Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-24-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Bmorezcmunee is on a distinguished road
hydrolock?

so i just got home from an extremely bad thunderstorm. raining cats and dogs and hard. anyway....as im driving through the beat up and pitted streets of baltimore.... i remembered my CAI in my fenderwell. as soon as i think about it my car starts jerking from taking water into the intake. i come to a red light and the car cuts off. this is the first time this has ever happened but then i have never been in a rainstorm that bad with a CAI with my HO. does anyone think it was just the engine sucking in water or a bigger issue?
Bmorezcmunee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
it shouldnt really be hydrolocked
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
um, engine sucking in water would BE the bigger issue. that WILL ruin it.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:47 AM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
yes, hydrolock is a possibility in this case. Pull ALL of the plugs at one time (making a note of which came from what cylinder, check them for moisture, and crank the engine over, watch for water to spit out the plug holes. Also, check for film (water) in the oil.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:32 AM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
i've gone though such terrible weather for 6 hours straight with my CAI without any issues. you cannot suck up water unless you go through a puddle deep enough to cause the end of your tubing to be submerged in the water. and long enough to have it get to the engine.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

well it does start up fine now. just wondering if anyone had an experience similar to this
Old 07-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #7
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
I would just change your oil and filter to be safe. Maybe get yourself a AEM bypass Valve so it doesn't happen again.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtolds View Post
I would just change your oil and filter to be safe. Maybe get yourself a AEM bypass Valve so it doesn't happen again.

what i suck some seafoam into the intake to disperse any water? you think that would help? and put some in the oil?
Old 07-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtolds View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmorezcmunee View Post
what i suck some seafoam into the intake to disperse any water? you think that would help? and put some in the oil?

Your response had absolutely nothing to do with what he suggested.

He said CHANGE YOUR OIL AND FILTER. he said nothing about adding seafoam to your oil. He said nothing about sucking some seafoam into the intake. However, you can suck whatever you want into wherever you want for all I care.

That means dump all of your oil out, put a new filter on, and then refill with oil.

If you aren't going to be able to correctly interpret intelligent solutions, please don't ask questions.

Seafoam is primarily for cleaning off sludge, debris and buildup in your intake tract and fuel system.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Damn BlackJack you are on a pwning spree.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #11
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Your response had absolutely nothing to do with what he suggested.

He said CHANGE YOUR OIL AND FILTER. he said nothing about adding seafoam to your oil. He said nothing about sucking some seafoam into the intake. However, you can suck whatever you want into wherever you want for all I care.

That means dump all of your oil out, put a new filter on, and then refill with oil.

If you aren't going to be able to correctly interpret intelligent solutions, please don't ask questions.

Seafoam is primarily for cleaning off sludge, debris and buildup in your intake tract and fuel system.

maybe if you paid attention to what i was suggesting you wouldnt have a dumbass remark. seafoam disperses water because it is petroleum. only a logical question. now why you dont think that is intelligent....i have no idea. maybe you should take an IQ test you retard.

<-------------BlackJack

kill yourself
Old 07-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #12
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
oh, god just lock this. Nothing good is going to come from this topic now.

Bmorezcunee your just egging it on. Let it roll of your shoulders and you will have a better experience on here.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

yeah im a long time viewer before joining finally. i know how it gets here but that wasnt even called for. he basically said i was not intelligent because i thought outside the box. if i saw petroleum disperses water and we are talking about hydrolocking , lets put 2 and 2 together. just cause hes having a bad day doesnt mean i need to hear it. who skips over key parts in a complete sentence anyway? what school did this 'tard go to.....
Old 07-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #14
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
What Vtold recommended and what you asked are two completely different things. If you asked your question outright instead of quoting Vtolds, it wouldn't have sounded like you were coming from left field.

On to the issue at hand...I had something similar happen and it cleared itself out. But I think Vtolds had the best advice for you so far. I don't think seafoam will help you with your issue as BJ was explaining it's more for sludge and buildup. Seafoam isn't WD-40.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #15
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Easy! man dont take that road with anyone on here! everyone on here is a friend with each other! you mess with one you mess with all! (not speaking for anyone because ive seen some pretty bad fights on here) just take it easy and be cool! i dont know much about intakes because i dont have one for this reson(i am afraid of sucking water into my motor) but alot of other people do and just listen to them...they know ALOT!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #16
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:

why kill myself when I can laugh at you. If you don't want to sound retarded, then learn to proof-read your posts before hitting the submit button, you silly little shit.

I read your post three times, and still got the same message.

try this: "what IF i suck some seafoam into the intake......"

That makes it sound more like a new question.

effin noobs.

Quote:
yeah im a long time viewer before joining finally. i know how it gets here but that wasnt even called for. he basically said i was not intelligent because i thought outside the box. if i saw petroleum disperses water and we are talking about hydrolocking , lets put 2 and 2 together. just cause hes having a bad day doesnt mean i need to hear it. who skips over key parts in a complete sentence anyway? what school did this 'tard go to.....

I went to the school that learned if you have liquid in a cylinder that causes hydrolock, not to add MORE liquid to it. who's the 'tard now?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #17
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

effin noobs.

roffhms!
Old 07-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #18
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Quote:
why kill myself when I can laugh at you. If you don't want to sound retarded, then learn to proof-read your posts before hitting the submit button, you silly little shit.

I read your post three times, and still got the same message.

try this: "what IF i suck some seafoam into the intake......"

That makes it sound more like a new question.

effin noobs.

I went to the school that learned if you have liquid in a cylinder that causes hydrolock, not to add MORE liquid to it. who's the 'tard now?

and what is your degree in? a Masters in Menstruation Reenactment? why dont you just admit your little outburst earlier was ignorant and uncalled for? and in case you didnt learn at school for the socially inept that seafoam is PETROLEUM. water and oil a 2 different things.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #19
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

lock lock lock lock lock!!
Old 07-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #20
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
lock lock lock lock lock!!

yes please lock this thread. Blackjack is on his period and his tampon is all soaked up