Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #21
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
It is usually $50-$100 for 3 pulls
Old 03-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #22
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
......................... Until then, this is the best thing out there for our 3.4s.

I think I would go with them too, if I needed headers right away. The location for the oxygen sensor actually looks better in the Pacesetters than the other two, and that is important. I'm not seeing where the EGR is going to hook up, though.......
Old 03-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #23
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
who needs EGR?
Old 03-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #24
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
who needs EGR?

Somebody without tuning capability, or in some states where you just gotta have it to pass smog tests.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #25
kwhauck
2Screwy

You don't need EGR to pass smog test, I passed in Colorado with the charger with no problems......
Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #26
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Yeah, it's my daily driver so I need it legit. I'll let the mechs figure that one out though. I couldn't tell you where each thing goes anyway because I've never examined it that far or closely.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:10 AM   #27
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
I'm not seeing where the EGR is going to hook up, though.......

It's hangin' off the one primary like a wart. The rear header is upside down in the pics.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #28
kwhauck
2Screwy

Good eye cliff! I didn't look very closely at the pacesetter pics....
Old 03-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #29
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
It's hangin' off the one primary like a wart. The rear header is upside down in the pics.

Lol my bad. Just kind of did a mish mash piece together. It is at the shop now and hopefully complete in a few hours. As long as someone doesn't break into my car and steal them out the back...which is possible for this kind of neighborhood.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #30
kwhauck
2Screwy

lol.......right, cuz everybody is running around looking for alero headers to steal out of somebodies car........lol
Old 03-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #31
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
most thieves don't care what it is or where it goes, as long as its worth money....
Old 03-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #32
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Probably just has to be shiny, not even worth money.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #33
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Probably just has to be shiny, not even worth money.

Indeed. Someone send me their e-mail who has a youtube account. I'll send a video and they can upload. Can't figure out my old youtube password.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #34
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
^ ttop191@gmail.com i'll throw it on YT for you
Old 03-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #35
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Much appreciated. I'll get it to you asap.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #36
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I got them back and...not sure how I feel. Sound hasn't changed that much, no difference in feeling, just a lot of engine surging when I am idling, and of course: now I have a check engine light. Anyone know what that is about?

sending the video now.

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 03-22-2011 at 09:07 PM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #37
mfuller

You have chaged the airflow dramatically, and so now you probably need a tune. Any leaks would explain the surging, and may be the source of the CEL.
Can you pull the code for the CEL?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #38
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
I got them back and...not sure how I feel. Sound hasn't changed that much, no difference in feeling, just a lot of engine surging when I am idling, and of course: now I have a check engine light. Anyone know what that is about?

sending the video now.

You may have a vacuum leak or a sensor not plugged back in.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #39
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Vacuum leaks around the headers? Or other? And how the heck do I find them? I do not have a scanner to pull a code and I work 12s the next two days so I won't even be able to get it near a shop. CEL?

It only has that one sensor right? I saw that it was plugged in. However, with these headers you do have to extend the electrical line to have the sensor reach-which they did.

I also have nice puddle of radiator fluid that is coming from the passenger side somewhere and not the water pump. Somewhere lower.

Overall, I am pretty effing pissed. I am uploading the video now so hopefully you can get a better look.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #40
mfuller

Check
Engine
Light

You could have a leaky header gasket.....you could have a leak around one of the joints, a leak at the EGR tube, a leak at the O2 sensor (did they use a proper harness to extend the wires???). Also, Pacesetter headers are notorious for leaking at the Y-pipe.

The coolant could be coming from the water tower, or the heater bypass hose that is press-fit into the LIM.....