Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 08-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #21
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
prob not.....i gotta see
Old 08-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #22
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
KK ittl be 120 for the parts alone.....unless u have electrical problems with fan relay's or stuff..

here is new fans

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-R...Z1218596365774
Old 08-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #23
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

hmmm only wat to see if you go out(i know its late but you could blow up ur engine if this does not get fixed) take pics off deep down into the fan shroud area and i will be able to tell if its got problems and too see what type of shroud it is
Old 08-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #24
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

strange....
Old 08-12-2008, 11:32 PM   #25
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

got to be fuse.....or motors.....well bring it to stealership and see what they say
Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #26
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
did you just post 5 times in a row without a response.. or am I missing something

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #27
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

i know..im a moron!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:04 AM   #28
jwateland
GX Member

jwateland is on a distinguished road
i've read a lot of people having this problem including me and it's normal for the alero. if you want to check if yor fans work then start your car and turn on your a/c your fans in the engine bay should start up. if they don't the they aren't working. i believe the best way to keep it cooler is to upgrade your cooling system possibly intercooler.
jwateland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #29
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

his fans dont work. period....
Old 08-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #30
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
if the fans don't come on with the a\c you need a need fan motor. it might only be one tho, there is a low speed 1 and a high speed 1.
and it shouldn't cost you $120, esp if its just one. both shouldn't quit at the same time anyways, there must be another problem if they both don't work all of a sudden. it cost me somewhere around $50 for one fan motor if i remember right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwateland View Post
i believe the best way to keep it cooler is to upgrade your cooling system possibly intercooler.
um, you do know intercoolers r for turbos and shit right?
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:23 AM   #31
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
The fans don't come on instantly with the A/C. It has to reach a certain high-side pressure before they will come on.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 AM   #32
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
sorry guys i fell asleep work till 5 im gunna check the ac thing. what if they both work with ac on? then cant be motors right? last night i had it three quaters temp guage no fan kick on.
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #33
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
could be a bad water pump or sticking thermostat. my understanding is the low speed fan doesnt turn on until the thermostat opens. if the thermostat is sticking closed under idle load then the fans wont turn on. when you are driving the car the water pump is obviously spinning faster and able to overcome the stickiness of the thermostat. if that makes any sense lol
Old 08-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #34
irondiezl3
GLS member

well i tried the ac thing. they come on when ac is on so what does that rule out the fan motors? they still dont come on when it idles thought so i could be overworking my new waterpump if my thermo isnt working properly its brand new also? could it have been not installed properly wouldnt that cause leakes i mean how can u mess up a thermostat install.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #35
Midgear
on vacation

^^^ put it in backwards?

exactly how hot does it get without the A/C on while idling? what's the highest point its gotten to? Mine has reached the 3/4 mark before even with the 180 Tstat.. then the cooling fans kick on and drop it to below half-

Last edited by Midgear : 08-13-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:48 PM   #36
irondiezl3
GLS member

3/4 but the fans dont ever come on. even tho it stops at 3/4 idk what stops it from going higher but its deffinantly not the fans. its just amazing how fast it goes from regular temp a little below half to 3/4 i mean were talking one red light thats all it takes u can watch thi bastard slowly move up average probably 2 minutes idk maybe thats just how the car is im sure id get a ses or overheat if it was a huge concern. maybe its the dexcool i heard is sux at cooling the car down?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #37
Midgear
on vacation

3/4 ... right on top of the 3/4 notch or right below / above it?

let it sit and idle and see if it'll pass the 3/4 mark without the fans coming on.. if it does.. turn on the A/C and let it cool it down- I wouldn't shut the engine off at that high of a temp..

Old 08-14-2008, 12:22 AM   #38
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

ok so that rules out fan motors.......you may want to get thermostat replaced again but DO IT YOURSELF
Old 08-14-2008, 01:14 AM   #39
irondiezl3
GLS member

it never passes 3/4 mark ever right on it. and i have checked multiple times deffinantly no fans. but if its normal at idle for a 180 to still hit 3/4 then im assuming im ok then?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 AM   #40
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Does your upper radiator hose get hot? I would check the coolant temperature with a scan-tool just to make sure that what is on the gauge is really correct.

The thermostat is irrelevant to whether or not the fans come on. The fans are solely controlled via the PCM based on the coolant temperature sensor or the A/C pressure (or sometimes IATs when you turn it off). There is only one coolant temperature sensor which is connected to the PCM. The PCM sends the coolant temp signal to the instrument panel via the Class 2 data bus, so theoretically the sensor is working correctly, but why is the PCM not turning on the fans...
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote