Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-23-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
i do i got my isetup in today there is olny 2 things that i have to wait on .
1. i need 4 more fittings that forbiden has to order from me. to hook all my hose to the valves/tank.
2. this is more pita than anything else. i did a direct port with all my valves. now the problem is the fittings on the 5 gallon tank are to close togher to easly mount all 4 up valves

i will get some pics as soon as i can get my digital camera.
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:06 PM   #2
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally posted by slowandlow@Jul 23 2005, 04:11 AM
i do i got my isetup in today there is olny 2 things that i have to wait on .
1. i need 4 more fittings that forbiden has to order from me. to hook all my hose to the valves/tank.
2. this is more pita than anything else. i did a direct port with all my valves. now the problem is the fittings on the 5 gallon tank are to close togher to easly mount all 4 up valves

i will get some pics as soon as i can get my digital camera.

I'm in the middle of re-doing my tank plumbing.. cleaning it up from the previous rush install. I'm taking pics of it .. I'll post later tonight of my setup.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

yeah i want it installed.later on i will clean up the tank/valves. i am goung to be re hinked to make them look cleaner.

i think i might use elbos and run the valves along the floor and hide them with a cover.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
Oldsmopimp

Ya I have mine direct to the tank. I hear ya...it can be a lil much hookin everything up. But with your 1/2" fills and 3/8" dumps it will be FAST as F***!! Thats what I got. Heres some pix, maybe will help ya.

Old 07-24-2005, 12:42 AM   #5
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

well I just redid my tank plumbing and cleaned up the wiring ALOT.

The wet spot in the tank pic is me testing for air leaks with soapy water.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:11 AM   #6
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

you have a 8 gallon tank? i went with a 5. thanks for the pics. gave me some good ideas. dues it work as good/fast putting the valves in the spare tire well?
Old 07-24-2005, 03:47 AM   #7
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by slowandlow@Jul 24 2005, 07:11 AM
you have a 8 gallon tank? i went with a 5. thanks for the pics. gave me some good ideas. dues it work as good/fast putting the valves in the spare tire well?

get your own ideas! .. lol yea i got an 8 gal. Barely fit. When I did my stereo installed.. I just winged it . Then when i got my air ride.. I went to put it in and barely have room like 1/2" of each side clearance. Putting the valves in the spare .. the rear is quick as eff for 1/2 fill. and 3/8 dumps is overkill. I have to get speed control valve knobs cuz it drops too damn quick. Front is good enough pick up for 1/2" fill and drop is good speed for 3/8's dumps.

U might not be able to do all the valves in your spare tire if you use the plastic hose. Those aren't as flexible as my stainless steel lines. Unless u get stainless steel too, then you would be able to do tighter turns. They're custom made at my local fitting store. for total of 50 ft of lines, all my fittings it came out to be around 500-600 bucks.. Can't remember exactly.. I just put it on my credit card a few months back.

Or you can run hydro hoses. Its a little cheaper than stainless steel lines.

Word of advice.. get good brand name fittings, cheap ones sucks.. Been there on my first week of install.. wasted another 140 bucks on those fittings that i can't return. cuz I threw out the package and receipt. lol which i'll prolly put on ebay later.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:41 AM   #8
Oldsmopimp

Quote:
Originally posted by slowandlow@Jul 24 2005, 07:11 AM

Generally the closer you have the valves to the struts, the better you will be. To me, the diffrence is so minimal that its like who cares...... People say it will be more bouncy with valves far away casue everytime you hit a bump etc... the air is foreced back through the lines. I kinda think its cool cause my gauges for the struts are constantly moving as weight is always shifting...like during turns for example.
And if your running plastic line I would deffinitly NOT put them in the spare tire spot. It looks like Ritchie barley made it with the braided lines.
The way I have mine is nice cause they are right there behind the seat for maintanince, and they sound cool. Its loud as hell.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #9
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

i am getting ALKON fittings i told forbidden to get me good stuff that will work good. actuley i am going to stuff my tank in the corner of the trunk and face the valves twards the center. it will eat up 30%of my remaining trunk space.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:05 PM   #10
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Cool.. yea forbidden gets the good stuff.. so you'll be straight. Just the hard part to fixing all the air leaks from the first time after you put on everything. Heres some more tips: If you screw on fittings not tight enough or too tight, air will leak. So it'll take you sometime to get adjusted with the tightniess. Dont be surpried if he gets leaks galore on the first time of airring up. Just keep spraying soapy water and re-do the fitting (unscrew it , rethread it with teflon tape, screw back on) and check if its fixed. Fix each leak one at a time.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #11
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Also did u get manual gauges or digital one? Manual one will require you to run lines into wherever you put your gauges like the dash and stuff. I got the digital gauges, less plumbing, just a little more wiring, Only thing is that you need to program it for the sending units for it to read correctly. I didn't do that when i first got it and was wondering why the air tank gauge never went over 80 psi on the readout. LOL
Old 07-24-2005, 07:23 PM   #12
need4speed

Quote:
Originally posted by AftermathAlero@Jul 24 2005, 01:05 PM
Just the hard part to fixing all the air leaks from the first time after you put on everything. Heres some more tips: If you screw on fittings not tight enough or too tight, air will leak. So it'll take you sometime to get adjusted with the tightniess. Dont be surpried if he gets leaks galore on the first time of airring up. Just keep spraying soapy water and re-do the fitting (unscrew it , rethread it with teflon tape, screw back on) and check if its fixed. Fix each leak one at a time.

almost sounds to me ya don`t know what your talkin about dude, look if ya take your time and have experience with installs of air suspension you will not have a problem, there is no need to re-install fitting twice!! one time and that`s it
ya the soapy water is a good idea, but the experience is needed with the install
Old 07-24-2005, 07:32 PM   #13
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by need4speed+Jul 24 2005, 05:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(need4speed @ Jul 24 2005, 05:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AftermathAlero@Jul 24 2005, 01:05 PM
Just the hard part to fixing all the air leaks from the first time after you put on everything. Heres some more tips: If you screw on fittings not tight enough or too tight, air will leak. So it'll take you sometime to get adjusted with the tightniess. Dont be surpried if he gets leaks galore on the first time of airring up. Just keep spraying soapy water and re-do the fitting (unscrew it , rethread it with teflon tape, screw back on) and check if its fixed. Fix each leak one at a time.

almost sounds to me ya don`t know what your talkin about dude, look if ya take your time and have experience with installs of air suspension you will not have a problem, there is no need to re-install fitting twice!! one time and that`s it
ya the soapy water is a good idea, but the experience is needed with the install
[/b][/quote]

lol.... noob.

richie knows his poop.

air fittings are tempermental, like he said, too tight, or not tight enough, it can be hard to tell and will leak either way.

sure someone who has done 100+ air installs might get a little more lucky, from expirience alone. but we're talking about installing your airride yourself.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:36 PM   #14
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by need4speed+Jul 24 2005, 11:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(need4speed @ Jul 24 2005, 11:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AftermathAlero@Jul 24 2005, 01:05 PM
Â;-) Just the hard part to fixing all the air leaks from the first time after you put on everything.Â;-)Â;-) Heres some more tips:Â;-) If you screw on fittings not tight enough or too tight, air will leak.Â;-)Â;-) So it'll take you sometime to get adjusted with the tightniess.Â;-)Â;-) Dont be surpried if he gets leaks galore on the first time of airring up.Â;-)Â;-) Just keep spraying soapy water and re-do the fitting (unscrew it , rethread it with teflon tape, screw back on) and check if its fixed.Â;-) Fix each leak one at a time.

[/b][/quote]

I dont have a problem with my suspension.. its leak free for 3 months now (had the air ride since may). I'd just redid some relocating of a compressor and cleaned up the wiring in the back. Before It was hell cuz I couldn't access the wiring cuz it was behind my air tank. I was telling him since its his first time doing it. Just giving him some pointers.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:43 PM   #15
Travis99Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by need4speed+Jul 24 2005, 07:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(need4speed @ Jul 24 2005, 07:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AftermathAlero@Jul 24 2005, 01:05 PM
Â;-) Just the hard part to fixing all the air leaks from the first time after you put on everything.Â;-) Heres some more tips:Â;-) If you screw on fittings not tight enough or too tight, air will leak.Â;-) So it'll take you sometime to get adjusted with the tightniess.Â;-) Dont be surpried if he gets leaks galore on the first time of airring up.Â;-) Just keep spraying soapy water and re-do the fitting (unscrew it , rethread it with teflon tape, screw back on) and check if its fixed.Â;-) Fix each leak one at a time.

[/b][/quote]

bodyman knows all guys, bow down to his knowledge. :lol2:
Old 07-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #16
Oldsmopimp

No, You most always have to redo fittings. Not nessisarilly the brass to brass fittings since they are soft and easier to seal. Its plumbing straight to the tank where its steal NPT. I had to WRENCH on those suckers to get them to seal right. But then again I have a cheap tank. And ontop of it the ports are pre-machined, and then welded on therefor the thread warps a bit from the weld. So with that ontop of steel not being as soft as brass it can be a pain to get no leaks.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:50 PM   #17
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis99Alero@Jul 24 2005, 11:43 PM
[

werd ..lol

not everyone has a 2 gallon tank from air ride tech. and there pre-assembled block valves
Old 07-25-2005, 02:10 AM   #18
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

i dident get any gagues. or at least he did not put any in the package he set up. i do have a ajustable presure regulator. and want to get a nice digital setup with load leveling. is a gague mandatory?
Old 07-25-2005, 02:24 AM   #19
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by slowandlow@Jul 25 2005, 06:10 AM
i dident get any gagues. or at least he did not put any in the package he set up. i do have a ajustable presure regulator. and want to get a nice digital setup with load leveling. is a gague mandatory?

oh yeah gauging is a must. The load leveling is crap.. Thats just 1 more thing to break. Not needed. But you gotta have gauges to monitor your air ride height, and/or detect any leaks while your driving. you could drive it locally if your not traveling more then 30 min, but for your ride height you'll need to get in and out of the car to make sure you clear the tires for turning or else you'll messup your fenders cuz our fenders sucks.. really thin metal. Will bend and buckle.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:52 AM   #20
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Travis99Alero@Jul 24 2005, 05:43 PM

that does sound alot like bdyman... what a schl00b
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote