Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 06-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #101
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
I only use mobile 1, going to be running full synthetic in the new engine

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan

Last edited by Alerojester : 06-21-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #102
Alerojester
GL Member

So since the engine i have is out of a 97 what all do i have to do to get it to work CORRECTLY in my 01?????????? because i'm running on next to nothing for a budget unfortunately i am trying to get it done without spending a lot of money cause i want to have it done and running before ASS '13 so i can make that trip and meet all of my fellow modders

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #103
Alerojester
GL Member

so i have returned to with no engine AGAIN and now i have a honest question does my LD9 have an egr or no??? cause there's a parts car at the local dealership that we could pick up for cheap all i need is the engine the rest is all scrap weight PLEASE someone respond... and if it does have an egr where would i look to see

Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #104
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
NO egr on your car...
I didn't had it on my 00 and my 01
and 99 and older doesn't have the same knock sensor...

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/

Last edited by guiguilandry : 12-03-2012 at 03:35 PM.
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #105
Alerojester
GL Member

thanks, ik i sound like a dumb ass asking all these questions but im just so frustrated with having an engine then not then finding one and then it gets sold, im hoping that we can get the parts car and get my car to my shop and get it running i really miss my ho

Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #106
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
your here to learn, its okay. people are here to answer questions.

good luck, hope you have it running soon.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #107
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
there's no scrap yards around you with them? I had like 10 different 3500's to choose from when i was getting mine. lol

BTW....no EGR on those!? wtf? lol. Why do the 3400's have it and not the 2.4?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #108
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
my 3400 doesnt have EGR
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #109
Alerojester
GL Member

Ok so I JUST bought the engine for my baby $500 and its got like 100,000 miles on it now to wait a few more months then its going in after I do timing set and water pump then its gonna be running again and I'll get my 4th rim fixed and then it'll be 18's and running

Old 01-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #110
sleepyalero
GLS member

Does 100k mile motor really run that high?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #111
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Does 100k mile motor really run that high?

Seems like more money than it should be.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #112
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
probably depends on the part of country you live in, over here in michigan I would pay that for one, but then again I have never had to do that, and I really dont know lol...
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #113
Alerojester
GL Member

i live in iowa and i bought it from the mechanic across the road he's awfully proud to take money, but he's gonna do the timing chain and water pump for me so all i need to do is drop it in i guess that's part of the $500 i paid for it

Old 07-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #114
Alerojester
GL Member

Well I'm back again with yet again no engine, the guy I bought it from sold it for $200 and well I'm stuck finding another engine!! But I can at least say I sort of have my cai planned and routed and I have 2 of my 18's on it looks damn good for having just 2 rims on it lol

Old 07-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #115
sleepyalero
GLS member

What a shame...
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #116
Alerojester
GL Member

I will have to post a picture of it afer i get the other 2 18's on and the engine in when i find another one i will take it out and get it washed its filthy from sitting and becoming a jungle gym to my 14y/o nephew and his stupid buddies i have to repaint my car pop some dents out and fill a dent about 1/8 inch from my back glass, on a plus side i have ran my power wire which is 2ga, cleared my corners, started putting led bulbs in everywhere i can when i get the money to buy them, now just to get a new engine found and bought then new rubber on the 18's and the body work and it will be a hell of alot better

Old 11-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #117
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
theres wrench and go in des moines i use to go to when i lived there they always had aleros and grand ams with the 2.4 i dont know where you are located at in iowa but i know just of wrench and go they charge a dollar to get in well use to when i lived there have not been there in a while its on the south side of downtown kinda im planning on coming back soon to visit and if your on my way to des moines i could stop and say hi!

2004 olds alero R.I.P 242,500
1995 f-150 5.0v8 5sp 143,xxx(redneck truck)
Now searching for a new Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
He no crazy, he WIALERO!!
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #118
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
and if ya have the motor i could help put it in to while i am down there

Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #119
Alerojester
GL Member

I live in Cedar Rapids right off I380, on the sw side, im seriously kicking myself in the ass for selling my engine because the engine I had only had like 100k or so on it

Old 11-02-2013, 02:05 AM   #120
WIALERO
GL Member

You should have kept it damit!

Quote: