Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 09-01-2004, 09:46 PM   #21
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

lets see here doule0alero, an eclipse, a civic ex, and a kia sephia which really isnt nothin, but those are a few.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:53 PM   #22
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, first of all, i'm pretty much completely against street racing... but tonight this really really white guy wearin BCG's (jackal knows what i'm talking about) was in a newer camaro, exhaust sounded good... well anyways, he was a few car lengths behind me, and i'm guessing he heard my exhaust, cause he went from about 25 (in a 25) behind me, and just sped past me.... well we came up to a stop light, and i just gunned it, we were pretty much head to head, then he went to shift for second, i pulled away, and waved obnoxiously back at him.... we come back to another light, sit there for a min, he looks at me all funny like, and now i didnt see the cop at the time, but i decided i already beat him, made him look like an ass, and didnt want him to regain any self esteem or whatever he planned on doin, so it turns green, and i accellerate normally, and he takes off like a bat out of hell, the speed limit is 25, and turns 15 almost immediately after the light, well needless to say there was an MP there waiting for him. it was so great.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #23
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Someone posted the block weight differences between the 3400 and the ECOTEC... (final reality?) I searched and couldn't find the exact numbers but it was in the 100's of pounds. Plus a manual tranny is lighter than an auto. I'm not sure why the curb weights are listed at a 58lb difference to tell you the truth.

Yeah, I know. But '03 GX coupe is listed at 2888lbs, the GLS 4-Door was over 3100LBS, out of the facotry, and I only got two options (15' rims, power drivers seat) which didn't add much weight if any. Plus losing the stock exhaust saves a bit of weight. And loses aal of that fender well stock air box crap probably saved some weight which I just gained back with the CAI.

Quote:
Interesting. That said, I gotta think a 4 banger would be the car to have, IF the aftermarket support was better... The 4's make almost as much power as the 3.4's stock

It's coming.......slowly.... <_<

Quote:
until your stuck in rush hour traffic going up a hill, then you wish you had an auto again Although the workout my left leg gets in these cases is very beneficial.

LOL!!!! You must be an urban commuter too. Man, driving from the Burbs into Toronto and back everyday in rush hour traffic is not fun.....I'll get lazy and not want to shift, so I am just cruising in traffic at 25MPH on the highway in 2nd gear while everyone gives me dirty looks for the noise coming from the exhaust/high RPM combo.
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:19 AM   #24
Crolero

Quote:
Originally posted by b-spot@Sep 1 2004, 09:53 PM
^ until your stuck in rush hour traffic going up a hill, then you wish you had an auto again Although the workout my left leg gets in these cases is very beneficial.
i get confused sometimes. i drive my alero (auto) to work in the morning then get into my company car witch is a nissan primera station wagon (stick), drive all day around the city up and down hills. i get back into my alero going home and im constatly reaching for the clutch.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:27 AM   #25
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Crolero+Sep 2 2004, 09:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crolero @ Sep 2 2004, 09:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-b-spot@Sep 1 2004, 09:53 PM
^ until your stuck in rush hour traffic going up a hill, then you wish you had an auto again Although the workout my left leg gets in these cases is very beneficial.
i get confused sometimes. i drive my alero (auto) to work in the morning then get into my company car witch is a nissan primera station wagon (stick), drive all day around the city up and down hills. i get back into my alero going home and im constatly reaching for the clutch. [/b][/quote]
LOL, I work for a rental car comapny, and when I ever I have to move a car, I do the same thing.
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
Old 09-02-2004, 10:40 AM   #26
noodle

FormulaNERD, Thats not a street racing story is it? May I remind you of this section's posting rules http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=124

Quote:
Originally posted by "Big Poppa Naich"
Aleromod.com does not condone or encourage street racing. Illegal street races are dangerous to yourselves and all the innocent bystanders you come in contact with. We have seen that posting street race stories leads to unnecessary debating and flame wars....

