Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #21
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AleroEco View Post
you people are all the same, gettin ripshit for someones opinion.

Yea i hate air ride, and riding in one with it prolly wont change my mind, so how am i gay?

i think everyone one this forum ranting on and on about how great of a car the alero is to tune. the fact is its an alero and thats it. its never gonna stack up to anything else, no matter how much money gets put into it

There are some pretty quick aleros and ga's out there that will beg to differ.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #22
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
oh yes nick is right especially the cars blown, or turbo, and the ecotec makes allot of power just ask john lingenfelter, well hes dead but he made over 1,000 with the ecotec
psssshhhtttttt got bags?
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:32 AM   #23
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
How is airbag gay, or how is springs gay?

Explain, both serves differing purpose. I wouldn't recommend airbag on the track but airbag do take the cake in show.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #24
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
oh yes air ride tech was the 1st company to prove air ride was made for performance, they finished the road coarse and layed out there car
now thats what i call shutting people up
Old 07-07-2008, 03:12 AM   #25
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Lmfao, this thread is great, thank goodness I stumbled on it.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:34 AM   #26
02AleroEco
GL Member

02AleroEco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 02AleroEco
im still standing by that i dont like it. and i am going to custom fab the coilovers.

So call me gay, but in all fairness someone who(not naming names) gets this defensive over a piece of equipment, must have something wrong, or just likes to try and be tough online, because he knows that he cant be seen. but its really not a show, so stop trying to prove something, because it really annoying, and it seems on this bored its always the same person who trys to be that one tough one
02AleroEco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #27
bdyman
GLS member

dude i was on a custom made coil over it was terrible, i have nothing to prove, especially to you, i post the facts thats all if ya cant face the thruth i dunno what to tell ya
Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 PM   #28
Alero_1986
GL Member

Alero_1986 is on a distinguished road
. .

Last edited by Alero_1986 : 12-21-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Alero_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #29
JOEY GLADSTONE
GX Member

JOEY GLADSTONE is on a distinguished road
best is pulling up to some ricer at my ride height and he said "ha, im lower then you" and you just hit the switch and make then feel like an idiot

and yes coilovers FTL, ur gonna cry about the ride quality and how u could have had air for like another 800$
JOEY GLADSTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:49 PM   #30
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
hmmm....one of the issue I thought about air ride system was they was not as good in performance...so is the system that good...cause is was gonna spend 500 bones on a strut and lowering spring set up but if the air ride gonna give me a performance ill just save for that
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 AM   #31
fraser89
GX Member

fraser89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
its all in preference.
I dont think the alero is a good tuner, simply because its an oldsmobile. oldsmobile was never a good company, yea the cars were affordable, but not without all sorts of problems

You just dont think this is a good tuner because it wasnt in any fancy little racing movie you saw. The point of tunning/customizing your car is making it unique. You clearly know nothing about aleros and what they can be.

Quote:
exactly, we all have different opinions, i dont like bags, and thats simply that

Thats because you like teabags on your face. stfu
15% Tint All Around, Cleared Corners, CAI, Reverse Halo Gauges, Led Side Markers, Monroe Struts, Eurolite Xenon Fusion 9005s/9006s, Custom Badging, Jensen 7" Touchscreen, Stinger Wiring, MTX Tc6001 Amp, x2 12" Infinity Perfects
fraser89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:35 AM   #32
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
its all in preference.
I dont think the alero is a good tuner, simply because its an oldsmobile. oldsmobile was never a good company, yea the cars were affordable, but not without all sorts of problems
OMFG, read up on your history and then try to post this absolutely absurd comment again.

Never, give me an effin break.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Last edited by Oldsnut : 07-08-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #33
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
exactly, we all have different opinions, i dont like bags, and thats simply that
You mean wind bags? I guess you don't like yourself that much.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #34
02AleroEco
GL Member

its all in preference.

i dont need to read jack
Old 07-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #35
FrankTheTank
GLS member

FrankTheTank is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
and i am going to custom fab the coilovers.

i cant wait to see how this turns out.

Quote:

So call me gay
you're gay.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #36
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Over all it comes down to one thing,

Personal prefrence. I love air ride, but i also wish there was a nicely made, decently affordable coil over as well, just for diffrent options.

I do have to say, if you have such a bad taste about olds, why do you own one. For the cost of the alero, you could scoop uo a civic, integra or accord and have a wider choice in parts. The alero may not have vast amount of parts, but it does provide a unique platform to work off, and in the end customizing cars is all about one thing.

Setting yourself out from the rest of the pack............

live above the norm my friend.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #37
02AleroEco
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
Over all it comes down to one thing,

Personal prefrence. I love air ride, but i also wish there was a nicely made, decently affordable coil over as well, just for diffrent options.

I do have to say, if you have such a bad taste about olds, why do you own one. For the cost of the alero, you could scoop uo a civic, integra or accord and have a wider choice in parts. The alero may not have vast amount of parts, but it does provide a unique platform to work off, and in the end customizing cars is all about one thing.

Setting yourself out from the rest of the pack............

live above the norm my friend.

The only reason i got an alero, was because at the time, i didnt have alot of money, and it was a nice first car.. at first i like it, but itve had nothing but problems with it. maybe im the unlucky one..

And im sure i probably could have gotten a civic. but i just dislike hondas.

But all teh bull aside. im gonna wait on lowering, just cuz of pot holes n shit.. but for the Stuts. Since its FWD, i plan on getting Monroe Sensa-trak, for the front, and gas-matic in the back.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #38
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
First you said you want to lower, now you say you going to wait, what answer are you looking for? You haven't search hard enough yet if, you think there are no support for aleros. There are support, it just time consuming and very difficult but the support is there.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #39
bdyman
GLS member

mechanically i have not had a problem at all, and hoistory with oldsmobile?? dude c`mon look at the 442, linda vaughn is called miss hurst shifter, i dunno about this guy, how could you not like a manufactuer that was around for 100 plus yrs??

best is pulling up to some ricer at my ride height and he said "ha, im lower then you" and you just hit the switch and make then feel like an idiot

and yes coilovers FTL, ur gonna cry about the ride quality and how u could have had air for like another 800$

oh ya he will mine were custom made and i wanted to shot my self just to end the pain, he will find out when the ride is jarring his kidneys loose
Old 07-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #40
02AleroEco
GL Member

thats what you think.

plus with coils you dont need to worry bout the possibility ofa leak in the line, or blowing the compressor.