Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-18-2005, 03:29 PM   #61
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Youngblood77@Mar 10 2005, 08:47 PM
I really don't think there's such thing as a nice sounding straight-through muffler on a v6. They all sound like fart cans. The only way to go in terms of having a single outlet without the straight through fart can sound is to get a "turbo" muffler, like Skyler posted.
not true at all.............almost everybody that has heard my car has said it sounds good.......i even had one of my buddy's dads (huge hot rod guy) ask if i had a small block swap in my car..... :thumbsup:
Old 03-19-2005, 12:39 AM   #62
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
This is one amusing discussion. Exhaust sound is possibly one of the most subjective modifications one can do. What sounds good to one may not sound good to another.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:48 AM   #63
Oldsmopimp

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff8928@Mar 19 2005, 05:39 AM
This is one amusing discussion. Exhaust sound is possibly one of the most subjective modifications one can do. What sounds good to one may not sound good to another.
.....ur absolutly right

having said that, I think this thread shuld be locked.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:53 AM   #64
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff8928@Mar 19 2005, 12:39 AM
Agreed.

To 99: I dunno man, I've just heard so many horror stories just like the one that started this thread, that I've just gotten into the frame of mind that straight through style mufflers only sound decent on an 8 cyl. A nice "snappy" sounding smallblock has always brought a smile to my face.

Alas....I stand corrected, 99. Could you possible give the rest of us the info on what your exhaust setup is/was, so that we'll know? I don't have the cash for a dual set-up, but a simple muffler swap could possibly happen soon. What muffler did you have?

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:58 AM   #65
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
well...........

I got the glass pack put on yesterday. its a dynomax thrush, 31" glass pack. barely fit, got it off summitracing.com for 18+shipping. i replaced the stock resonator with this. its a strait through design, with little perforated holes in it.

the car was never high pitched, but it did get lower pitched. the drone is about 25-30% of what it was, so the drone isn't to bad at all, a little, but not much. overall its alot quieter

i havn't had a chance to hear the exhaust outside the car, except at idle. and right now where having a snow storm/blizzard type thing, so i dont know what it sounds like at WOT.........but it sounds much much much better

if anyone wants to quiet down there slp, i highly recommend this, they sell different lengths depending on needs. they're strait through, so there is no reall additional back pressure or loss of power or anything like that. :thumbsup:
Old 03-20-2005, 04:47 PM   #66
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
i havn't had a chance to hear the exhaust outside the car, except at idle. and right now where having a snow storm/blizzard type thing, so i dont know what it sounds like at WOT.........but it sounds much much much better

yeah dude, that storm was sweet, i went snowmobiling yesterday glad u got all ur sound issues worked out.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:12 PM   #67
roadrunr

this is a good thread for me..I want to replace my stock muffler with something a bit deeper in sound...

just which is getting higher (thumbs up) is what I'm looking for in this topic...