Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #41
JD1
GX Member

JD1 is on a distinguished road
The matte black is just what it is just a flat look, it's not going to last very long. It will go to full paint come winter so come spring time it will be show ready
Old 08-10-2015, 12:04 AM   #42
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
We'll see what happens, right now I still have to focus on finishing her up so I can actually drive her before the winter comes.

I'm just stocked to have gotten the kit and have been able to finish it without any major issues. Especially with all the hype around the fitment.

Yeah, I hear ya there man. I'm sure you're anxious to get her on some pavement. I know I would be lol.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
Old 08-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #43
JD1
GX Member

Yea I am, just got s bunch of new parts on order to get it on the road. The exhaust is the biggest thing, super 44 is on order so hopefully I can't get everything button up soon
Old 08-14-2015, 01:35 PM   #44
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Decided to take her for a ride, still waiting for the exhaust to be done so couldn't go far...don't mind the cheesy exhaust strap hanging it's from the old set up that was on the car when I bought it

I like how the car looks quite a bit, you've done a great job on it.
However, when I see pics of the concept cars, they look like finely polished gems. Then again, they almost look too good to be driving around in... lol.

One thing about black cars, as good as they look when properly done, is they tend to run hotter in the Summer, in my experience.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:19 PM   #45
JD1
GX Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
I like how the car looks quite a bit, you've done a great job on it.
However, when I see pics of the concept cars, they look like finely polished gems. Then again, they almost look too good to be driving around in... lol.

One thing about black cars, as good as they look when properly done, is they tend to run hotter in the Summer, in my experience.

Out of the four cars I have all are black but my 15 jeep limited, and that was because I felt the white showed the cars design better and didn't look as plain.

It does suck with my 15 frontier though, it's always dirty lol then again I wheel it constantly

Last edited by JD1 : 08-14-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:29 PM   #46
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
I see you didn't fit the rockers properly to the same as the OSV. Also it appears one side rolls under more than the other. Also the shape is not defined. The OSV rockers did NOT roll under at ALL.

Also the shape on the front bumper wasn't fixed. It is not even and not defined like the OSV.

What happen to the wing??? Did you put the ends on the wrong side or cut the ends down so much that it doesn't match the center?

I also see the sides of the rear bumper are not even. Another area to fix.

You have critized others work on this site, so you better take it also.

I'm glad to see another kit out there but it appears to be thrown on rather than making look as close as possible.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #47
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i bet if you took a big hot wet drippin steamer on your hood everyone would think it looks great
heres the thing it might make you car look better
give it shot why not
looks good
Old 08-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #48
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
i bet if you took a big hot wet drippin steamer on your hood everyone would think it looks great
heres the thing it might make you car look better
give it shot why not
looks good

Too true.

Do it.......do it.......do it
Old 08-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #49
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Crazytaxi37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Crazytaxi37
Hippopotamus!!!

It looks like the spoiler ends are turned over and on the wrong sides. Did you use the sc/t rockers?
Old 08-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #50
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Crazytaxi37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Crazytaxi37
This is what they are talking about with the rockers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3184.jpg (60.0 KB, 34 views)
Old 08-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #51
Oldsman
Owner

Or like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0238.JPG (116.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2000_oldsmobile_alero_custom_osv_2_m.jpg (41.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Oldsman : 08-15-2015 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #52
Oldsman
Owner

Or even like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SEMA 2000 - Olds Alero OSV.jpg (49.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 08-15-2015, 09:40 PM   #53
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
any questions???
but hey look great good job lol
Old 08-16-2015, 12:26 AM   #54
JD1
GX Member

Not sure if you ment the front middle opening of the bumper where it sagged lower or the fact that for some reason one side was roughly and inch lower then the other on the front bumper, if so yea that was addressed.

Hummmm weird seems to be right I could be wrong.minus the front portion sitting a little off due to trunk not being fully aligned after being taken off.

Ow and the rockets turns in to follow the curve of the wheel well since to me I don't like when the arch flattens out

You must be mistaken if you thought I was going for a OSV replica, see I never intended to use every measurement to try and replicate the exact car. Which judging by the fact I choose to do a four door, diamond stitch Black and Tan interior and well black car should probably indicate that. My apologies for the misconception

So is here where I cry out to mods about the mean ol internet people? Now run along and finish your museum piece, cause I almost shed a tear, almost. About as much as I did when I complained over and over again about my bdyman needing more and more time and and more money. I expressed such animosity and aggravation but stayed with him based on the amount of work that's already gone into it and of course my personal relationship with him, heck Scott you know what I mean right, last I heard you had that same conversation with fellow board members.

As far as bdyman comments pffff I've already got my warning, since I'm not "good friends with" blah blah wine wine I'll just laugh since just look at the source. Wouldn't want to get banned from such a booming website before such a grand unveil.