Also about weight. If I remember correctly with 2 even cars, a 400lbs difference is like a .10 of a second faster. And my '99 GL2 3.4L 2dr is listed at 2989 or somewhere around there sothe 2.2 does not have that much of a weight difference to make up for difference of power.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #27
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by noodle@Sep 2 2004, 09:40 AM
Also about weight. If I remember correctly with 2 even cars, a 400lbs difference is like a .10 of a second faster. And my '99 GL2 3.4L 2dr is listed at 2989 or somewhere around there sothe 2.2 does not have that much of a weight difference to make up for difference of power.
I heard 100LBS = .10, meh, who knows. And thats is one light GL2, you must fly in the 1/4
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
Old 09-02-2004, 12:24 PM   #28
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
^ something tells me he wouldn't take your times though.

Lol.. all these v6 owners trying to convince themselves they made the right choice
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:32 PM   #29
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
There's no replacement for displacement. :thumbsup:
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #30
b-spot
GLS member

Yes there is. Forced induction.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:40 PM   #31
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Forced induction V6... Mmmmm Sweeeeet....
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:34 PM   #32
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by b-spot@Sep 2 2004, 11:33 AM
LOL, yup, and having more gears you get to fully control
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
Old 09-02-2004, 02:08 PM   #33
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MAlero+Sep 2 2004, 12:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MAlero @ Sep 2 2004, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-b-spot@Sep 2 2004, 11:33 AM
LOL, yup, and having more gears you get to fully control [/b][/quote]
Argh! Low blow!
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 03:49 PM   #34
FormulaNERD
GLS member

Grr, double post... Damn cell phone.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #35
FormulaNERD
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by noodle+Sep 2 2004, 02:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (noodle @ Sep 2 2004, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> FormulaNERD, Thats not a street racing story is it? May I remind you of this section's posting rules http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=124

<!--QuoteBegin-"Big Poppa Naich"

Aleromod.com does not condone or encourage street racing. Illegal street races are dangerous to yourselves and all the innocent bystanders you come in contact with. We have seen that posting street race stories leads to unnecessary debating and flame wars....
[/b][/quote]
Bah, everyone and their mom guns it at a stoplight.

Besides, I was on private property. And a race of 0 to 30mph isn't exactly dangerous.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:52 PM   #36
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

You can add all types of "forced induction" setups on a larger engine and get more net increase in power on the bigger motor than a similar set up on the smaller engine.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:13 PM   #37
b-spot
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by Daytona@Sep 2 2004, 02:52 PM
You can add all types of "forced induction" setups on a larger engine and get more net increase in power on the bigger motor than a similar set up on the smaller engine.
Tell that to this guy:

He doesn't even need forced induction, and somehow his 3.0 smokes your 3.4. I guess displacement has been replaced.

People who feed you the "no replacement for displacement" sound like the golfers that refused to use metal woods. Afraid of technology.

Old 09-02-2004, 05:37 PM   #38
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

With what he did to that, I can get a 3.4 liter engine (a 305 cu in. in American terms) that'll smoke that motor. I don't see many Civics and Aleros running with that F1/Indy motor you show there. Know what is in several of the 8- and 9-second dragsters at my track? A 305 small block Chevy motor. It's been bored out and such but they all started as the same 305 that was originally in my Camaro.

I can get an 8-to-1 compression engine running relatively stock internals in a 305 and a similar 8:1 in a 350 and guess what? The 350 will win all the time (all else being equal with the cars).

Do the same "enhancement" to both a small engine and a big one and the bigger engine will win every time hands down. No need to fear technology. That Indy-type racer you show there is not a stock motor at all. It may not have add-ons like a blower or nitrous, but it's far from what you'd call a stock engine. Make the same upgrades to a 350 and you get? = a NASCAR Cup Car. Make the Cup Car as light as the Indy car and all the Indy car will see of the Cup car is its taillights.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:48 PM   #39
b-spot
GLS member

Ok, who at your track could afford an F-1 motor? No one. Maybe thats why shockingly as you point out there are no civics running them yet :o

Do you also realize how many restrictions there are on F-1 engines/cars? As soon as you are allowed to boost one of those bad boys they will tear a new ass in every car you throw at it.

Old 09-02-2004, 05:59 PM   #40
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
that might be "just" a 3.0L motor, but it's replacement for displacement is revolutions. I'f I could turn my 3.4 @ 9,000 rpm and still make power, you can bet there'd be some kick-ass Alero's runnin around, THAT'S for sure. Comparing that indy car to our motors is like comparing apples to oranges, so-to-speak.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote