Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Resonator length

Anybody know whats the main purpose/difference in the lengths of resonators???...Im thinking about get a 12 inch from vibrant
Old 06-18-2008, 07:12 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
more resonation, quieter. i'm going to get like 2 massive ones since i'm going for the totally silent exhaust.
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

oh ok.....i somewhat figured so...i was just makin sure ....thx man...I saw the ultra quiet one but it a size of a muffler...oh by the way is that what the componet is after the cat in our exhause system is? A resonator? its kinda flat looking
Old 06-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
ya that's the resonator, i thought it was the cat at first glance becuase my replacement universal kitty looks like it.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

ooooh....i was a lil confused too, but yeah that shit is outta there...gonna order that 12"...maybe 18"..reso...
Old 06-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

cool if you're going for the same quietness so all you hear is the whine thing, you'll have to post up what you got and what it sounds like so i know lol
Old 06-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #7
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

i dont mind a lil exhaust sound action but all i have left to order is my muffler and its off to the exhaust shop...i will try to put up some clips after all is said and done
Old 06-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
so would going to a 3" exhaust be too much for an alero?
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

from what i found out 2.5" inch is the sweet spot for our cars....3" inch a lil too much unless your are running a big turbo
Old 06-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #10
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
hmmm i see well 2.5 it is ... any one wanna buy a brand new never been used 3" muffler made by magnaflow and a 3" y shaped tip ?
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #11
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Now well since the muffler is all the way at the end of the system you might be able to get away with a 3" muffler cause from what I read the 2.5" relieved alot of the backpressure but maintained exhaust velocity...so sinc the muffler is pretty much at the end my logic tell me it should be ok...but you should ask around to make sure...I got my info from searching the forums