Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #81
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
such an awesome concept. i have no traction due to instant almost peak boost lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #82
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I totally understand that. When I set for 15psi, I start into boost at around 2500 RPM and hit peak by 3500. That much boost that fast is totally retarded on torque steer and traction. But my friend said it looks impressive when he was riding next to me, breaking loose at a roll.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #83
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Just a thought, did you mean from redline in 1st, how much does it drop when it pops into 2nd?

If that's the case, I set the shift point at 5800 under WOT, then it shifts to 2nd and starts winding out again from around 3800 to 4000, well into boost still at that point.

Yeah, that's what I meant, mine is dropping to about 4000 to 4200, which is not too bad after all the years of abuse.

One thing to watch for is, if you increase the line pressure for performance tuning, fluid may be forced out and cause a small leak. What I have had to do is go thru the water box first, then up the pressure via a switch, to avoid getting it on the track. Hopefully yours won't have that problem, though.

With your tranny, you should be able to use stock settings and still get good results.
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #84
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
actually, I do need more pressure than stock, because if I don't, the clutches will slip under that much torque. I'm not going through that again

However, keep in mind, after installing the "Performance Shift" switch, all I do is hit a toggle switch and go from stock pressures and shift points to increased pressure and higher shift points.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:33 AM   #85
Mr_Reed
GL Member

Mr_Reed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mr_Reed
thats pretty damn sweet man. But I got to ask ya how much money you think you have dropped into your Alero not including how much you paid for it.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #86
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

engine, about 3 grand
trans swap, about 2 grand including trans and axles, plus original fabrication, and my time to make it work.

so, all in all, about $5k (which is almost the cost of just a supercharger kit minus the extra goodies.)

Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #87
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
So hows it looking for getting to the track???
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #88
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
How hard is it to transfer the 4t65 files to the PCM?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #89
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickyslick View Post
So hows it looking for getting to the track???

Upgraded from 70% to 80%. Remaining details are:
1) tires purchased/installed
2) weld a bead around the throttlebody throat because I keep blowing couplers off at 15psi
3) Fabricate hood spacers at the rear hinges so the hood will fit/clear.
4) Finish tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
How hard is it to transfer the 4t65 files to the PCM?
With the PowrTuner, it's just a matter of making sure the subset categories match, then import the data such as PPM for speed calculation from the OSS, and input proper gear ratio, then extrapolate shift tables and torque management/reduction values.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #90
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Are we still looking around Saturday 29th of March in the evening???
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #91
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Things keep getting better. Went up to 15psi and broke off 2 trans/motor mounts. Lets see if we can get it fixed in time. Too much torque? Don't know, but this is pissing me off

Old 03-27-2008, 11:39 PM   #92
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ sounds like a good problem, well sorta of

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:11 AM   #93
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
extrapolate

some word, lol.

This thing must be ridiculous to watch in person. If only I was anywhere close to AZ to get a look-se, damn.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:37 AM   #94
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
such an awesome concept. i have no traction due to instant almost peak boost lol
You ready to go turbo yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack
2) weld a bead around the throttlebody throat because I keep blowing couplers off at 15psi
What kind of clamps are you using?
Old 03-28-2008, 01:52 AM   #95
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
You ready to go turbo yet?

What kind of clamps are you using?

clothes pins, you dork

T-bolt clamps of course.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:28 AM   #96
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
clothes pins, you dork

T-bolt clamps of course.
Ha...just curious, I didn't know for sure Usually the T-bolt clamps hold up pretty well.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #97
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

actually, they do hold up pretty well, until you hit 12psi or more. Then you have to do something extra to get them to hold.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #98
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
Good Luck 2nite BJ!
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #99
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
15psi and broke off 2 trans/motor mounts.

no-go......but I do have new motor/trans mounts installed now.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:15 AM   #100
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
take you time and get it right. the last thing I want to see is a video of you blown you motor on the first pass. with the money and time you have in to this build I am sure you cant wait to put you foot in it

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote