Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 09-06-2004, 11:21 PM   #1
|Rev|

K I went to the high school drags today, and I only ran twice, but the results made me want to cry. maybey it's because I have those 17's on there, but they don't add that much weight, I only have 2 performance mods, but I expected more than this.
Time slips are out in the car, I will post them later, but basically the first run I ran a 19.4 and the second a 19.5 issed:

I have an auto 2.4l are all 2.4l's this slow, or does mine just like tater tots?
Old 09-06-2004, 11:34 PM   #2
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
aleros are slow.
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:47 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
19's sound too slow

Tips:

leave it in "3"
Rev motor to about 2200 to 2500 RPM's at the start line while hold ing brakes
remove spare and jack
Try to run with 1/4 tank of gas

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:55 PM   #4
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
ouch, that sounds way slow rev... something isnt right.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:24 AM   #5
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh whoa 19's?

yea sumthin is seriously wrong

even my slow ass with all my weights and 2.4L i ran a 17.003
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:51 AM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i would say something wrong with your car or the timing system was screwed up at the track
Old 09-07-2004, 05:11 AM   #7
flalero

That would be around 18 secs at sea-level. I assume you were running in Colorado, since you live in Longmont. If you were not running in CO, then something is not right. 18's sound a little better for a 2.4 auto with rims and very little performance mods.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:41 AM   #8
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
haha that sucks dude
Old 09-07-2004, 07:49 AM   #9
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
If possible, I'd check the weight of your new tires and rims against the stock set-up. Spinning weight car affect you more than you realize. Plus, if you have a larger overall diameter now than stock it'll effectively decrease your transaxle gear ratio = slower ET's.

Launch RPM and which gear you leave your car in (if it's an auto) or at what RPM's you shift at (on a manual) can also have a drastic effect on ET's.

What was your 60' times and final mph's?
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:16 AM   #10
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
ouch man...sumthin's way wrong for sure...with my 18's i ran a 16.1...too much weight probly
Old 09-07-2004, 12:01 PM   #11
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
theres no way weight could slow you down trhat much

when i ran 17.003 i had 18"s(heavy f***ers to), full air ride/ system, and who knows what else slowing me down...
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:17 PM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
damn, that sucks man, maybe it will be better on the 19th, we will all be there then....
Old 09-07-2004, 12:21 PM   #13
sc/alero

yea we will get that thing going better for you on the 19th. i will bring the scanner and see if there are any codes
Old 09-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #14
|Rev|

I sure hope something is wrong, I know that sounds funny, but my car should be faster than that. I think it may have something to do with my new FPR, I don't have a clue of what fuel pressure I am doing, it might be too high or too low, I dunno. My friend suggested to have my car dyno-tuned.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #15
kwicslvr

Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|@Sep 7 2004, 01:31 PM
I think it may have something to do with my new FPR, I don't have a clue of what fuel pressure I am doing, it might be too high or too low, I dunno.
You have a FPR and no idea how to use it! :rolleyes: There's your first problem right there. Take it off. You don't run the mods to need that. Especially since you have no clue how to use uit and you have no idea what your AF ratio is right now. You could very well be running very lean right now or very rich. Either way, any one of those will eat your engine eventually! Leave the more experience required modifications to those that know what they are for and how to use them properly. If you don't know how than it shouldn't be done!!!!! issed:
Old 09-07-2004, 10:14 PM   #16
|Rev|

dont poop a brick ass-hole, I thought it would help. Can't I just set it to stock fuel pressure until I get more mods? Or does this FPR do more than I thought.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:40 PM   #17
sc/alero

hey rev give me a call this weekend and we can see if we can get it set. i have to come to longmont anyways to see my buddy at hajak to get my hazard switch fixed. we can take a lot at it and see what we can do to make it a little better
Old 09-07-2004, 10:47 PM   #18
|Rev|

that would rock, I can pick you up so you don't have to wait there for the 2 hours it takes em to finish it lol. I don't get off work wil 12:30 that afternoon though, ill PM you so we can trade cell #'s
Old 09-08-2004, 03:52 AM   #19
flalero

Quote:
Originally posted by kwicslvr+Sep 7 2004, 04:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kwicslvr @ Sep 7 2004, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-|Rev|@Sep 7 2004, 01:31 PM
I think it may have something to do with my new FPR, I don't have a clue of what fuel pressure I am doing, it might be too high or too low, I dunno.
You have a FPR and no idea how to use it! :rolleyes: There's your first problem right there. Take it off. You don't run the mods to need that. Especially since you have no clue how to use uit and you have no idea what your AF ratio is right now. You could very well be running very lean right now or very rich. Either way, any one of those will eat your engine eventually! Leave the more experience required modifications to those that know what they are for and how to use them properly. If you don't know how than it shouldn't be done!!!!! issed: [/b][/quote]
Yeah, that was a little harsh. There's no need to lay into somebody like that. Do you have any idea how to tune with a FPR and AF ratio meter?

Anyway, Rev, SC should be able to hook you up and help you figure it out, but your next purchase should be a AF ratio gauge, that should help you tune the FPR and little bit better.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:56 AM   #20
|Rev|

I have a fuel pressure gauge that came with the FPR, but the thing is, the instructions are for the v6, and I have the i-4... So hopefully we can find out where and how to install that, and that way I know what my fuel pressure is and crap.