Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.esabna.com/
Old 03-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #22
mfuller

Sorta OT, but Brew makes some very nice bike frames.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #23
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
If it's only light gauge you want to work with that one looks just fine. If you have the room though B, I'd buy a full size stick or "Arc Welder" used and then buy the TIG kit for it. You reverse the polarity on the Arc welder when you attach the TIG kit and you can weld anything your heart desires man.

No, I have a negative amount of room. I did a little MIG welding years ago, but still a noob at it. I have a helmet and gloves, that's about it. What else do I need as far as materials, etc., in addition to that Diversion 180 to get started? I only have regular 110 house voltage available.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #24
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Welding jacket, steel table. Weld a steel tube to one of the back corners. Tank, how's the laws there on buying gas? If you set up in the garage, cut the concrete and drive the largest spike you can find in the ground... careful of gas lines and cables to the house...lol Ground your table to the spike. That way you wont have to always attach ground to your work, just ground the table and gives you a nice big work area without an annoying cable in your way. You'll want to find yourself a couple pieces of brass as well. You'll want that to bead a tungston tip for aluminum. There is a real art to getting the perfect tip on it, but it will come with practice. I'd love to get my hands on a TIG for the house here, man the things I could do...
Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #25
MMGT1
GLS member

and rods!... hahahaaha lots and lots of rods
Old 03-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #26
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
I remember when I had welding in school they taught you not to do dumb shit like this.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #27
MMGT1
GLS member

That guy is lucky he didn't tun himself into a dam vegetable! I bet he deep fries frozen turkeys too...