Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #21
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
on 3-4 PSI, now on 7, once rebuilt will be spraying methanol and running on drag radials, plus full exhaust and whatnot
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #22
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
BlackJack, it's good to at least see a video of a run this time. This was more of a teaser video than the last 3 second clip you posted Get the little things worked out crank the boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
on 3-4 PSI, now on 7, once rebuilt will be spraying methanol and running on drag radials, plus full exhaust and whatnot
More boost, methanol intercooling, more grip, free flowing exhaust....you should be in the 13's easy with that setup.

Last edited by Spilner521 : 04-13-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #23
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueolds01 View Post
ion runs 14.8...with a little 4 banger.

yup, now throw the cycle out of balance by taking one cylinder out of the mix and lets watch that 14.8 again

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:24 PM   #24
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
BlackJack, it's good to at least see a video of a run this time. This was more of a teaser video than the last 3 second clip you posted Get the little things worked out crank the boost

More boost, methanol intercooling, more grip, free flowing exhaust....you should be in the 13's easy with that setup.

More boost is on the way. I'm tuned at 15psi at my current altitude, and about to start tuning for 18psi as soon as I drop in the new fuel pump and turn up the fuel pressure a bit. Grip wasn't a problem. Once the fueling is worked out, if I still only hit 13's, I'm packing it in for the season and getting ready for deployment.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
he was talkin about me with the 13s, which are what i intend to hit with what he was sayin lol

you should be lke 11s, low 12s if it's a bad day
Old 04-13-2008, 06:28 PM   #26
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
yup, now throw the cycle out of balance by taking one cylinder out of the mix and lets watch that 14.8 again

i think its an excuse u were running on 5 cylinders heck i ran 15.4 without 3rd gear -_- so to me i think ur making up excuses

New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

anyways.

can't wait to see your next run with everything working and whatnot
Old 04-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #28
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01silveralero View Post
i think its an excuse u were running on 5 cylinders heck i ran 15.4 without 3rd gear -_- so to me i think ur making up excuses

He's faster than you

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #29
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
More boost is on the way. I'm tuned at 15psi at my current altitude, and about to start tuning for 18psi as soon as I drop in the new fuel pump and turn up the fuel pressure a bit. Grip wasn't a problem. Once the fueling is worked out, if I still only hit 13's, I'm packing it in for the season and getting ready for deployment.
Yeah I was talking about C2 hitting 13's. I'll bet you'll run easily in the low 12's, if not faster.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #30
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
man sucks for that to happen....but was great to see your car. Cant wait for the updated video good luck
Old 04-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #31
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry I could not make it since it is just around the corner. It was good to talk to you though. So May 2nd if its is set in stone then I will be there.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #32
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

heh....it's not set in stone yet. I gotta do a top-end tear down and check everything thouroughly. Scoping the inside of the cylinder will only show so much. If there's anything else wrong, then May 2 is off.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #33
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thanks guys. Part that sucks is having to wait till May 2 to run again. I'm going on vacation in June before I leave to the sand-box, so there's very little time to make it happen.

That sucks too, you're getting here about the time I'm leaving. Where you going? I'm nearly on the border myself (Sierra Vista).

Lol, I'm probably living in Sierra Vista or Tucson. I just got hired as a BPA, I have to go to Artesia pretty soon, but then I'll be moving out there.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:20 AM   #34
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
ahahahaha @ sierra vista.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:41 AM   #35
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Interesting......NHRA altitude correction factors calls 14.5@96mph at 3,000ft elevation as equivalent to 14.01@100.5mph at sea level.

jeez, if I'm almost into the 13's @ sea level on 5 cylinders.....just wait.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #36
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
will the navy let you do runs on aircraft carriers while depoyed?
(i know your not in the navy)
Old 04-15-2008, 08:08 AM   #37
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

I don't think the Navy likes having Army guys on their ships to begin with, but I'm sure if I tried to make 1/4 mile runs, the car is going to get wet.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 AM   #38
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Well as always Mike do your thing and if all is good give me as much notice about May 2nd and I will be there...Heck I will even volunteer to drive it for ya...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #39
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
I don't think the Navy likes having Army guys on their ships to begin with, but I'm sure if I tried to make 1/4 mile runs, the car is going to get wet.

well.. you'd clearly have a little math to do... obviously the ship isn't 1/4 mile long!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:18 PM   #40
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
well.. you'd clearly have a little math to do... obviously the ship isn't 1/4 mile long!
Does this mean I'm going to have to equip the car with a tailhook instead of wheelie bars?