Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #21
wadedog
GX Member

wadedog is on a distinguished road
I agree I love the zip tie idea, my problem was the regulator clips broke off not the glass clips.
wadedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #22
CenterF
GX Member

CenterF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by comanche View Post
The regulator drive cable has a "nugget" on it that fits in a groove on the white plastic clip. Remove the regulator from the vehicle (do you need instructions for that?) then use your fingers to remove the cable from the plastic clip.

Carefully twist the plastic clip off of the metal guide rail.

Installation is the reverse of removal.

Is there a tool to get the "nugget" into the groove on the white plastic clip? I can't do it by hand.

Last edited by CenterF : 12-04-2017 at 09:53 PM.
CenterF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:08 AM   #23
CenterF
GX Member

CenterF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterF View Post
Is there a tool to get the "nugget" into the groove on the white plastic clip? I can't do it by hand.

Well I put a little 3 in 1 household oil in the groove where the nugget snaps into, and with a little elbow grease was finally able to remove the broken clips. The new clips were $20 and it took some work snapping on the new clips. But I was able to fix my window without taking off the old regulator and motor. It was quite an effort and like a puzzle with the regulator still attached, but it was doable. But it may have been easier taking off the regulator and motor and replacing the broken clips with the regulator off the car.
CenterF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #24
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedog View Post
I agree I love the zip tie idea, my problem was the regulator clips broke off not the glass clips.

That's why I did buy the replacement clips for the driver's side window and just keep them in my spare parts bin.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:50 PM   #25
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I just bought a set of 8 clips on eBay from an American seller for $21 shipped, just to have on hand

Yeah, these things are like $6 shipped off eBay and at least $20 locally. also have them on hand, but will buy more replacements once these are installed. On line it's the clips on the front drivers side door that are part of the window regulator. 1999 Alero with 58K miles, if that helps.

Old 07-25-2020, 04:11 PM   #26
zzyzzx
GLS member

It didn't work. The window regulator cable came off it's tracks and I can't get it back in. Even if I could, one of the plastic wheels that holds the cable in place is damaged and it will slip right off again. Time to order a new window regulator.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #27
zzyzzx
GLS member

Got the new regulator in and it's all good now.
One thing I am wondering is if I should go ahead and get spare clips for the passenger side, since the front passenger regulator is the only one in the car that's still the original.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:13 PM   #28
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Having spares of any parts is a good thing

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote