Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-18-2003, 10:01 PM   #1
3.4Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by johny_boy32+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johny_boy32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I just recieved my cai in the mail today and I'm gonna put it on in the morning when i go to work. I was just wondering if their is anything I should know....any tips or do's and don'ts....pretty much anything that will help it last longer or anything of that nature. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks. I have the 2.4[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Oldsman)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>which CAI do you have? I got the induction dynamic CAI and could help ya out.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by johny_boy32
yep...i have the ID cai...can you help me out...just some tips and what not....do's and don'ts...?
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman
easiest to remove you front bumper.

make sure the intake pipe from the TB does get close to the raditor hose.

the 2.5 tube, you will have to half way set it with bumper off. then install bumper back on. then fine tune the filter placement and the tube. I had to push the tube up into the small tube section so you don't have a sharp bend.
Quote:
ok, what about tips to maintain the cai?
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman
nothing really. I just keep it clean. The vinyl will end up coming off but no big deal. Maybe keep and eye on how dirty the filter is getting and make sure it isn't getting really wet.
Quote:
Originally posted by crazykid
its going to get wet though.. especially if its down by the fog light... you dont have to worry about it though.. those cone filtering can generally absorb A LOT of water (unless you got one of those really cheapo brands).. especially the k&n ones.. you only are going to have a problem if you totally submerge the thing in water
Quote:
thanks crazy...i don't think i'm gonna sub-merge the alero anytime soon
<!--QuoteBegin-johny_boy32
@
alright all....its in my car...loving it...I can really feel the gain and did a burn out for the first time with my car on my bald ass tires since the snow fell...now one of my friends wants one...but she doesnt want to pay the money...so i have been taking tips from some of you on how to make a make-shift cai....i have one final ?....does the filter have to be down by the fender wall or can it be level with the rest of the engine....up near the top so you can actually see the filter....pretty much so there is less tubing...would it make any difference?[/quote]
<!--QuoteBegin-Alerosince99

Think that would make it a WAI.[/quote]