Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
Amanda02
GX Member

Amanda02 is on a distinguished road
Deer vs Alero

Hi guys,

I am new to the Alero Forums. I have had my alero for almost a year and love it. I was crusing at 60mph when a deer runs out and hits my front fender bounces on the windshields and flys off. I am thankfull to have survived the crash as the deer should have been through my windshield. But now I got major roof damage. I only have liabilty so I am on my own to fix her. I am hoping the roof can be pulled back and possibly have a new roof skin welded on. What do you guys think? I most likely will be repainting the car since I have to get the roof and fender fixed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg misc 074.jpg (63.3 KB, 244 views)
Amanda02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
tell me the deer died and if it didn't you got out of the car and killed it with your bare hands.. that really sucks dude
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
Amanda02
GX Member

Killed the buck on contact, he was a 4 pointer and one set of his horns was on the floor of my car. I was covered in glass and deer hair as well as my car. My fiance's dad does bodywork and he said he will fix it for me. I am worried the roof damage may be too bad to fix.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
I think Amanda is not a dude... anywayz glad you are ok, could of been much worse. Seems like it can be fix, and comparing to another deer hits this one was lucky.

Last edited by Vic28 : 07-13-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Vic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
yea the roof looks way too creased to be straightened back out
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Old 07-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
alero_bmxer
GL Member

Quote:
I think Amanda is not a dude...

i call all my friends that are girls dude lol

Old 07-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
Amanda02
GX Member

Yeah Im not a dude but its all good lol

If it was up to me I would give the roof a slight chopped top.

I didnt pay much for the car but am hoping it can be fixed. I had a 2001 Mustang GT before this car and liked the Alero much better for the gas mileage and the V6 pulls along pretty well in the car.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
as long as your alright i guess that is all that matters

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #9
mbeals
GX Member

mbeals is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear you are alright and glad you only got coated with hair. Deer tend to act like armor piercing rounds when they hit windshields.....penetrate and explode.
mbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #10
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
it can be fixed, but it needs to be pulled back structually once the roof is cut off hes gonna have to fix the support beams up front, and possibly both a-pillars, but all that will come back once pulled on a frame rack
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
Amanda02
GX Member

Thanks bdyman its good to know my car has some hope yet!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #12
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
Welcome!

Real glad you're OK, that was quite a hit!

I've hit a total of three with my Malibu (same basic car) and finally ended up with a complete bodykit. Most were a bit slower but still no fun. As far as your car doing it right will take a fair amount of effort but it will end up fine. Suggestion - if the entire roof is going to be replaced you may want to look at getting a sunroof version...
widbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 AM   #13
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Wow, that's one heck of an impact from a deer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by widbyj View Post
Suggestion - if the entire roof is going to be replaced you may want to look at getting a sunroof version...

That's exactly what I was thinking!!
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:38 AM   #14
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Isn't every car fixable? It's just a matter of being worth it? Doesn't look to bad (minus the roof...). Also looks like you'll need to replace the windshield wiper stuff too...

Kinda amazing how the deer hit the side of your car, hit the windshield, tore of the roof, but the hood looks like it doesn't have a scratch on it!
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:08 AM   #15
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Wausau Ehhhhhh? Have you seen me or RowdyRandy cruising around?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:49 AM   #16
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Damn I've had my battle with a deer years ago. Glad you are ok....now get yourself some grown up insurance when you get her fix.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #17
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Was it this deer?
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/ju.../The_Deer_Man/
Old 07-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #18
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
That dude is gay....and I feel slightly gay for watching it....LOL!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #19
gerry
GX Member

gerry is on a distinguished road
Wow! Glad to hear you are ok. That's a very bad hit.

Now that the roof is being replaced you could consider a convertible top or sun roof.

What happened to the dear? Are you going to eat it or sell it to someone who will? Seriously!
gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #20
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Obligatory:

I'll buff right out!
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote