Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-18-2003, 10:03 PM   #1
3.4Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Daytona
Our cars are supposed to have a feature wherein you can still run your stereo and other electrical items in the car for 10 minutes after the ignition is shut off and the key is removed. And for the past 2 years it's worked fine. However, yesterday morning it stopped working like that. The moment I turned off the car the power went off as well.

Since I was due for an oil change anyway (just past 18,000 miles now) I made an appointment with the dealership to have the servicing done and the problem looked at.

Last night when I got home I shut off the car and the power went off but I was now able to hit the stereo power button on afterwards and the stereo restarted.

This morning the stereo stayed on after shutting off the car and removing the key. It was as if nothing was ever wrong.

Any have this problem or know where to look to a cause? It was raining for the past 2 days but that's never created a problem for me in the past. And I'm figuring that if it suddenly happened to me yesterday and then just as suddenly stopped, the problem still exists somewhere (or at least the potential for the problem to return exists).