic28
3.Malibu369258
Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
why not boost before you put money into motor mounts?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Malibu369258
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemexican View Post
thanks for showing your support im also going to be posting this on malibuclub.ca, unitedmalibu.com, and ef.com too so we can hopefully get enough ppl

My username on both malibu forums is Malibu369258 and 03Alero on EF.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
whitemexican
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
why not boost before you put money into motor mounts?

well i am getting boosted working on my custom GT28 set up, but why would someone wanna go thought boosting out there motor with stock mounts the way i see it is i wanna change out every part i can to a aftermarket or performance, but thats just my way of thinking about it
Old 04-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
1.Whitemexican
2.Vic28
3.Malibu369258
4.AbHeLlRaZoR

If it wasn't TTR or anyother reputable company I wouldn't be down for it, I've seen alot of group buys go sour.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemexican View Post
well i am getting boosted working on my custom GT28 set up, but why would someone wanna go thought boosting out there motor with stock mounts the way i see it is i wanna change out every part i can to a aftermarket or performance, but thats just my way of thinking about it

(these are just numbers I am throwing out there) my theory is if a guy only has $1000 to throw at a car right away, I would spend it on boost over motor mounts in a hearbeat...

but yest I change out a lot of parts that is probably not necessary. I think it would be safe to say that as far as parts and overkill I have the most complete 3400 build going in an alero or grand am currently....
Old 04-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
Malibu369258
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHeLlRaZoR View Post

If it wasn't TTR or anyother reputable company I wouldn't be down for it, I've seen alot of group buys go sour.

Agreed. Hopefully TTR will go through with this.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #11
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu369258 View Post
Agreed. Hopefully TTR will go through with this.

I think one of the biggest problems we've had in the past with the idea is that there isn't really much of a market for N-body motor/trans mounts it's just a few of us together wanting them biggest reason being the N-body scene is no where near as popular as the J-body and Delta scene so these companies only make a small fraction of money off of us.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
whitemexican
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
(these are just numbers I am throwing out there) my theory is if a guy only has $1000 to throw at a car right away, I would spend it on boost over motor mounts in a hearbeat...

but yest I change out a lot of parts that is probably not necessary. I think it would be safe to say that as far as parts and overkill I have the most complete 3400 build going in an alero or grand am currently....

but i do so what agree on the comment you first made about the 1,000 but at the same time the guy that drop that 1,000 on a set up is the one that ends up having problems and is sometime no happy cause he did not wait

but you know where im coming from and truth to be told i wanna be just like you but instead its a build L61 malibu

ALSO JUST CAME FROM THE JUNK YARD AND GOT THE UPPER MOUNT GOING TO BE SENDING IT TTR AS SOON AS I GET HIS ADDRESS SO FAR THE LIST IS STILL UP TO 4 PPL WE NEED AT LEAST 5 AND I KNOW THERE ARE MORE MEMBER OUT THERE LOOKING INTO GETTING ONE OF THESE MOUNTS
Old 04-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #13
whitemexican
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHeLlRaZoR View Post
I think one of the biggest problems we've had in the past with the idea is that there isn't really much of a market for N-body motor/trans mounts it's just a few of us together wanting them biggest reason being the N-body scene is no where near as popular as the J-body and Delta scene so these companies only make a small fraction of money off of us.

yes but the way you need to look at it, is this forum nor will other exist if ppl were not set on customizing or modifiing N-body regaurdless of engine size cause you know what it not just the motor mount it lots of other things too and its about time ppl start making things we can use on our cars and not just making the same old thing for every other car (like hondas - not hating on hondas i own 3 del sol)
Old 04-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #14
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Ok the only thing for the AUTO tranny the number 5 is not the same as the MANUAL one... so Im only interested on the upper one. I wouldnt see why it would be an issue to find atleast 5 ppl interested on the #5 mount, since autos are more popular and also if im not mistaking, the 2.4 and prolly the 3.4 has the same tranny side mount.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #15
whitemexican
GX Member

yeah on the tranny mount most of the auto use the same mount I saw that today when i was at the junk yard i was seaching thought number of n-body and it was all the same even throught the 3100 3400 2.2 and 2.4 but for now it looks like its only gonna be the upper mount in the works
Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
whitemexican
GX Member

ALRIGHT WE HAVE 5 NOW going to let the vendor know if anybody still wants to join in plz just post letting me know
Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
whitemexican
GX Member

Ok Guys well I spoke with Aaron and he set the price at 149.99, he has the motor mount designed, also as far as I know the list is still at 5 ppl is there anyone else that would wanna get one of the mounts - like all group buys the more ppl we have the less the price we pay!!!

ALSO Member that is low on cash PM me
Old 05-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #18
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
i have the 5 speed. is that the mount being made?

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #19
whitemexican
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel6632 View Post
i have the 5 speed. is that the mount being made?

NO right now the only mount being made is for the motor not for the tranny at this time

but its the same upper mount you have

P.S. i answered your pm
Old 05-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #20
whitemexican
GX Member

FROM AARON

Quote:
Parts have been sent to the shop today to test build the first unit. We hope to have it completed by late next week.

Let us know,
Aaron
TTR