Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
coolant yse or no

my coolant level raises near 3 quaters high at a long red light. i have a 180tstat in there and coolant was flushed. i checked for oir leaks bleed the coolant line everything there paned out. also when i take my overflow top off theres no pressure hot or cold ever any pressure. are any of these statements a concern? or is this just the way it is. when im driving normal long trips it stays right under the halfmark. idk input appretiated.
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
water pump or clogged rad......

happened to me b4..Fan work?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
irondiezl3
GLS member

um never tried to see i know that the water pump just replaced at gm. and that got new coolant.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
hmmmmm prob......damn..does your fan work?

it only happens at a stoplight for an extended period of time?

need more info
Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
irondiezl3
GLS member

what would ne the issue maninly the no pressure on overflow cap or needle getting so high at a red light?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #6
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

do you mean the cap directly on the rad or the bottle?

and im not really concerned about the pressure until i find out if its the bottle...because the bottles arent supposed to have pressure thats what makes them be able to be opened to check the fluid and add flud if overheating
Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
irondiezl3
GLS member

wel if i turn on heat fullblast i can watch that puppy sore right back down to normal temp. when normal driving, temp the guage is fine , yes the cap on radioator overflow bottle never pressure in it. really good one less thing to worry about the cap says danger 15psi

Last edited by irondiezl3 : 08-12-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
wel if i turn on heat fullblast i can watch that puppy sore right back down to normal temp. when normal driving, temp the guage is fine , yes the cap on radioator overflow bottle never pressure in it.

ok.. it sounds normal except for slight overheating....ok....so do you know if your fan works? because if you turn heat on and it sends the needle down then the fan most likely is not working

check fuse if there is one(not sure)

if that fine then maybe fan motor is toast

also check to see if blades spin freely
Old 08-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
irondiezl3
GLS member

so basically when the 180 stat does its job maybe the fan isnt doing its by coming on? and if so it might be just a fuse?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

maybe....most likely its the fan one way or another....can u check now? just start it and let it idle a til the gauge goes up and when it does does the fan come on? i want to go from there..

check with hood open, the fans are kinda quiet
Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #11
irondiezl3
GLS member

ok my cars still at temp now roughly with a 180t in it when should fans kick on anything after halfway?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #12
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

oh yea......it should kick in right at the half....let it go for a little past and if it does with no fan we will go from there
Old 08-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #13
irondiezl3
GLS member

ok be back in literally 4 minutes
Old 08-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #14
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

ok hope its not working because thats the cheapest thing to fix
Old 08-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #15
irondiezl3
GLS member

ok all the way to three quaters still no fans wtf i checked all my fuses none of them blown. now what?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #16
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

fan motor blown.....gotta get a new one! ill see what i can scrap up...WAIT!! check the connections to the fan motor! CAREFUL IT WILL START!! EVEN WHEN CAR OFF!!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #17
irondiezl3
GLS member

where r they right near the fans? check for what corrosion disconnected? howcome heater turns them on. and a blower motor can i fix that myself?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #18
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

connection on fan motor.....like the clip connection to the fan motor?? see it it fell out
Old 08-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #19
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

and BTW the heating system has coolant running through it....thats how it makes heat...it removes it from the coolant...so therefore doing the fans job..its not turning on the fans the blower motor is doing the fans job lol.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #20
irondiezl3
GLS member

checking now is this a coistly repair? connections all good. hmmmm.

Last edited by irondiezl3 : 08-12-2008 at 11:00 PM.