Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #41
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
it is wrecked because of weather conditions, not poor choices. I was going 60 on a 65mph highway when i hydroplaned into a guard rail. don't try to call someone out unless you know the story.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #42
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
sympathy is in the dictionary between "oh shit, a highspeed blowout" and "tell the family we need them to identify the body"

Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 PM   #43
sfi3400
GL Member

sfi3400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sfi3400 Send a message via Yahoo to sfi3400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post
it is wrecked because of weather conditions, not poor choices. I was going 60 on a 65mph highway when i hydroplaned into a guard rail. don't try to call someone out unless you know the story.

yes but a driver should know how to control in a emergency, yes that sucks but i hydroplaned before and i got out of it thats what they teach you in DRIVERS ED you should try it
Old 02-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #44
Ttop191
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfi3400 View Post
yes but a driver should know how to control in a emergency, yes that sucks but i hydroplaned before and i got out of it thats what they teach you in DRIVERS ED you should try it

are you so ignorant that you are unaware that some situations can not be saved? hydroplaning with all four wheels = no saving possible. Don't try to come after me just because i shot you down for being a stupid teenager. You should be thanking me for attempting to save your life.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:25 PM   #45
sfi3400
GL Member

im not really trying to be a prick here though man i just said when i hydroplaned i got out of it. yes it sucks i have been in accidents when my friend was in it and it sucks. its good your ok and stinks ur car didnt make it.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #46
Ttop191
GLS member

yeah well at 110 I highly doubt you will be as lucky, I'm not trying to be a prick just use some common sense and don't kill yourself, or anyone else for that matter. If you want to blow your money on HPTuners fine, If you want to blow your engine the eff up fine, if you want to go 110+ and have the appropriate mods fine, but DO NOT do this on public roads or else there will be very bad consequences in the end. I suggest you learn more about the car before you go and try something stupid like that. Learn to like the car and you won't need to go that fast in order to enjoy it. Just some words of advice because trust me, you WILL miss it when it is gone.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #47
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
I'm glad I'm not from Ohio because this kid is making you Ohioians(?) look like douche bags.

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
Old 02-25-2010, 11:55 PM   #48
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #49
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #50
Fenderxcore
GL Member

Fenderxcore is on a distinguished road
Not My Vtec!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #51
bdyman
GLS member

Old 02-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #52
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
regardless, doing anything over 100 on a highway is excessive and would be highly illegal, you are lucky when you were doing 106 you didn't get your car impounded.....anyways the rules read......

Aleromod.com does not condone or encourage street racing. Illegal street races are dangerous to yourselves and all the innocent bystanders you come in contact with. We have seen that posting street race stories leads to unnecessary debating and flame wars.

and i consider high speed runs a street race so no more.....or infractions will be handed out...
Old 02-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #53
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow this guy's a dumbass.

I didn't feel like reading the whole deal but the spark ramp out is actually at 106. My tires can handle 186+ MPH, but that doesn't mean the axles or anything else in the rotating assembly can. There is a lot of force being applied trying to pull the rotating components apart, and unless they can take it, expect a catastrophic failure. I've gone to 130 MPH for a sec once during tuning just for the hell of it, but slowed down quickly primarily because I'd rather not hit a pothole, have a blowout, or have a tie rod end come loose at that speed.

Quote:
im almost 20 and i sold my ws6 because i started at kent state and driving a 6spd on the highway in winter would be bad especially a rearwheel drive that is pushing 350hp.
Oh shit 350HP. Learn to drive if you can't handle a little snow in your MONSTEROUSLY powerful Trans Am.
Quote:
and the only ticket i EVER got was when i was 16 and it was a 106 in a 70 in West Virginia
Lack of tickets does NOT indicate that you're a good driver. It just means you're lucky. I haven't gotten any tickets and I've done some things that could've landed me some big fines or caused some serious damage.
Quote:
Yeah you're the best driver that's ever lived. Driver's Ed sure prepared you for anything and everything you'll ever see on the road. You must've done a significant amount of hours of training in handling various terrains and conditions at varying speeds and turn angles. Let me throw some ice down in front of you as you're going 70 MPH and someone cuts you off and see you "control" that emergency.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:36 AM   #54
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
first time seeing the thread, but when a cop is calls ahead to clear the road and is with you, it is legal. I don't know why you guys are flaming this newb so much, we have all done it at one point in time. If you go that fast with other cars around and when its illegal, yes its very stupid then and then he deserves all this. But when its legal and a clear road, go for it. There are risk factors in everything you do, don't call him stupid for him posing no danger to anybody else only himself.

BUT, for the times you went that fast without the road being cleared, your are a complete tool. 150 on a populated road? thats just asking to kill someone. I also love speed, and set my cruise sometimes at 15 over, but even that i agree is stupid to a degree. When i first got my license at 14 i toped out every car i drove, till i realized how stupid and careless i was being and slowed the eff down.

and the hydroplaning, yea sure you can regain control lots of times if it doesn't get to far out. But sometimes it does get to far out and there is nothing you can do about it at that poin you are just along for the ride. So quit being a dumbass and saying you can always recover, your aren't God. its like ice, it has a mind of its own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
regardless, doing anything over 100 on a highway is excessive and would be highly illegal, you are lucky when you were doing 106 you didn't get your car impounded
yep, at that speed your are supposed to hand over your license, and get charged with attempted suicide, attempted manslaughter, and wreckless driving.

Last edited by jayson_waltz : 02-26-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #55
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Look, Ma, no speed limiter. Here's my trophy from age 19:

good luck
Old 02-26-2010, 01:36 AM   #56
sfi3400
GL Member

anyway i wasnt inferring to get my gov chip off and top out till my car is in shreds i was saying just how can i get it off so if i ask my friend's dad again after i get the mods to see what it could do. Yes everyone i mean EVERYONE and dont say you didnt when u get a new car you want to see what it can do you want to see its 0-60 0-100, that doesnt mean get on 77 south and floor it and see how fast you can get to south carolina. when i got to 108-110 i slowed down because even if my tires are rated at 130+ my car isnt a nascar and cant handle being at that speed long and the way gas is i cant afford it. so all you flames jumping on my cas if you would of took the time to sit the f down and talk instead of jumping on my case you would of heard the story, now im going to bed peace
Old 02-26-2010, 01:44 AM   #57
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Quote:
im not man chill out i asked a simple question. there wasnt a reason to get this mad, over a question if i wanna go fast its my car not yours dam. and thank you heineck

It's Your car, but it's OUR lives, OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES that you endanger when you're moving at speeds like that and eff up and slam into them.

If you want to kill yourself, Go for it. Don't take our Families with you.

You'll kill someone someday, and I hope you survive so that you have to live with the guilt of your stupidity.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #58
sfi3400
GL Member

again i have a state highway cop with me and a WIDE OPEN ROAD

so that means NO FAMILIES GETTING HIT just the possibility of BAMBIE which would suck but i think other people have killed bambie enough times around here that shes/he is dead
Old 02-26-2010, 02:09 AM   #59
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
dood just let it die
Old 02-26-2010, 02:13 AM   #60
sfi3400
GL Member

i was my dude but everyone keeps hitting me so i hit back, like they acting like im going to hit they fam like no im not. if you read all the times i have goen fast is when i had a open road i have balls but not stupid ball to do that when people are in my way or rush hour or in the city. some one clos ethis thread please