Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 09-25-2006, 01:52 AM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo in the final stretch.....

Well, I got my headers, crossover and downpipe installed for test fit, and looks like germ knows his shit. Very minimal (but expected) modification needed for the install.

1) had to push the A/C line (coming out of the compressor) forwards toward the radiator a tad to get it away from the #2 head pipe.
2) will have to cut the corner out of the heater hose hardline and route it over the top of the thermostat housing
3) oil dipstick had to be moved outward a little for the flange.

4) need to remove the transmission filler cap and replace with a smaller brass plug because the crossover actually touches it. Small thing to deal with considering the benefit.
5) relocate the transmission shift cable bracket.
6) extend the O2 sensor wiring.

All said and done, very minimal modifications considering germ didn't even have the car there for him to design it all. I did send a heck of alot of measurements to him though

Once all the minor mods are completed, all that's left is BOV/wastegate flanges, coating/heat wrap/heat shields and we're ready to start tuning. More pics can be posted on request.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:04 AM   #2
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
looks like a hack job.

$20 says it blows up as soon as you turn the key

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:04 AM   #3
mustang_killer
It's Shake 'n' Bake Time

mustang_killer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mustang_killer
A Question everyone is dying to know, How much did it run you?
mustang_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:15 AM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Hack job...hahahah....no way. If it were, I'd say it's one of the better "hack jobs" I've seen. Credit goes to germ of Donkey Punch Performance for the nice fab work. It's not meant to be pretty, it's all business. However, once I get it dialed in the way I want it, I'll probably start putting in nicer looking components and doing some external polishing on some of the stuff. Speed first, always!

How much did it run me? I'll let you know when I'm done spending
(but so far I'm into it all with heads, intakes, TB, MAF, PowrTuner and turbo components for under what most people spend for just a turbo kit or S/C)

Old 09-25-2006, 02:23 AM   #5
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
just messin with ya buddy

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
mustang_killer
It's Shake 'n' Bake Time

mustang_killer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mustang_killer
Sweet
mustang_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:48 AM   #7
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
cool, now do mine
Old 09-25-2006, 03:14 AM   #8
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Just remember that if you replace that trans cap with a plug that you might need to add a vent somewhere. I believe that cap acts as a vent as well. But it looks great! seems like it should be tearin' up the streets fairly soon!
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:19 AM   #9
Alerwhoa

Im jealous... just give me everything in your engine bay and id be a happy happy man!

Are Turbo's on the 2.4's worth while or are they just alot of headaches and problems? Cause this is something id really like to get. But if its not worth while then ill lookin to gettin a 3400 first
Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 AM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Of course they're worth it, if you have the money.

Can't wait to see how it runs.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Just remember that if you replace that trans cap with a plug that you might need to add a vent somewhere. I believe that cap acts as a vent as well. But it looks great! seems like it should be tearin' up the streets fairly soon!
That's a good point. Sounds like I need to put in an elbow fitting and some braided line to a breather. I'll add that to the list.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #12
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerwhoa View Post
Im jealous... just give me everything in your engine bay and id be a happy happy man!

Are Turbo's on the 2.4's worth while or are they just alot of headaches and problems? Cause this is something id really like to get. But if its not worth while then ill lookin to gettin a 3400 first
there is a turbo kit for the 2.4L engine, but like all boost applications on any factory-NA car, there's bound to be some issues.

stock internals on the 2.4L can handle boost up to 220 crank hp (from what I understand). so it would be worth the time and effort to work on it, but would it be worth the money is completely up to you. IMO, it's not worth it on a 4-banger.

Very good job BlackJack. I'm looking forward to seeing some numbers (dyno charts, track slips, etc)
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #13
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Dam dude! what are you gonna do about the gearing situation we were discussing?
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #14
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
wow.....
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:48 AM   #15
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_xtreme View Post
cool, now do mine

do what??turbo what??...did i miss something??

blackjack...looks killer...so is it back to N/A for another week, or is the car under the knife for a bit, i remember you sayin this is your DD
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:54 AM   #16
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
F&#K'N sweet...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #17
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabartram View Post
Dam dude! what are you gonna do about the gearing situation we were discussing?
4t65e-hd w/1" single chain upgrade and 3.69 gearing. I decided not to waste any money on that 4t45 I had lined up (already built) since I know it's not going to hold up for the final boost levels. That 3.69 will also give me more torque off the line since I already am going to be losing a little from dropped compression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturkey69 View Post
do what??turbo what??...did i miss something??

blackjack...looks killer...so is it back to N/A for another week, or is the car under the knife for a bit, i remember you sayin this is your DD

Check my sig for the links on "The Fun" to get caught up...I think this has been going on for quite some time

As far as it being my daily driver....my wife and I went ahead and put the car in a "downed" status and I'm taking hers to work for now, so I can finish everything out on it without repeatedly assembling/disassembling. This might allow me to complete it a little faster. Still looking at mid-end October before its ready to rip.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:57 PM   #18
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
all this time i thought you were single, cant believe the wife approved lawl
Old 09-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #19
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

she said her 4.3 Vortec in the GMC Safari is next....but she wants a little heavier on the NOS. We're guessing maybe a smaller turbo on hers with a 100-shot that way she can cut off those rude moms picking up the kids in front of school, and being late getting the kids to the game on saturday shouldn't be a problem. lol

Old 09-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #20
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
lmao now thats awesome
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote