Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-18-2003, 09:55 PM   #1
3.4Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealthalero+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stealthalero)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Alright well i searched and couldn't find anything on this topic.

I just hit 60,000 last week and also just installed my CAI a couple days ago, but the engine coolant light just came on.

It seems to come on every time i hit 3k RPM, i've only hit it twice in the last couple days. But is this normal, how often do we need to get our engine coolant changed, is it something i can go and buy easy or if i need to take it to the dealership about how much does it cost?

This isn't related to the CAI right, just a cowincidence (spl)?[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by King Asoka+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (King Asoka)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>check your coolent level to make sure its topped up. and have you had the intake leak problem yet?

cause when i got my intake leak the first thing that happened was the coolent level light would come on and go off, beacause the level was low.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue
Check the coolant. You can see if it's at the full line or not. Just make sure you're looking when it's cool. If it's low, go buy some, it's pretty cheap. You can buy it just about anywhere, just make sure it's GM or Dexcool approved or whatever. I have a gallon of the stuff in with my "car cleaning/maintenance stuff." It's a good thing to have around, like an extra quart of oil.

If, when you check the coolant, it looks poopty, or there's oil and crap all on the cap, take it in, unless you want to replace a gasket yourself. If you hit 60k you're pretty much SOL on getting GM or a dealer to help you though.
Quote:
Originally posted by Stealthalero
alright, thanks for the feedback, i'm pretty sure the levels just low and its not a leak, i'm hearing no noises from the intake and i've triple checked all seals and everything is just how its supposed to be. I'll go check it now.
<!--QuoteBegin-freeze12
@
Your just low as there is a Coolant Level sensor that is showing low coolant. Heck.... with 50,000 miles & living in Alaska I would change the coolant. I know because I lived in Anchorage (Nunaka Valley) for 5 years.[/quote]
<!--QuoteBegin-Stealthalero

I just put some more dex-cool/H20 in 50/50 mixture. The level actually wasn't that low and the dealership said they have seen some GMs come in with faulty engine coolant warning lights, but it hasn't come back on so i'm just guessing it is a really sensative gauge.[/quote]