Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-13-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
BlackJack runs 14.5@96mph on 5 cylinders :(

back to the drawing board. Went to the strip last night. Rolled up for the first run, performed a nice burnout for the pre-stage and blew the #6 plug without knowing it until after I finished the run, and I ripped out a 14.5@96 1/4 mile on 5 cylinders, nothing stripped out of the car, and including the spare/jack. (See non-impressive video of pre-stage and shaking camera during the run against an SS Camaro)

The car was limping when I pulled off the end of the track to get my slip. I didn't have any spare plugs on hand or I could have tweaked it out and continued.
Luckily I wasn't running full boost until I got the feel of it or I could have done a lot more damage.

Guess there's next time. I think the culprit was being tuned at 4700ft elevation and racing at 1,000ft lower causing it to be a bit lean. I added a little more fueling when I got to the track, guess it wasn't enough. She still runs like a champ though, I scoped the cyl and no apparent damage.

Transmission didn't even flinch, though I know I wasn't able to put full power to it. But the tires grabbed like mad.

Next TNT isn't till Fri May 2.
Video - screwing around in the staging lanes showing I'm legal for the challenge, then the (shaky camera) run.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:03 AM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
freaking sucks man.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:08 AM   #3
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
You'll get it done BJ. Glad nothing drastically bad happened. Persistence will overcome.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:11 AM   #4
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
freaking sucks man.

What sucks? That he blew out a plug, or that even on 5 cylinders it's still faster than your car

All in all, not a failure for the first time out.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:17 AM   #5
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
id trade you aleros
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:29 AM   #6
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't realize you were out of Tucson. I'm moving to the southern border of AZ in a few months, maybe even Tucson. I'll have to see you run sometime.

Anyway, looks real good man. Can't wait for a problem free run.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #7
blueolds01
GX Member

blueolds01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to blueolds01
still rootin for ya!
-'97 s10 4.3 v6, alpine head unit, camaro rims, 2.5" cat-back w/Edelbrock SDT, Edelbrock TES headers, HPPIII, and 8mm taylor wires. 15.505@87.42mph

http://www.cardomain.com/id/s104-banger
videos-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvkbtiBirVo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WnmqBZkdmAM
blueolds01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:46 AM   #8
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
What sucks? That he blew out a plug, or that even on 5 cylinders it's still faster than your car

All in all, not a failure for the first time out.

It's both for me.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:22 AM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys. Part that sucks is having to wait till May 2 to run again. I'm going on vacation in June before I leave to the sand-box, so there's very little time to make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_ecotec View Post
Didn't realize you were out of Tucson. I'm moving to the southern border of AZ in a few months, maybe even Tucson. I'll have to see you run sometime.
That sucks too, you're getting here about the time I'm leaving. Where you going? I'm nearly on the border myself (Sierra Vista).

Old 04-13-2008, 02:34 AM   #10
Kanyon
GX Member

Kanyon is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have a link for that 13second malibu? What kind of setup does he have?

Black 2dr 2000 GLS
30% Tint - Lowered
Ported TB - Flowmaster Exhaust - WAI
7" Flip out DVD player - Ample Audio Amp - 2 10"s
Shaved Trunk

-Gone
Kanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:50 AM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanyon View Post
Do you have a link for that 13second malibu? What kind of setup does he have?

Don't have a link for it, but I was there for it. Basically it's a "stage 2" heads/intakes/TB, and about a stage 1 cam, plus NOS.

For the record, his run was 13.9, but that's 13's.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:21 AM   #12
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Dang that sucks, bt hey at least is wasnt anything to bad, sure did look good teaing own the track thow!!!!!

man whos gtp is that, those vids are insane
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:24 AM   #13
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

the black GTP in those vids are a joint program between Stattama (www.stattama.com) and ZZPerformance (www.zzperformance.com).

It's a twin turbo 3800.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:57 AM   #14
TurboAleroGT40
GX Member

TurboAleroGT40 is on a distinguished road
damn dude to bad better luck next time man , hey I ran for the first time 18 sec lol with a 120 mph 1/4. my 60ft was 7 sec lol. I had trouble with the second gear. Currently I don't have the slip to show, because right now i'm not at home.
TurboAleroGT40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:13 AM   #15
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Sorry to hear about the #6 plug, but I know you'll get that fixed up and run again soon.

You can run on 5 cyl and I'll run on 6

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
still about 13.8 sec corrected time
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
wow... bj, i'll race you for pinks if you run on 3 cylinders!

lol, and good job pulling a jackal at the track. (all modded out and run like crap)

ah well, it leaves room for improvement. what fun is it, if you knock the ball outta the park on the first try?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #18
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
and Frostbite ran 14.9 with only an intake/exhaust/DHP PCM lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #19
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Ion what do you run?
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #20
blueolds01
GX Member

blueolds01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to blueolds01
ion runs 14.8...with a little 4 banger.
-'97 s10 4.3 v6, alpine head unit, camaro rims, 2.5" cat-back w/Edelbrock SDT, Edelbrock TES headers, HPPIII, and 8mm taylor wires. 15.505@87.42mph

http://www.cardomain.com/id/s104-banger
videos-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvkbtiBirVo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WnmqBZkdmAM
blueolds01 is offline   Reply With Quote