Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Headers and Exhaust

Will these headers go with the pacesetter exhaust on the same site?

http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=347

Could someone explain the benefit of new headers please?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Far superior flow, superior sound.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Overall difficulty of install? What kind of sound performance upgrade are we looking at?

I am glad one of the aleromod gods has answered...lol. I bow down before thee expertise. Haha.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Misuseofyou
GL Member

Misuseofyou is on a distinguished road
That was gay.

Youtube the pacesetter exhaust kit and you wont be interested anymore.
Misuseofyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Paying double gets you to borla...and I don't really feel like piecing a custom pipe with a muffler. What would you suggest?

Are the headers and exhaust compatible? I don't want to waste money on one if they overlap one another.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

xstrong4lifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xstrong4lifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Paying double gets you to borla...and I don't really feel like piecing a custom pipe with a muffler. What would you suggest?

Are the headers and exhaust compatible? I don't want to waste money on one if they overlap one another.

Pacesetter Header.
Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler.

Thats how I am going Ion told me too.
xstrong4lifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
mfuller

Yes, the headers and exhaust are perfectly compatible.
Headers are a bit of a pain to install; the catback isn't too bad.
And before you ask, yes, you should spring for the ceramic coating for the headers and the flex/cat combo.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
This is a V6 people, the pacesetter exhaust sounds great on it. Any of the available headers sound great on it too.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstrong4lifex View Post
Pacesetter Header.
Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler.

Thats how I am going Ion told me too.

Pacesetter makes headers as well? Sounds like a lot of people don't like the monza catback...
Old 02-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Pacesetter makes headers as well? Sounds like a lot of people don't like the monza catback...

I've heard they sound rice... youtube it.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #11
mfuller

Pacesetter makes a header (singular) for the 4-cylinder cars. Techically, they also make 3400 V6 headers, but they aren't designed to fit the N-platform (Alero and Grand Am).
The Monza catback is okay, as long as you realize that it's constructed from mild steel and will corrode rather quickly, especially if you live and drive in the rust belt.
You get what you pay for.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I'll be in Texas next year. Not much snow or salt out there. So I'm guessing the monza and v6 creates a much nicer rumble. I don't want to be loud and annoying, just rich and strong sounding if you get my jist I guess. What is the monza pacesetter diameter? They just say it is 16 guage...
Old 02-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstrong4lifex View Post
I've heard they sound rice... youtube it.

no, the pacesetter cat-back is what sounds horrible

the header is fine...
Old 02-24-2009, 09:42 PM   #14
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
no, the pacesetter cat-back is what sounds horrible

the header is fine...

I thought he wast talking about the cat-back.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #15
mfuller

Pacesetter cat-back on a V6 sounds okay, but not recommended on a 4-cylinder.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

should've added, on the 4 cylinders... on the V6 it's fine.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #17
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
videos of what my car sounds like with COLD AIR INTAKE and PACESETTER (catback) EXHAUST.. note that I have the 3400 V6, using this exhaust on a 2.4 or 2.2L is NOT recommended.

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...nt=woot005.flv

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...ainment002.flv

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #18
[ion] C2
636 whp

Here's what the Pacesetter cat-back sounds like on the 2.4L.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRHWaCCnqXE

LOL
Old 02-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #19
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
^ the horror LOL

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #20
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
idk HOW MANY TIMES i have to tell people about the pacesetter exhaust. (use the search button and look up "pacesetter exhaust v6" or something like that.....)

Anyways, it sounds AMAZING on my car. Nice low rumble, NO raspy sound. I have had the exhaust on my car for about 2 years now and its holding up good (remember i live in NY so we get A LOT of salt on the roads). The exhaust is going to rust from the inside out, it should last a while. There is really no reason in buying borla or slp. If your pacesetter rots out in 2-3 years, buy another one. For only $230 you cant go wrong