Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #21
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
and i just don't understand why cuz billy's the man......lol
Old 01-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #22
Kanyon
GX Member

Kanyon is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, so if someone wanted to get a basic setup to run 6psi ish, what all would be required? Turbo, Headers, exhaust, what else? Also any links to the best place to buy?

Black 2dr 2000 GLS
30% Tint - Lowered
Ported TB - Flowmaster Exhaust - WAI
7" Flip out DVD player - Ample Audio Amp - 2 10"s
Shaved Trunk

-Gone
Kanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #23
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
Now, what about intercoolers? Since I'll probably only ever go up to MAYBE 12 psi, how big should the intercooler be?
sorrowfulkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #24
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
since even a small intercooler has a good effect at these low numbers, you should probably choose based on what will fit in the opening below your bumper.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #25
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
Alright, I'll have to figure that out after I get my body kit then, I'll also be getting the AAS kitI think that pretty much answers all my questions, Thanks alot
Old 01-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #26
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

_____

Last edited by sorrowfulkiller : 01-27-2007 at 12:35 PM. Reason: double post
Old 01-30-2007, 07:44 PM   #27
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

Alright... two more questions

Which would be better for my application, an internal or external wastegate?

Where can I find a boost timer that'll work for an alero.... also, where will the wires need to be connected?

Last edited by sorrowfulkiller : 01-30-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #28
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
simplicity, internal. for power, external.

turbo timer will usually include instructions or wiring diagram.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:17 PM   #29
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

so for the wastegates... they can be changed to open at different psi's right? like will I have to buy a different spring or can I just tighten a screw or loosen a screw?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:31 PM   #30
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

either one you choose. You can buy a lighter or heavier spring, or you can restrict the amount of boost to the port on the wastegate which will cause it to open later (higher boost amount)

Old 02-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #31
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

Alright, so what about sensors? Which Sensors will I have to move? and where are the "best" places to put them?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #32
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

you will have to find another way to deal with your IAT sensor for one, since it just lightly snaps into a rubber grommet. Once you push boost through, you'll likely pop it out. Are you going stock programming and staying under 6psi, or are you going all out and buying a tuning device also?

Old 02-10-2007, 11:01 PM   #33
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
you will have to find another way to deal with your IAT sensor for one, since it just lightly snaps into a rubber grommet. Once you push boost through, you'll likely pop it out. Are you going stock programming and staying under 6psi, or are you going all out and buying a tuning device also?
I hope you don't mean "stock programming" as "stock fuel system". I just don't want this guy to be misled at all thinking his stock fuel system will support any boost. I know you know what you meant Blackjack, just want to make sure anyone who doesn't know gets the whole story.

Even with low boost (6psi or less) you still need some way to add fuel while in boost. The stock fuel system wasn't meant to support any more air than the engine can suck in itself, so when you start forcing in all kinds of more air without adding any extra fuel, bad things happen.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #34
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

Well I'll probably be running about at 6 psi or so to start. Eventually I want to be up to 12 psi max though. What did you do with your IAT sensor?

And fuel wise, I'll nee a fuel pressure regulator and injectors... what else though?

Last edited by sorrowfulkiller : 02-11-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:12 PM   #35
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

What about an oil return line? Is it pretty much the same as a normal oil line?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #36
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

oil return is slightly larger diameter than your feed line, and should be piped into a fitting welded into the side of the oil pan.

With the exception of injectors, I am currently running a 100% stock fuel system.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #37
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
Well I'll probably be running about at 6 psi or so to start. Eventually I want to be up to 12 psi max though. What did you do with your IAT sensor?

And fuel wise, I'll nee a fuel pressure regulator and injectors... what else though?
The intake manifold I swapped in for the stock one had hole in it specifically for the IAT sensor. It was actually made for a screw in sensor, but since I don't have a screw in sensor, I took the sensor out of the rubber grommet it goes in, stuck it in the hole in the manifold and used JB Weld to glue it in. It's all smoothed out nice and painted over so it looks like it supposed to be there.

As for the fuel mods, you'll need larger injectors but not necessarily an aftermarket FPR. You will need something to control the injectors because if you just swap them out for the smaller stockers, you'll flood the engine. I'm sure BlackJack will chime in on what you can use to tune the injectors on the V6.

Here's a pic of my IAT sensor:

Last edited by Spilner521 : 02-11-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #38
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

I'm thinking you used DHP, correct Blackjack?

What is working with DHP like? Does it take very long to learn and understand?

Thanks A LOT guys, You've been a great help so far.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #39
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

easy as pie to work with. just takes patience to learn the software and how to read scans and interpret into changes that need to be made to your tune.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #40
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

Good, because I plan on doing the tune wholly by myself... That having been said I have to go to school now x_x