Any questions, no okey then.
Deuces ladies,

Last edited by JD1 : 08-16-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:33 AM   #55
bdyman
GLS member

no matter what you say your kit was slapped on
hacked up installed wrong very wrong
and like scot said if you can dish is and bash first better take it
once again scots car will ne unvield soon and installed correctly body lines are correct rocker moldings are correct every square inch of his car is 100percent gm accurate
so dont hate on his car and my skills
go be pissed off at the so called lol bodyman lol well blindman who installed your kit
not at us cuz all were doin is pointing out facts
and when scots car is unvield jaws will drop words will be eatin
Old 08-16-2015, 02:52 AM   #56
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You must be mistaken if you thought I was going for a OSV replica, see I never intended to use every measurement to try and replicate the exact car. Which judging by the fact I choose to do a four door, diamond stitch Black and Tan interior and well black car should probably indicate that. My apologies for the misconception

So is here where I cry out to mods about the mean ol internet people? Now run along and finish your museum piece, cause I almost shed a tear, almost. About as much as I did when I complained over and over again about my bdyman needing more and more time and and more money. I expressed such animosity and aggravation but stayed with him based on the amount of work that's already gone into it and of course my personal relationship with him, heck Scott you know what I mean right, last I heard you had that same conversation with fellow board members.

As far as bdyman comments pffff I've already got my warning, since I'm not "good friends with" blah blah wine wine I'll just laugh since just look at the source. Wouldn't want to get banned from such a booming website before such a grand unveil.

Any questions, no okey then.
Deuces ladies,

I wasn't going to chime in on your car but then you posted this statement after sending a PM asking why I hadn't commented on your cars progress.

If you were not looking for an accurate replica of the OSV kit why did you waste my time and money asking me to send you as many pictures as possible? I sent you a ton of pictures and you still didn't get it right, You had all the info in pictures and data from those that have attempted to correct the kit prior to your assembly. The spoiler fitment looks like crap IMHO. The side skirts, you read the above comments from others and speak for themselves.

The kit seems to have been thrown on quickly with no regard for accuracy or detail. What do you expect some people to say? You chose matte black which does nothing to define the beautiful lines of this kit.

Everything that was posted in previous comments above has been an accurate critic of your kits progress. You started a thread about your car and should expect some criticism whether you like it or not, especially when it comes to the OSV kit.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Old 08-16-2015, 05:59 AM   #57
JD1
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
I wasn't going to chime in on your car but then you posted this statement after sending a PM asking why I hadn't commented on your cars progress.

If you were not looking for an accurate replica of the OSV kit why did you waste my time and money asking me to send you as many pictures as possible? I sent you a ton of pictures and you still didn't get it right, You had all the info in pictures and data from those that have attempted to correct the kit prior to your assembly. The spoiler fitment looks like crap IMHO. The side skirts, you read the above comments from others and speak for themselves.

The kit seems to have been thrown on quickly with no regard for accuracy or detail. What do you expect some people to say? You chose matte black which does nothing to define the beautiful lines of this kit.

Everything that was posted in previous comments above has been an accurate critic of your kits progress. You started a thread about your car and should expect some criticism whether you like it or not, especially when it comes to the OSV kit.

I greatly appreciated the disk, and kinda recall offering to pay you for your time and costs for it.

I expected some criticism and like I have said if it comes down to "it's not OSV accurate" well that went by the way side with the four doors.

So carry on gents, no sweat off my back. I got a car I'm happy with.

Last edited by JD1 : 08-16-2015 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #58
JD1
GX Member

So I guess to I have to ask who Scott's using for the interior, what seats etc. if we're going to critique OSV body kits off the actual OSV car than we should nit pick interiors and engines.

So what are you doing for the racing seats, steering wheel and shifter since the stock ones definitely doesn't meet the OSV level, what about engine which supercharger are you using?did you have the right engine/tranny combo? Will you be doing the swap to match?

I'd be interested in your white gauges, a pillar gauges as well since I know you won't be using them.

Since you can't use your cowl hood let me know how much you want for it, cash in hand just pm me your pay pal and price, I know there super rare so I expect the price to reflect that.

Are you running brembo brakes? I mean if my rockers curling in to match the arch shape and not the OSVs fit ment is an issue I sure hope your not going to be hypocritical and all the above are done as well.

Last edited by JD1 : 08-16-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #59
JD1
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazytaxi37 View Post
This is what they are talking about with the rockers.

Did you fill in the rear center exhaust on your bumper and put duals instead? What's that extra line that runs all the way across? Love the car by the way.

Super awesome to that you confused these for the SCT sides, given the fact you initially thought it was a factory piece used. Appreciate it I find it a huge compliment when something aftermarket looks factory.

Last edited by JD1 : 08-16-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:48 AM   #60
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
So I guess to I have to ask who Scott's using for the interior, what seats etc. if we're going to critique OSV body kits off the actual OSV car than we should nit pick interiors and engines.

So what are you doing for the racing seats, steering wheel and shifter since the stock ones definitely doesn't meet the OSV level, what about engine which supercharger are you using?did you have the right engine/tranny combo? Will you be doing the swap to match?

I'd be interested in your white gauges, a pillar gauges as well since I know you won't be using them.

Since you can't use your cowl hood let me know how much you want for it, cash in hand just pm me your pay pal and price, I know there super rare so I expect the price to reflect that.

Are you running brembo brakes? I mean if my rockers curling in to match the arch shape and not the OSVs fit ment is an issue I sure hope your not going to be hypocritical and all the above are done as well.

Wow, this appears to be a waaaaaa post. Pull your panties out of your ass.

I guess I should get a different car since mine is a 99 too.

Don't hate.......OK, hate that yours isn't a national winner.

Andy does bring up good point, if you weren't going for some accuracy why ask for pictures?

Hell body kits installed the kit better.
Closed Thread