Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #41
cooper
GX Member

cooper is on a distinguished road
great quality GM parts, i have a 2 door Alero with 80,000 km i bought the car and driver window had the broken white clip, i needed the part right away because it was middle of winter and my window wouldnt go up, no one in my area supplied it a 5$ part turned out to be 130$ i had to buy a damn window cause it comes with the stupid white clips on it. oh yea and 2 months later the passengerside clips broke.
cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #42
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
Junk

My window regulator crapped on me yesterday. I heard a loud SNAP while putting my window up after leaving the drive through at McDonalds. Then my windows just fell down into the door and I heard all sort of parts falling and rattling around inside the door. I took the door apart today, and this is what I found... I'm guessing I can just go to the parts center at my GM dealer and get the white plastic clips. Is that all I need?

Last edited by Beholder88 : 09-17-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Beholder88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #43
USsnipes
GX Member

USsnipes is on a distinguished road
i havent had any problems with the regulators but i had to replace all four actuators.
USsnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #44
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beholder88 View Post
My window regulator crapped on me yesterday. I heard a loud SNAP while putting my window up after leaving the drive through at McDonalds. Then my windows just fell down into the door and I heard all sort of parts falling and rattling around inside the door. I took the door apart today, and this is what I found... I'm guessing I can just go to the parts center at my GM dealer and get the white plastic clips. Is that all I need?

You will need the white clips and the adhesive that holds the sash to the window.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #45
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
Done

So I went and got a new window regulator today. $100 brand new from Milich's junk yard. A new motor came with it, I was a little surprised. The new motor is almost half the size of the old one, but seems more powerful and a little bit faster than the old one. The install went rather well, didn't break anything, and everything was an exact fit. If anyone wants any tips, just ask.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #46
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
About 6 months later the cheap E Bay window regulator took a crap... This morning... In the cold...
Old 04-11-2009, 09:06 AM   #47
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
hey, sorry to revive this, but my question is this,

my passenger side window works well, but it seems to squeak REALLY loudly,

now my drivers side,

this window is obscene, it goes down, but with a lot of popping and stalling and really bad noises, and it will not go up without my hand for help.. i took the door apart, and i found everything to be pretty normal, everything looks normal...

what is wrong with my window?? i want it fixed naow...
Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #48
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

I would grease the regulator track. Thats the metal part.

Then I would readjust the rubber track/window guides.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #49
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
I would grease the regulator track. Thats the metal part.

Then I would readjust the rubber track/window guides.

umm, more in depth explanation?
Old 04-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #50
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
My drivers side is like that. I broke a window clip. That caused the window to rip the rubber track and it gets caught evertime I roll it up so I have to go down and up or pull it up myself. You said you already gave it a once over but might double check those white plastic clips and the rubber for rips. (Swung by the stealership and ordered some clips $13 each but they'll be in tomarrow morning I don't want to wait for ebay shipping). It really helps to roll down the window half way.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #51
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

reviving this again, i went over a bump last night, and the passenger side window fell in, no apparent reason, go over another bump, and the driver's side fell in.... i need four clips and a regulator,

where to get the clips the cheapest, and the reg. i got was 50$ so im set on that

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting, thats the reg, does it have the clips on it? i dont know what they look like... if it does im just going to replace both my
EDIT, haha! there are eight with this set,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-01-02-03-04-Oldsmobile-Alero-Window-Sash-Clips_W0QQitemZ250427142904QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMoto rs_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a4e9ef2f8 &_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1205|65:12|39: 1|240:1318#ht_7582wt_1191
Old 05-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #52
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

The window rides in a track.

Your 2nd auction shows the sash clips that Epoxy onto the window. Unless yours are broken you DONT need them. Broken ones are detached from window, so like you roll the window down and it "hops" on its way down or stays frozen to the window frame...

Get your window Regulator from ebay seller Auto & Art. They are cheaper and warranty what they sell. Plus its IN STOCK. They dont have to wait for the distributor.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #53
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
The window rides in a track.

Your 2nd auction shows the sash clips that Epoxy onto the window. Unless yours are broken you DONT need them. Broken ones are detached from window, so like you roll the window down and it "hops" on its way down or stays frozen to the window frame...

Get your window Regulator from ebay seller Auto & Art. They are cheaper and warranty what they sell. Plus its IN STOCK. They dont have to wait for the distributor.

how much was the auto and art one

cant find that seller, link me please
Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #54
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

got two new reglators from local junkyard, new 50$, with motor,

nice and smooth, never broke a clip either!

BTW! they sell the clips at pepboys for 15$ for four!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #55
AleroChick785
GX Member

AleroChick785 is on a distinguished road
ok..so i readin all this and tryin to understand. both the clips that ride up an down on the wires broke on my driverside window. when i talked to the dealership here. the clips are $75 a piece. so would it just be cheaper and better to just buy a regulator? i lookin for the route to use less money.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #56
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroChick785 View Post
ok..so i readin all this and tryin to understand. both the clips that ride up an down on the wires broke on my driverside window. when i talked to the dealership here. the clips are $75 a piece. so would it just be cheaper and better to just buy a regulator? i lookin for the route to use less money.

it was just the clips...... ill make a how to or walk you through it, what do you have, coupe or sedan
Old 06-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #57
AleroChick785
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
it was just the clips...... ill make a how to or walk you through it, what do you have, coupe or sedan

sedan
Old 06-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #58
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroChick785 View Post
sedan

haha, strange, the sedan's window system seems so much better built, anywho, the clips replacement procedure is the same, is the window held up by tape or is it holding itself up?
Old 06-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #59
AleroChick785
GX Member

did have tape holding it up. but summer was close..an weather was decent here i dropped it
Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #60
richthofen
GX Member

richthofen is on a distinguished road
The driver's side rear on mine has developed an annoying tendency to fall down slowly, as you drive. It never gets very far before I notice it (few inches usually) and I can pull it back up, or push it farther down, with my hands. It will go down but not back up using the switch. I wouldn't care if it would just stay closed, but since it falls of its own volition, I'm afraid I'll forget to "secure" it one day before it rains. Is this a broken clip, or something else going on?

Driver's side front did the abrupt falling inside door, had that fixed by a glass shop for something like $200. Hoping to not spend $$$ this time!
richthofen is offline   Reply With Quote