Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
02AleroEco
GL Member

02AleroEco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 02AleroEco
Alero Springs

I have an 02 Alero 2.2 Eco 'Coupe'. I am getting new struts very very soon, and i want to lower it. im think Eibach springs. But do they sell a coilover kit for the alero, or could i get one for like a Honda or cavy and custom the mounts?

Ive searched on google but havent found anything more than springs
02AleroEco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
nobody makes coilovers specifically for the Alero who I've ever heard of

maybe you could get some from another vehicle to work? idk
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i had a custom made set, let me tell ya it was the worst ride i have ever encountered, oldsman has a video of me in my car, i heard every bump, felt every little crack in the road, it was so bad i wanted to cut my self to stop the pain
oldsman has the set that came off the osv alero, and matt fuller was on a set as well
dont know how matts rode but i do know how scots rides and its like your on train tracks its awesome ride
a while back mantapart made a set for i think 1,400 but if you want to get low, and have the performance why not go air ride best of both worlds
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:02 AM   #4
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
Read my siggy lol

btw bdyman its $1500.00 plus shipping.

Last edited by super white alero1 : 07-02-2008 at 10:38 AM.
super white alero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
02AleroEco
GL Member

air ride is gay.. no offense to anyone thats just my 2 cents. ill just lower it with springs and new struts.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
why would air ride be gay??? have you ever been in a car on air ride??? it handles better then a lowering spring, and as good as coil overs, its gay becasue why???? is it gay becasue you cant do the install??? is it gay becasue you cant afford it?? is it gay becasue its not a cool import thing???
this blows my mind, lol most guys on air like my self will pull up to a lowered car or some other "cool" car and hit the switch every time us gay guys on air will get the crowd over to our cars faster then some car with neon lights and a painted interior
so why is it gay??
Old 07-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
why would air ride be gay??? have you ever been in a car on air ride??? it handles better then a lowering spring, and as good as coil overs, its gay becasue why???? is it gay becasue you cant do the install??? is it gay becasue you cant afford it?? is it gay becasue its not a cool import thing???
this blows my mind, lol most guys on air like my self will pull up to a lowered car or some other "cool" car and hit the switch every time us gay guys on air will get the crowd over to our cars faster then some car with neon lights and a painted interior
so why is it gay??

lmao i love you
Old 07-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
seriously how can you think air ride is gay?

you can adjust your ride height whenever and how much you want. drop it when you park, low when you drive, see a steep driveway or bump raise it up 4x4 lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
bdyman
GLS member

you wanna know how i know your gay?...............cold play said its gay so that makes you gay
air ride is the shiznit!!!!, go ahead and make your car look like a ufo, i`ll pull up, hit a switch, and make all your little gay friends run to my car, so your gay
Old 07-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
02AleroEco
GL Member

ooooh booy. go get midol for your pms and come back after a week.

i dont have to explain my reasons, i think its gay, just like i think the razzi kit is gay. to each his own.

besides its an alero, not really a great tuner, yea i own one, and no im not afraid to say it is one of the worst cars to tune, you all are just wasting your money.

and for your info, i could easily do the install, and if i really wanted it, id have the money to buy it. like i said its gay so i wouldnt waste my time
Old 07-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #11
01oldsgls
GL Member

01oldsgls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AleroEco View Post
ooooh booy. go get midol for your pms and come back after a week.

i dont have to explain my reasons, i think its gay, just like i think the razzi kit is gay. to each his own.

besides its an alero, not really a great tuner, yea i own one, and no im not afraid to say it is one of the worst cars to tune, you all are just wasting your money.

and for your info, i could easily do the install, and if i really wanted it, id have the money to buy it. like i said its gay so i wouldnt waste my time

yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion. yes some people dont like the same shit. yes you saying that air ride is gay in fact means you like penis.

and hahaha waht did u hope to accomplish by insulting the aleromod community? you would think eventually wed stop getting these. ok. since u game bdyman medical advice ima give you some. go chug 2 bottles of draino and stfu.
01oldsgls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #12
bdyman
GLS member

he can say what he wants too i dont care, again air ride kicks ass, how am i and the rest of the people on this board, and other n-body site wasting money???
the grand am is the same car so is the malibu, and there are allot of great looking cars on air ride, go tell the big names like troy tripanier/chip foose/ r.i.p boyd coddington/ just to name a few all those guys use air ride, when my car sells i will get all the money i have invested back to me just like every one else will,

i think ya need to be in a car on air ride and maybe it will change your mind, and your will see it has the best of both worlds, handling/performance/ and adjustablity at a fingers touch
how is it gay??
Old 07-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #13
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
idk im no frickin genius but, u say its dumb to waste money on an alero.. "THEN WTF ARE U BUYING SPRINGS 4!!" go get a civic if u cant handle the challange of an alero, its not a cookie cutter car like u want it to be!! It takes dedication man!!

P.S. air ride is the shyt, have fun with ur coilovers, and tell me how drivin in any old dowtown area is
bkathsalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
02AleroEco
GL Member

you people are all the same, gettin ripshit for someones opinion.

Yea i hate air ride, and riding in one with it prolly wont change my mind, so how am i gay?

i think everyone one this forum ranting on and on about how great of a car the alero is to tune. the fact is its an alero and thats it. its never gonna stack up to anything else, no matter how much money gets put into it
Old 07-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #15
bdyman
GLS member

the only car on coil overs i would drive in is scots, ppppssshhhtttttt got bags???
lol, dude you said its gay, and ya i think it would change your mind, it drives just like a lowerd car on springs
ppppssshhhhtttttttttttttttttt damn check out that car!!!! hell ya its on air!!! i say no more
got air?

Last edited by bdyman : 07-05-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #16
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
02AleroEco, I really do believe what bdyman said about you not liking air ride cuz you can't install/ afford it. You are saying you want to lower your alero, yet you claim air ride is gay. That is really ignorant to say from your behalf because air ride will give you the drop you want, without the frustration of hitting pot holes or scraping on speed bumps.

As for Aleros not being good tuners, why wouldn't they? The all aluminum dohc ecotec engine makes equal horsepower to my 85 5.0L V8 engine, yet the ecotec is in a car that is way lighter. I have actually tied up to a V6 mustang with dual exhaust, MSD, and Cai, on my stock ecotec. Also, note that stock, the ecotec is the engine that makes least horsepower of the 3 engines available on the Alero. So, why do you think the Alero isnt a good tuner?
Old 07-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #17
02AleroEco
GL Member

its all in preference.
I dont think the alero is a good tuner, simply because its an oldsmobile. oldsmobile was never a good company, yea the cars were affordable, but not without all sorts of problems
Old 07-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #18
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I guess everyone does have different opinions. Personally, I like oldsmobile because it offers the best of both worlds. The alero for example, has a bit of a performance looking exterior, while the interior (especially if equipped with leather) looks luxurious. As for problems, I dont see why oldsmobile would have more problems than a Buick, Pontiac, or Chevy since they share the same engine and drivetrain (with some minor changes). Also, if something does go wrong, parts for a GM are way cheaper than parts for an import. Also, oldies oldsmobile are very reliable. Some came equipped with forged cranks. The connecting rods were forged as well.

Last edited by Valley olds : 07-05-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added more
Valley olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #19
02AleroEco
GL Member

exactly, we all have different opinions, i dont like bags, and thats simply that
Old 07-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #20
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AleroEco View Post
its all in preference.
I dont think the alero is a good tuner, simply because its an oldsmobile. oldsmobile was never a good company, yea the cars were affordable, but not without all sorts of problems

they were around before ford and chevy how can u say they wont a good company. they did have a decent 350 rocket engine. the olds 455 is still an engine people are looking for til this day. they produced 35.2 million cars over 107 years. they were among the oldest in the world, after Daimler and Peugeot. all cars have their own unique problems. some have rust problems like most fords do. some have electrical problem that lead to engine fires. some have oil leak problems like most of gm 3800 engines do. some have timing belt/chain problems.
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote